Weak stomach or something else?

go faster

Jan 3, 2008
Usually I have no problem while riding, but occasionaly I'll be riding. I may be ascending, descending, or on flat and suddenly my body will make me want to vomit. When I close my mouth and breath through my nose, everything is fine, but if I continue to breath in through my mouth I will eventually end up puking. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any help.

go faster said:
Usually I have no problem while riding, but occasionaly I'll be riding. I may be ascending, descending, or on flat and suddenly my body will make me want to vomit. When I close my mouth and breath through my nose, everything is fine, but if I continue to breath in through my mouth I will eventually end up puking. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks for any help.

When is it usually your last meal before riding?.

Geez! What do you expect? The recommended time is closer to 2 hours after a meal before engaging in (strenuous) excercise. Tyson

I'm not trying to be a smart-a** but why not continue to breath through your nose? It's the better method anyway.

If your meal is 500+ calories just 30 mnutes before exercise, that is asking for gastrointestinal problems. Either give it more time, or have a small meal before riding.

Or you might be over doing it a bit. Take some time for your body to warm up before hitting the hammer.

Are you just getting back into riding? If so, that might be the reason why as well. You cannot exercise at the level you would during the season if you have been off the bike for a significant period of time.

Just a few words.

Dose Dependent

http://www.alvinstewart.com/2008/bike.php

I'm not so sure that it is something to do with food as much as it is a respiratory problem. I've trained early for 30mins without eating and still had the problem. It's like as if I have something very sensitive in the back of my throat that causes me to gag when I breath in air. Although, sometimes it's not there and I have no problem at all.
frown.gif

go faster said:
I'm not so sure that it is something to do with food as much as it is a respiratory problem. I've trained early for 30mins without eating and still had the problem. It's like as if I have something very sensitive in the back of my throat that causes me to gag when I breath in air. Although, sometimes it's not there and I have no problem at all.
frown.gif
Have you had this checked out by a doctor? That'd be the 1st thing I'd do if it were me. Tyson

I used to have this problem.
#1 - prehydrate, stay hydrated.
#2 - don't eat before riding - this used to make me sick. 30 mins before riding is not a good idea at all. If you ride in the morning, have breakfast after your ride.