We know he is faster than Marco !!!

SMMB

Guest
But we didn't know why he couldn't set the record.

From :

Roue libre Les lieutenants aux «jambes de pierre»

Par Antoine VAYER

lundi 26 juillet 2004 (Liberation - 06:00)

"Pour Christian Prudhomme, futur patron du
Tour, Armstrong est «un dieu», tant il est vrai que Lance a marché sur
les autres. Sa grâce divine a crucifié les outsiders, du moins ceux qui
n'ont pas abandonné, les «mal-soignés»."

"Seul hic à ce Tour de tous ses records personnels, un petit vent sur la deuxième partie de l'Alpe-d'Huez l'a empêché de battre celui de Pantani, qu'on pensait inapprochable."

I guess the barriers got him, not the crowd.
Me, too, if I had the genes, the dedication, etc., etc., ....

--
Sandy
Paris FR

*******

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

From :

Roue libre Les lieutenants aux «jambes de pierre»

Par Antoine VAYER

lundi 26 juillet 2004 (Liberation - 06:00)

"Pour Christian Prudhomme, futur patron du
Tour, Armstrong est «un dieu», tant il est vrai que Lance a marché sur
les autres. Sa grâce divine a crucifié les outsiders, du moins ceux qui
n'ont pas abandonné, les «mal-soignés»."

"Seul hic à ce Tour de tous ses records personnels, un petit vent sur la deuxième partie de
l'Alpe-d'Huez l'a empêché de battre celui de Pantani, qu'on pensait inapprochable."

I guess the barriers got him, not the crowd.
Me, too, if I had the genes, the dedication, etc., etc., ....

--
Sandy
Paris FR

I take it you consider Pantani's record to be legit?

M.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:48:33 -0500, Michael wrote:
> I take it you consider Pantani's record to be legit?

Of course, why not?

SMMB wrote:

> "Seul hic à ce Tour de tous ses records personnels, un petit vent sur la
> deuxième partie de l'Alpe-d'Huez l'a empêché de battre celui de Pantani,
> qu'on pensait inapprochable."

Someone at the twelfth party on Alpe d'Huez farted and this is why he
was a second slower than Pantani.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> SMMB wrote:
>
> > "Seul hic à ce Tour de tous ses records personnels, un petit vent sur la
> > deuxième partie de l'Alpe-d'Huez l'a empêché de battre celui de Pantani,
> > qu'on pensait inapprochable."

> Someone at the twelfth party on Alpe d'Huez farted and this is why he
> was a second slower than Pantani.

No, not the twelfth party, the second! The party of the second part will be
known in this contract as the party of the second part. etc.

Anyway, Pantani's record was 36'50, if you actually time it from betweeen
the start and finish of the climb (like Lance's was). The 37'35 included the
bit from the intersection of the D? and N? (too lazy to look it up) to the
bottom of the climb.

Jeff

"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...

> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> Anyway, Pantani's record was 36'50, if you actually time it from betweeen
> the start and finish of the climb (like Lance's was). The 37'35 included

the
> bit from the intersection of the D? and N? (too lazy to look it up) to the
> bottom of the climb.
>
> Jeff

A helpful site :

http://grimpee.alpe.9online.fr/references.html

--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

Jeff Jones wrote:

> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>SMMB wrote:
>>

>>>"Seul hic à ce Tour de tous ses records personnels, un petit vent sur la
>>>deuxième partie de l'Alpe-d'Huez l'a empêché de battre celui de Pantani,
>>>qu'on pensait inapprochable."

>>Someone at the twelfth party on Alpe d'Huez farted and this is why he
>>was a second slower than Pantani.
>>

> No, not the twelfth party, the second! The party of the second part will be
> known in this contract as the party of the second part. etc.

OK, the second farty party.

> the start and finish of the climb (like Lance's was). The 37'35 included the
> bit from the intersection of the D? and N? (too lazy to look it up) to the
> bottom of the climb.

I have a 3000x3000 pixel satellite image, so I did a complex image
transformation so that I could read the road signs. Crossroads of D211
and N91.

Stewart Fleming wrote:
> Jeff Jones wrote:
>

>> the start and finish of the climb (like Lance's was). The 37'35
>> included the bit from the intersection of the D? and N? (too lazy to
>> look it up) to the bottom of the climb.

> I have a 3000x3000 pixel satellite image, so I did a complex image
> transformation so that I could read the road signs. Crossroads of
> D211 and N91.

Damn, you're good!

Jeff

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:20:53 +1000, Jeff Jones wrote:
>> I have a 3000x3000 pixel satellite image, so I did a complex image
>> transformation so that I could read the road signs. Crossroads of
>> D211 and N91.

> Damn, you're good!

Especially since the crossing is not on the photo...

(Ah OK, *a* satellite image).

Jeff Jones wrote:

> Stewart Fleming wrote:
>
>>Jeff Jones wrote:
>>

>>>the start and finish of the climb (like Lance's was). The 37'35
>>>included the bit from the intersection of the D? and N? (too lazy to
>>>look it up) to the bottom of the climb.

>>I have a 3000x3000 pixel satellite image, so I did a complex image
>>transformation so that I could read the road signs. Crossroads of
>>D211 and N91.

> Damn, you're good!

We have a wide-ranging educational curriculum here in New Zealand.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> Especially since the crossing is not on the photo...
>
> (Ah OK, *a* satellite image).

It was probably the one taken by the blimp next to ours. There's always a
big fight for position among the Tour photographers.

Jeff

Jeff Jones wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>>Especially since the crossing is not on the photo...
>>
>>(Ah OK, *a* satellite image).

> It was probably the one taken by the blimp next to ours. There's always a
> big fight for position among the Tour photographers.

It was the grey one with no markings.
Can't say any more, sorry.

Stewart Fleming wrote:
> It was the grey one with no markings.