Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

They`re really very popular! In Europe mostly sportsmen are wearing them (at least here)! Last week I was watching european basketball league and all four Blacks from israeli team were wearing it! I`m wondering how did they (LAF) make them so popular! It doesn`t surprise me they`re popular in cycling, but a lot of football and basketball players are wearing it too! I have a classmate who plays basketball and I`ve sold 5 bracelest to him and his playfellows and all are wearing it (just during the game but it doesn`t matter..).

Beastt said:
Reports now have sales at 27-million wristbands!

Apparently some hospitals are recommending that patients admitted for treatment not wear the wristband because they look too much like the color-coded wristbands used by many hospitals. Apparently the yellow hospital band lets hospital staff know not to resuscitate a patient.

I have heard that. It would be a shame to have one mistaken for a DNR band.
Livestrong = Die too soon.

I just got 20 of them, then I gave them all away at school, all but one [for my self] and I think im gona order 20 more.

Yes i will always wear one, i think it has done loads for the popularity of cycling and also goes to a great cause.

Frend of mine told me today that someone stopped him on the street and asked where did he get it! Unbelievable!:)

davidbod said:
I got mine at a tour party the night of the team time trial and have been wearing it since. Not sure when I'm going to take it off.
I wear two. I beat cancer three years ago. I need to buy more so I can hand them out. E-Bay I think is the place to buy them??

I order a bunch about three months ago from LAF, it took about 6 weeks to show up they where out of stock. My wife and I put them on when they arrived and have no intentions of taking them off.

Bop Bop said:
I order a bunch about three months ago from LAF, it took about 6 weeks to show up they where out of stock. My wife and I put them on when they arrived and have no intentions of taking them off.

To the best of my knowledge they have been back-ordered at least since the middle of the Tour. People who want them pretty much have to order them and wait. I guess that's what happens when you're not sure you can reach a goal of 5-million and end up selling over 27-million, (so far).

BTW, for those who don't want to order $10 worth of bands you can now purchase individual bands for $1 each through the Discover Channel website.

I'm wearing one to support my aunt and stepmother who beat cancer, and my aunt who seems now to be facing it again. I've got most of the family wearing them - even my 86-year-old grandmother lol. Wish they werent so big though. Anyone else find them a little large? Doesnt need to be that big since they stretch. I could probably wear it up around my elbow without discomfort. :rolleyes:

Yes, I find them a bit large, friend of mine too..I`m wondering how small one would suit me.:rolleyes:

I am really happy that people (especially cyclists) have either got them or are looking for them. It is a great foundation and cancer charity and I would like nothing better than to see it do well!!!

I gave two of them to my kids and they wear them. The wristbands are pretty popular at their high school.

meehs said:
Nike has no LIVESTRONG merchandise on their web site. I had no idea that Nike was involved with the wristbands until I read this thread. And I have one on my wrist.

I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that you're that much smarter than the millions of people (you know? us lemmings) that have fallen for this ingenius worldwide marketing scam. I really admire you for being able to see through this terrible sham.

Athough the packaging is clearly labelled with the Nike swoosh and the back of the packet says "The Swoosh design is a trademark of Nike,Inc".
Yes Nike make the bands and will generate publicity, but who is to argue that the whole campaign will raise massive awareness for the cause and just by looking at the support and info that laf.org provides cancer victims and lay people it is obvious that the motives of this campaing center around charity and not financial gain.
Its not right to just 'assume' that Lance is personally profiting from this as this is just fabricated from personal opinion and without any form of factual basis.
Its sad that people have to be so cynical about this whole matter. if you dont like the idea of the band, just give the dollar and dont take the band!!!

I Purchased 20 When They Came Out In July. Passed Them Out To My Family And Friends. I Wear Mine All The Time. It's A Great Cause.

I wear one and have a bag of 8 more (one band already broke). I am a 10 year cancer survivor and have had friends and family die from cancer. It is something that I think about every day and I actively participate in survivor forums and make donations to what I think are purposeful organizations/foundations/charities.

The band is important to me and has been a door to discussion about cancer when somebody asks about it.