Wearable display in (sun)glasses

Lex

Guest
I'm a communication student from Holland and I'm researching the
possibility of a screen embedded in a pair of sunglasses. My target
group is athletes in general, but for my initial research I'm
focussing on cyclists. I know that they get a lot of information
through an ear-piece right now, but I'd like to know what kind of
information this is and if you have any idea about this subject; so
what kind of visual information could have an added value for
cyclusts, for example about health, weather, etc. ?

Thank you for your time,
Lex

"Lex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm a communication student from Holland and I'm researching the
> possibility of a screen embedded in a pair of sunglasses. My target
> group is athletes in general, but for my initial research I'm
> focussing on cyclists. I know that they get a lot of information
> through an ear-piece right now, but I'd like to know what kind of
> information this is and if you have any idea about this subject; so
> what kind of visual information could have an added value for
> cyclusts, for example about health, weather, etc. ?

It would certainly be helpful to have sunglasses with a display telling you
whether it's raining or not, or whether all the favourites have just gone
off in one big group leaving you back in the peloton. Most of us manage this
by having sunglasses which do not block 100% of the incoming light; but you
might want to discuss this with george.hincapie at discoverychannel.com

Peter

A guy called Thad Starner did most of this stuff about 5-10 years ago.
Wearable displays/sunglasses etc, not specific to bike racing.

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Thad.Starner/