Wearing of the side edges on the Polar S - series HRM transmitter anyone ?

SniperX

Jan 29, 2003
do u guys find that the plascitc side edges of the polar chest transmitter gets worn out after inserting the chest strap( round electrode at the sides) in and out ? the sharp ends seem to get "chipped" off or worn out after insertions n removals are made.

Why not post an image of the offending bits. That will give us a better idea of the wear you are refering to.

Leon

dun have a digi cam =| its around the area of insertion the 2 holes ( left 1 and rite 1 ) of the transmitter and its on theside where the polar logo is facing . its quite easy to spot it insert the chest strap onto the trans and u can feel some friction rite?then look around the area where u slide n lock the chest strap the edges ...

I cracked the screen of my Polar S210 recently. It cost R170-00 to repair. My Nokia screen got smashed not long after that and it cost me R600-00 to replace. When they repaired my HRM they replaced the strap because it started to look tatty. They did this on the house...amazing service!!!!!!

Keep those wheels spinning!!!

Big H

i think i know what you are talking about but i haven't had any trouble with it.

a little wear there shouldn't be a problem since the tension in the elastic should hold the transmitter and strap together on your chest.

as for polar service my S610 got a cracked button a week after i bought it and Polar had it fixed virtually overnight and back in my hands even though it had to go interstate to get fixed

good to hear bout the excellent service they gave u guyz hope it goes to all the polar service areas round the world heh

This seems like a common problem , I have heard of so many people that had cracked buttons.

Leon

Polar service is excellent here in Australia. The red button (and the 'stop' button) of my S710 fell off, and I sent it to them to get put back on. They ended up replacing the whole front fascia and installed a new battery in it for free :)

Cracked red buttons in particular seem to be fairly common for some reason. I wonder why they don't use a rubberised like button.

when my button cracked they fixed it and sent me a little bag of spares

as for the transmitter, i had a closer look at mine and it is wearing away around the edges but its isn't causing any problems

I just lent my HRM to a friend of mine for a couple of days (as a motivational aid/let her see how useful they are) while I rest, and she broke the strap's tab. :(

Lucky it was elastic strap half that broke, and not the electrode-transponder thingy, so it's not going to cost the earth to replace.

The bit it joins onto on the electrode bit looks a little scruffy but it doesn't appear worn at all.

Originally posted by rek
I just lent my HRM to a friend of mine for a couple of days (as a motivational aid/let her see how useful they are) while I rest, and she broke the strap's tab. :(

Lucky it was elastic strap half that broke, and not the electrode-transponder thingy, so it's not going to cost the earth to replace.

The bit it joins onto on the electrode bit looks a little scruffy but it doesn't appear worn at all.

Mine broke Sunday night (about 4 hours after I *****ed about another stap breaking on here)

They arnt made very well, when you first look at ém you wonder 'how bloody long till this snaps'

cheers

yeah steve i agree with that its the bulit of it actually the way its clipped onto the trans is very resistant it rubs on the plastic transmitter causing it to wear off. I think perhaps we should alllll send emails to polar recommending that they make a whole new transmitter clearing issues such as this and other very important stuff ( allowing users to change the batts themselves ... more advanced coding to prevent interferences... etc) If we make a team effort i guess it will knock more sense into the tech guys over at polar heh