We lost it - for the fifth time...

Jun 27, 2005
East Wareham MA
We had our fifth miscarriage this past weekend, confirmed by the OB this morning.

So sadly, my offspring count remains at a big fat zero, with zeroes in its eyes...

cyberlegend1994 said:
We had our fifth miscarriage this past weekend, confirmed by the OB this morning.

So sadly, my offspring count remains at a big fat zero, with zeroes in its eyes...

oh good lord cyber, i'm quite terribley sorry to hear that, bub. the misses is okay?

Sorry to hear that.It must be getting frustrating to you. Try and keep the faith.

I never had that particular problem but I have lost a child. It's not anything I would wish on my worst enemy.
Things almost always get easier as time passes and it always does with out without our permission.

Damn! Been through it a couple times myself. I hope you two find/have found some solace in knowing that miscarriages are an indication that something just wasn't right with the fetus and that this was probably the best result...Sorry to hear of your unfortunate news...

cyberlegend1994 said:

Oh man, VERY sorry to hear that. My condolences.

cyberlegend1994 said:

That's too bad. Hang in there, and don't give up. Maybe this isn't so much so solace now, but you guys have got a lot of attempts left to go.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Cyber. Sending positive thoughts to you and your Missus.

I'm sorry that happened Cyber it's a very emotional experience I wouldn't want to repeat.

So sorry to hear that. Are you two working with a doctor to help determine/correct the cause?

I am so sorry for you loss ('s) that is a hard thing to go through. I have had 2 friends go through the same thing in the past 2 months.

can I ask you a personal question though?

being the man, you have no connection connection to the baby other than your emotional and talking to the belly. Did you find it difficult when you found out you had lost the baby ('s)? I mean other than the fact of being dissapointed yet again after trying for so long. If you dont understand what I am saying let me further explain from my personal thoughts.....My wife is 5 months prego with our second. Other than me talking to her belly and knowing in my head that she is pregnant there is no other connection between me and the baby. with our first born it didn't really hit me that I was going to be a dad until she was PHYSICALLY there for me to see her in my arms. right at that moment it hit me, wow...Im a daddy! same thing now with my second on the way, it hasn't really hit me that i have one on the way.

My friends said they felt the same way and that when they heard the news of their loss, they were sad and dissapointed but more so for their wives since they were taking it so hard. The woman has that connection right away since they are carrying it in them.

SO...other than you being dissapointed. (it sounds like what i have read that your sperm count is low and you are part of why you have had trouble?) do you feel as if you lost a child? (this of course not knowing how far along your wife was each of the 5 times.)

Thanks for all the support. It helps a lot and is really appreciated.

bianchi10 said:
...can I ask you a personal question though?

< snip >

My friends said they felt the same way and that when they heard the news of their loss, they were sad and dissapointed but more so for their wives since they were taking it so hard. The woman has that connection right away since they are carrying it in them.

SO...other than you being dissapointed. (it sounds like what i have read that your sperm count is low and you are part of why you have had trouble?) do you feel as if you lost a child? (this of course not knowing how far along your wife was each of the 5 times.)
The problem is not my sperm count - one has to get pregnant in order to have a miscarriage, we have no trouble conceiving, our problem is carrying.

And yes, I have a connection even as the man since one half of that child's DNA is mine.

Our first attempt lasted about 9 weeks, every attempt after that lasted only about 3-5 weeks. Our OB wants to do some genetic testing to rule out chromosomal incompatibilities. After our last one (before this one), a battery of blood tests also showed that she's carrying an antibody that has been linked to multiple miscarriages, this antibody can be suppressed with low-dose aspirin so she's on a low-dose aspirin regimen, she started this before we tried to conceive. Another test revealed some small uterine fibroids, however, the OB said that they are very small and in an area that's unlikely to interfere with conception and carrying.

This past attempt, after some suspicious spotting started happening, the OB had us go in to have a blood draw for some tests, one of the tests showed a dangerously low hormone level that could trigger a miscarriage and told us what to watch out for, the things to watch for happened over the weekend, so we had another blood draw done Monday, the results of that draw confirmed our worst fear.

Bottom line - there are multiple issues at hand, the problem is that things we need to have done are considered infertility services, which are not covered by insurance.

cyberlegend1994 said:
the problem is that things we need to have done are considered infertility services, which are not covered by insurance.

I nominate Cyber's wife as member of the month the next time there is some cash or re-sellable prize giveaway here on the forums.

Cyber, I am truly sorry. My cousin had 2 miscarriages with his wife. I know it's easier said than done but keep your head up and stay positive.