"Wear wool, sit on leather, ride lugged steel"

Jeff Potter

Guest
A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.

--JP

Jeff Potter wrote:

> A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.
>
> --JP

Odd that Grant would offer anything that amounts to an automobile
accessory. Might have made a better T-shirt than a bumper sticker.

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:12:06 -0800, Diablo Scott wrote:

> Odd that Grant would offer anything that amounts to an automobile
> accessory. Might have made a better T-shirt than a bumper sticker.

Your bike doesn't have a cow-catcher to affix stickers to?

Diablo Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

> Odd that Grant would offer anything that amounts to an automobile
> accessory. Might have made a better T-shirt than a bumper sticker.

Wool T-shirts are pricey. ;^)

Chalo Colina

9 Nov 2004 08:22:56 -0800,
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Jeff Potter) wrote:

>A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.

I'd need that says:
"Wear wool, sit on leather, ride lugged steel, spin your own lumens"

except a really small one for my bike
--
zk

Zoot Katz wrote:

> 9 Nov 2004 08:22:56 -0800,
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Jeff Potter) wrote:
>
>> A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.
>>

> I'd need that says:
> "Wear wool, sit on leather,

I guess sheep and cows are sustainable!

Matt O.

On 9 Nov 2004 08:22:56 -0800, [email protected] (Jeff Potter) wrote:

>A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.
>
>--JP

Bumpersticker???

You're right- the whole concept is hilarious. In a sad way....

Dan Daniel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 9 Nov 2004 08:22:56 -0800, [email protected] (Jeff Potter) wrote:
>
> >A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.
> >
> >--JP

> Bumpersticker???
>
> You're right- the whole concept is hilarious. In a sad way....

Are you really that anti-car?

Put em on ambulances if you prefer.

What I think is really sad is electrical wire. Think of all the
unsustainable tragedy...

--JP

On 10 Nov 2004 06:35:19 -0800, [email protected] (Jeff Potter)
wrote:

>Dan Daniel <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> On 9 Nov 2004 08:22:56 -0800, [email protected] (Jeff Potter) wrote:
>>
>> >A great, humorous, bumpersticker from Rivendell.
>> >
>> >--JP

>> Bumpersticker???
>>
>> You're right- the whole concept is hilarious. In a sad way....

>Are you really that anti-car?

Nope, not anti-cars. More distressed at some of the disconnects in our
culture. Don't you think it takes a certain form of disconnection, of
avoiding putting two and together, to have, say, a bumper sticker
saying 'Keep Tahoe Blue' on the back of a Lincoln SUV with a ski rack
on top?

Cars are amazing- the ability to travel such distances comfortably.
There's no putting that genie back in the bottle for good reasons.
That doesn't make the activity of driving a car immune from thought
about its implications.

>Put em on ambulances if you prefer.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if most ambulance trips are in response to auto
accidents?

>What I think is really sad is electrical wire. Think of all the
>unsustainable tragedy...
>
>--JP

Actually, electricity generation doesn't have to be unsustainable.
That's just the choice that's been made so far. Like autos, I can't
imagine humanity going backwards to a non-electric life, at least not
without a huge struggle.

> >> Bumpersticker???
> >>
> >> You're right- the whole concept is hilarious. In a sad way....

> >Are you really that anti-car?

> Nope, not anti-cars. More distressed at some of the disconnects in our
> culture. Don't you think it takes a certain form of disconnection, of
> avoiding putting two and together, to have, say, a bumper sticker
> saying 'Keep Tahoe Blue' on the back of a Lincoln SUV with a ski rack
> on top?

Well, sure, there it would be. But not just any car. A car is actually
just a different device from a bike. Different uses. Just coz most use
em lamely is kind of immaterial to the sadness of stickering them. As
long as they're here might as well make em billboards. Leaving all
that good media space unfilled when we spend so much time staring at
the back of the things is what's truly sad.

[ ]
> >Put em on ambulances if you prefer.
> >

> Hmmmm.... I wonder if most ambulance trips are in response to auto
> accidents?

Probably not. But lots are. So put em on busses if you don't want as
much sadness. Or on Honda Civics.

--JP