We listen to your phone conversations, now we wnat to know what you 'google' for.

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
Big brother is peering through your keyhole...

hey average American Joe, your govt wants a state run information service in force...c'mon now, what are you hiding???

"On Jan. 18, the U.S. Justice Department asked Ware to order Google to comply with a subpoena. It demands a "random sampling" of 1 million Internet addresses accessible through Google's popular search engine, and a random sampling of 1 million search queries submitted to Google in a one-week period."

Google says 'no way' to the US govts demand for web search activity information.

http://news.com.com/Google%2C+feds+face+off+over+search+records/2100-1028_3-6049262.html?tag=nefd.lede

mind you, Google doesnt have your privacy at heart, they are not that sort of organisation, they just dont want to give up trade secrets.

MountainPro said:

hey average American Joe, your govt wants a state run information service in force...c'mon now, what are you hiding???

"On Jan. 18, the U.S. Justice Department asked Ware to order Google to comply with a subpoena. It demands a "random sampling" of 1 million Internet addresses accessible through Google's popular search engine, and a random sampling of 1 million search queries submitted to Google in a one-week period."

Google says 'no way' to the US govts demand for web search activity information.

http://news.com.com/Google%2C+feds+face+off+over+search+records/2100-1028_3-6049262.html?tag=nefd.lede

mind you, Google doesnt have your privacy at heart, they are not that sort of organisation, they just dont want to give up trade secrets.

I will gladly give them a list of good **** site to visit.
I believe this a Russian fellow that is objecting to the governments demand.

MountainPro said:
I agree. Google has several motivations. Trade secrets you already mentioned. This is also excellent PR for them, at a time when their stock is plunging and there is generally negative feeling towards gov't, it is quite convenient of them to now be the poor-little-company-in-a-faceoff-with-big-bad-government in such a widely reported case.

Also, doesn't this make anybody wonder exactly what information Google has collected and stored on us? Regardless of any gov't interest, the Google databases are kind of creepy in their own right.

dont get me wrong, as a web developer, i hate google and everything it stands for, it is the worst thing ever to happen to the internet, dont get me started...

but it isnt a poor little company, it will over take microsoft in the next few years....take my word for it...

remember, google enforces the restiction of information in china...

bwankers,

...yes b'wankers.

roadhog said:
I agree. Google has several motivations. Trade secrets you already mentioned. This is also excellent PR for them, at a time when their stock is plunging and there is generally negative feeling towards gov't, it is quite convenient of them to now be the poor-little-company-in-a-faceoff-with-big-bad-government in such a widely reported case.

Also, doesn't this make anybody wonder exactly what information Google has collected and stored on us? Regardless of any gov't interest, the Google databases are kind of creepy in their own right.

Intersting that a company refuses to cooperate with the most democratic government in the world and cooperates with one of the most totalitarian.

dave1864 said:
Intersting that a company refuses to cooperate with the most democratic government in the world and cooperates with one of the most totalitarian.
Assuming that by "the most democratic country in the world" you mean the us...exactly how is the us more democratic than other countries?
How do you quantify "democracy" anyway?
:confused:

stevebaby said:
Assuming that by "the most democratic country in the world" you mean the us...exactly how is the us more democratic than other countries?
How do you quantify "democracy" anyway?
:confused:

I can't speak for everyone but I am very democratic. I treat everyone equally shitty.

google wants a piece of China, any growing company should.

they are willing to compromise thier customers in order to get a foothold in that lucrative market.

like i say, google are no angels.

dave1864 said:

MountainPro said:

MP, Im going to have to agree here (Im going to agree with you for once:p)

I went to the theater last night to see V for Vendetta, and two things struck me when the "listening truck" rolled through the streets.

First, George Orwell's 1984, "Big Brother is watching". Second, the US is already doing this. Orwell wrote a piece ahead of its time.

thing is cuca, its only now that they are asking for the information...before they just used 'intellegence' to steal it from us..

nice of them to ask, well nice of them to say 'give us the f*ckin info or we'll take you to court asshole'

i believe covert surveilence has been used for many years without our knolwdge...just look at google earth and this is the commercial version, just think what the military has. Higher definition real time (live) imaging. You cant see the satellite but i am sure they can see you...

cucamelsmd15 said:
MP, Im going to have to agree here (Im going to agree with you for once:p)

I went to the theater last night to see V for Vendetta, and two things struck me when the "listening truck" rolled through the streets.

First, George Orwell's 1984, "Big Brother is watching". Second, the US is already doing this. Orwell wrote a piece ahead of its time.

jhuskey said:
I can't speak for everyone but I am very democratic. I treat everyone equally shitty.
True story...A police sergeant was in front of a disciplinary hearing on a victimisation charge.Another police officer had complained that sergeant X "hated' him etc.
Tribunal Member,to witness:"Does Sergeant X hate the complainant?'
Witness (another police officer):"Sergeant X hates
everybody..."
Case dismissed.

MountainPro said:
thing is cuca, its only now that they are asking for the information...before they just used 'intellegence' to steal it from us..

nice of them to ask, well nice of them to say 'give us the f*ckin info or we'll take you to court asshole'

i believe covert surveilence has been used for many years without our knolwdge...just look at google earth and this is the commercial version, just think what the military has. Higher definition real time (live) imaging. You cant see the satellite but i am sure they can see you...
The National Security Agency has been listening to phone calls around the world for years,using voice recognition technology and the world's biggest collection of Kray supercomputers.

MountainPro said:

Yes, but Bu$h and Co. used illegal intellegence to do so, i.e. tapping phones without warrants. The court that grants those warrants may have rejected 5 or less, in the past 20 years.

We got slick ***** impeached for a little blow job, but we cant get Bu$h impeached for this?:rolleyes:

Its my conclusion on the situation that people are just apathetic.