Weakness in Left hand

obxbes

Mar 9, 2005
About 4 months ago I had surgery for a compressed ulnar nerve. Symptons were numbness in the tips of my left pinkie and ring finger and loss of strength in my left hand. Six weeks after the surgery I had lost the numbness and gotten almost full strength back in my hand. My surgeon was amazed that the strength had returned. I wasn't able to ride for 3 weeks while I had a cast on. I started riding again 50 -70 miles a week. At this time the numbness is still gone but my left hand weakness is returning. Can this be riding related.

obxbes said:
About 4 months ago I had surgery for a compressed ulnar nerve. Symptons were numbness in the tips of my left pinkie and ring finger and loss of strength in my left hand. Six weeks after the surgery I had lost the numbness and gotten almost full strength back in my hand. My surgeon was amazed that the strength had returned. I wasn't able to ride for 3 weeks while I had a cast on. I started riding again 50 -70 miles a week. At this time the numbness is still gone but my left hand weakness is returning. Can this be riding related.
Talk to your doctor again.

I have a recurring tenderness in my left wrist that I'm certain is related to cycling. Ocassionally, I have to put on one of the menthol type pads they sell in the pharmacy to make the soreness leave.

I have a worse time with it when I use the mountain bike, as I think I may actually hit a lot more hard bumps on that one. I don't know if it's the same type thing as you're experiencing or not. Cycling is hard on the hands and wrists.

Good luck.

Hmmm. I wonder what caused this. Well at least you had a quick recovery. Good for you.

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. Actually, yes I have been noticing some discomfort in my left hand, especially when I use the keyboard for prolonged periods of time. I do not really know how to describe the sensation. All I can say is that I feel weakness in my wrist. Any one else experiencing this problem?

Did you tell your doctor about how you like to ride? See what he says about the weakness coming back. I hope it doesn't continue, you'd think riding would make it stronger. But I wish you all the best.