We live in America Alan

Nogoslow

Guest
Have your hero Thomas come to the good ol usa. We have hills and chipseal roads cracks bumps heat
and rain and wind at our good ol ultras. The DF guys work together for some pretty impressive stuff.
We need to improve a lot to get to there level. No sensorship here Alan so lets have at it. I think
Frank Geyer will agree with me on this one Alan. He at least did an ultra. It is hard and tough and
long and not fun at the end of 200 plus miles and you still have more to go. It hurts and you have
to suffer. I respect Frank Geyer. He did It. And Wingnut from BROl. He was with me as the only other
'bent on the GLR ultra Brevets. I did not see you Alan. You were invited. Don't bring up the track
thing Alan. I don't do track. not my event. I brought up the subject of ultras and bents on Brol. So
lets have at it. No sensorship. Come on buddy. No Bryan Ball to protect and shelter you here. Right
out in public.

nogoslow wrote:

> Have your hero Thomas come to the good ol usa. We have hills and chipseal roads cracks bumps heat
> and rain and wind at our good ol ultras....

I presume the person being referred to here is Thomas Schott of Razz Fazz.

Originally posted by NogoslowNo Bryan Ball to protect and shelter you here. Right
out in public.

Kevin,
There is no Bryan Ball here and to protect me from anything and he has nothing to do with the fact that you are sending me threatening e-mail were you specifically state you are "willing to go to jail" to harm me if I show up at an event in WI.

Grow up man. The fact is if I ever ride with you or your paceline group of unfaried Aeros you will not be able to keep my pace because I use a tailfairing and you would have to produce more watts to keep the same speed. For some reason you can't handle that fact and you do not have experieince riding faired.

There is no doubt that you are a very strong rider and I respect you for that. But get your biking life in check from the reality of your regular life with your family.

If you continue to send me your personal threats i'Ill contact the Eagle, WI police dept. and the local authorities here so there will be a record of your intent. DO you understand? I've got your ISP and the dates and times you are sending me the stuff. I'm not the one that is making threat to anyone's family or well being just because of banter posts made on BROL

Yeah this is America Kevin and if you plan to assault someone with planned intent you go to jail and not only ruin your personal life but the life of your family and the family of the one you assault or kill. So I suggest you talk to your wife and discuss your plans with her so she can talk some sense into you. That you way you can get on with your biking life and excel at your distance events for many years to come instead of wasting your talent due to a criminal act.

Best Regards,
Alan

If you two act like this all the time, you will both get kicked out of junior high school.

Review Boy wrote:
> If you two act like this all the time, you will both get kicked out of junior high school.

I sure hope they get their differences settled before MRR. I'd like to meet them both, but not if it
means getting caught in a war.
--

John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

e v e r y w h e r e surprises you? Afterall G-D is an American, our President and Commander in Chief
tells us this just before we go to every new war and no way our President would lie to us.
*****************

Joshua Goldberg wrote:
> e v e r y w h e r e surprises you? Afterall G-D is an American, our President and Commander in
> Chief tells us this just before we go to every new war and no way our President would lie to us.

If he claims to be MY President and Commander-In-Chief, then that's a porkie for starters.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

>If he claims to be MY President and Commander-In-Chief, then that's a porkie for starters.

Okay Dave... I think I'm really starting get a good vocubulary of Brit-isms, but that one has me
baffled. Have you gone a bit barmy?

Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

'BentRider must be edykated coz e writed:

>> If he claims to be MY President and Commander-In-Chief, then that's a porkie for starters.
>
> Okay Dave... I think I'm really starting get a good vocubulary of Brit-isms, but that one has me
> baffled. Have you gone a bit barmy?
>
> Bryan J. Ball Editor/Publisher www.bentrideronline.com

Pork pie, lie.

Rhyming slang type stuff. Slowly but surely we will educate the colonies.

(heh heh)

Ian

> e v e r y w h e r e surprises you? Afterall G-D is an American, our President and Commander in
> Chief tells us this just before we go to every new war and no way our President would lie to us.
> *****************
> "Torben Scheel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > Is it? Curiouser and curiouser.
> >
> > Didn't you know? America is e v e r y w h e r e ..
> >
> > Torben

A gentle reminder while it's on my mind (see the recent thread complaining about off topic posts)
that a debate as to America's political omnipresence would probably be best labeled *off topic* in
deference to those who don't want to read off topic political threads.

I think the poster quoted in this case was referring to where he and one other person resided when
he said "Yeah this is America Kevin and if you plan to......" and no political agenda was implied
until Torben snipped the sentence fragment out of their conversation and politicalized it.

skip

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, 'BentRider <[email protected]> wrote:

> >If he claims to be MY President and Commander-In-Chief, then that's a porkie for starters.
>
> Okay Dave... I think I'm really starting get a good vocubulary of Brit-isms, but that one has me
> baffled. Have you gone a bit barmy?

Rhyming slang: porkie is 'pork pie' = lie. It's by far the most readily recognised rhyming slang.

China and dog are the only others that spring to mind which I ever hear without the rhyme. Your
china might give you a ring on the dog.

Others are less widely used, and generally get the rhyme included, eg "jaffa orange", "trouble and
strife" etc.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

I have pretty well abandoned organized religion in my life...BUT I cannot run the risk of putting
the "O" in G-D, just in case HE really does exist and does NOT have a good sense of humor.
------------------------
news:[email protected]...

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:09:15 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:

>Rhyming slang: porkie is 'pork pie' = lie. It's by far the most readily recognised rhyming slang.

Would you adam and eve it. I thought that was dicky dirt, or maybe plates of meat. But perhaps I've
watched The Italian Job once too often ;-)

Guy
===

Just zis Guy, you know? must be edykated coz e writed:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:09:15 +0000 (UTC), Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Rhyming slang: porkie is 'pork pie' = lie. It's by far the most readily recognised rhyming slang.
>
> Would you adam and eve it. I thought that was dicky dirt, or maybe plates of meat. But perhaps
> I've watched The Italian Job once too often ;-)
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
> notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of
> downtime between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
> equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

You J. Arthur.

Ian

A squadron leader, just off on a mission, runs past, and dashes into a Nissen hut

CAPTION: Somewhere in England, 1944

The squadron leader enters an RAF officers' mess and takes off his helmet

Bovril (Terry J.) Morning, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader (Eric) What-ho, Squiffy.

Bovril How was it?

Squadron Leader Top hole. Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy
blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty
Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril Er, I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, squadron leader.

Squadron Leader It's perfectly ordinary banter, Squiffy. Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite right in
the how's yer father ... hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy,
flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie.

Bovril No, I'm just not understanding banter at all well today. Give us it slower.

Squadron Leader Banter's not the same if you say it slower, Squiffy.

Bovril Hold on, then. (shouts) Wingco!

Wingco (Graham) Yes!

Bovril Bend an ear to the squadron leader's banter for a sec, would you?

Wingco Can do.

Bovril Jolly good.

Wingco Fire away.

Squadron Leader (draws a deep breath and looks slightly uncertain, then starts even more
deliberately then before) Bally Jerry ... pranged his kite ... right in the how's your father ...
hairy blighter ... dicky-birdied ... ... feathered back on his Sammy ... took a waspy ... flipped
over on his Betty Harper's ... and caught his can in the Bertie.

Wingco ... No, don't understand that banter at all.

Squadron Leader Something up with my banter, chaps?

A siren goes. The door bursts open and an out-of-breath young pilot rushes in, in his flying gear.

Pilot (Michael) Bunch of monkeys on your ceiling, sir! Grab your egg and fours and let's get the
bacon delivered.

General incomprehension. They look at each other

Wingco Do you understand that?

Squadron Leader No, didn't get a word of it.

Wingco Sorry old man, we don't understand your banter.

Pilot You know ... bally ten-penny ones dropping in the custard ... (searching for the words) um ...
Charlie Choppers chucking a handful ...

Wingco No, no ... sorry.

Bovril Say it a bit slower, old chap.

Pilot Slower banter, sir?

Wingco Ra-ther!

Pilot Um ... sausage squad up the blue end!

Squadron Leader No, still don't get it.

Pilot Um ... cabbage crates coming over the briny?

Squadron Leader No.

Wingco, Pilot and Bovril No, no ...

Stock film of a German bombing raid.

Voice Over (Michael) But by then it was too late. The first cabbage crates hit London by July 7th.
That was just the beginning...