Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Beastt, Aug 1, 2004.

1. southwind

southwind New Member

Try the youth size, they are a better fit.

2. RC2

RC2 New Member

That's An Interesting Use Of The Shift Key.

3. William Henry

William Henry New Member

i wear mine because of what it stands for my grandad had cancer and I like the man who came up with it

4. mikem

mikem New Member

I wear one, as do all my friends and family as a visible sign of solidarity if you will - what's it to ya? ;) It usually starts conversation and in the process raises awareness of cancer research. My son was treated for cancer and I ride in the http://www.pmc.org every year for him and all others affected by this insipid disease. I send the bracelets as a thank you to my sponsors - LAF gets $200 of my money, and I generated about 60x that to the Jimmy Fund in 2004. 97% of the money donated to the PMC goes directly to the Jimmy Fund - the most of any charity.

If the bracelets help in this effort - and they do for me - it's all upside.

5. mikem

mikem New Member

Tell this guy he shouldn't be wearing a "silly little yellow bracelet"...

6. donhix1

donhix1 New Member

I was in the 7-Eleven and they have green bracelets for the Armed Forces and blue ones for Tsunami relief. I don't know how legitimate these are.

7. team bianchi

team bianchi New Member

I love my band I love helping people with cancer and i reckon i stand out cause i have one

even though jan is my fav cyclist and im an aussie

people who havent got bands visit www.ebay.com thats great for getting the band

8. mikem

mikem New Member

I'll be putting 20 or so up on Ebay soon. All proceeds will go to my ride in the PMC instead of to someone making money off of them!

9. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

A very, very special person gave my daughter, her boyfriend and myself one each and there is a story behind it, I now wear it with a more personal meaning .. thank you friend .. :)

10. RonTom

RonTom New Member

When you order them from the Lance Armstrong foundation http://66.179.198.182/ you have to order at least 10 to make other handling and shipping worthwhile. If you get them from anywhere else, you stand a very good chance of getting scammed. If you want to give some creep $1 for a colored rubber band, that's your business, but don't pat yourself on the back too hard for helping our a good cause!

When I bought 10 from LAF I gave a few away but most people didn't want one and I can see why - it's just a yellow rubber band so it means nothing in and of itself - it's what it means to you when you buy it to support a good cause. That you've contributing to a good cause makes it worth wearing!

As, such I really don't care if someone thinks it's corny or stupid etc. I wear them all the time - one basically "rotted" off my wrist and a couple have become so filthy with oil/dirt/grease I threw it out and put on a new one. No problem, I still have few more and WILL buy more from the LAF only!

11. tallwriter

tallwriter New Member

I've had mine since the middle of the tour last summer, and I wear it all the time. Gave some to my family too, but only my 7-year-old granddaughter wears it much. Working on them. The kid is the only one that rides with me, for that matter. My significant other also wears his constantly. ;)

12. Dramalicious

Dramalicious New Member

One of the reasons I wear my livestrong band is because they're in style. All of my friends wear livestrong-style bands and I want to wear them too. But the other reason (and the main reason) I wear my band is because it supports cancer survivors and cancer research. I wear a few different colored bands with different sayings every day, but I always make sure to include my livestrong band. I like to show my support, so even after the bands go out of style, I'll still wear mine. I'll wear mine even after they find a cure.

13. Briko03

Briko03 New Member

Why I wear a livestrong bracelet?? Because i read lance armstongs books and I hope that someday there wont have to be that kind of suffering. My only hope would be that people wouldnt try and make money of such a good cause. We should all be so lucky to be able to wear something that represents such a good cause.

14. tchak attack

tchak attack New Member

Seriously I am thinking about tatooing the livestrong braclet right above my right elbow. I talked to two tatoo parlors they said it can be done but it would have to be bigger than actual size to get the engraved look on the skin...:)

15. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

I dont wear the live strong band because i prefer to support my local charities that carry out the same work.

16. Briko03

Briko03 New Member

Not to offend you but do you ever wonder if your local charities are loyal and honest?

17. Dramalicious

Dramalicious New Member

That is SERIOUSLY a cool idea. Too bad I'm only 12, I can't get a tattoo for an eternity.

18. Briko03

Briko03 New Member

Does anyone want a custom signature similar to mine, with the livestrong theme? Ill make it sweet, ill make one for anyone for $3.00. The money can be sent via- paypal. I can also make many other custom signatures.

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/8589/signature2of.gif

19. howierart

howierart New Member

A cycling matew of mine gave me mine for xmas. I dont wear a watch or any form of jewellery so am looking for somewhere I can put it on my bike. Anyone got any ideas.. AS its looks a mess when you twists it round? Maybe around a water bottle or sometihng

20. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

Never, they are steadfast and true...unlike a certain Mr Armstrong.