Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

Hello everyone,

A semi-related question here.

I was always of the opinion that if a guy is to wear a watch or bracelet it was to go on the left wrist. I have not seen anyone with a Livestrong band on their left, always seems to be the right wrist.

Is there some etiquette regarding wristbands that i have missed?

Cheers

sorry couldnt look through the whole thread..

Why does everyone wear these bands..??

Seems a bit pointless to me.

33hks said:
Hello everyone,

A semi-related question here.

I was always of the opinion that if a guy is to wear a watch or bracelet it was to go on the left wrist. I have not seen anyone with a Livestrong band on their left, always seems to be the right wrist.

Is there some etiquette regarding wristbands that i have missed?

Cheers

Mine's on the left, with my watch. I'm right-handed *shrug*

I'm in the US Navy, and not allowed to wear it because it's "faddish", but I don't take it off otherwise. My dad is a cancer surviver, but I lost my stepdad to it nearly five years ago. I will wear one as long as they make them. My wife and I lost our three-day-old son two years ago to twin-to-twin transfusion syndrom (TTTS) and had baby blue ones made as a fundraiser for our charity we started in his memory.

I am still wearing mine. I have had two break so far, but that is why I bought a bunch. :)

They will break if you take them on and off. Leave them as long as possible.

As far as the different "makes" of bands, the first batch was donated to the LAF by Nike, after the success rate jumped, they turned over production to the LAF themselves, so they had to find a place that could keep up with demand.

Lance was asked when he will stop wearing his bracelet and he said "NEVER!"

When people tell me the bracelets are just a "fad," I ask them what they would do if their mother was a breast cancer survivor of 6 years or if their uncle died from cancer at 60 yrs old.

Ignorant people annoy me!

I forgot to say that I'm not allowed to wear it in uniform. My wife always tells me I leave out the important part when I'm telling her stuff. Maybe I should listen to her! :D

Got my first 10 on order. My wife is a cancer survivor and already wears a pink band. I didnt know about the bands until my oldest daughter showed up with one. I am going to place another order so I can give them to friends and family as well. FYI anything purchased through LAF 100% of profits go to cancer research anything purchased through one of Lances sponsors like nike they donate a $1 on every purchase.

duluth_rider said:
If people cannot lives trong without a little piece of plastic, that is nothing more than a marketing gimmick of Nike and Lance Armstrong Enterprises, than they should take a good hard look at themselves.

I think it is extremely silly and if LA himself passed me on a climb and handed me one I would do my best to catch him and tell him that. Or maybe he would wait at the top to hear my opinion.

Your $1 does not do anything to help cure cancer. This is nothing more than a ploy by Nike and LA to sell more gear. Get a bunch of non-thinking knuckle heads hooked on livestrong by giving them a cheap plastic bracelet for $1 and then get them to buy their expensive livestrong gear. Want a $20 T-shirt with that pair of live strong shoes?

The T-shirts and shorts are already out. Buy em now, Lemmings. Of course, none of that "REAL" money goes to cancer research. Just that little $1 bill from that piece of plastic.

40 mill in those bracelets has been raised. It isn't to find a cure, either. It is for research in finding ways to make life after cancer better. It is for research into medicines like Lance used so he wouldn't be crippled for the rest of his life after cancer. That is the meaning of Livestrong, and it is a great cause. I will proudly wear mine until it falls apart.

It's been a very long time since anyone posted in this thread. But sometimes that's where the intrigue arises. Is anyone still wearing these things, (besides me)?

Sure, a lot of us (cyclists) do. Here in Colorado you see almost everyone at the long races and rides wearing them. In Moab, for the Century Tour, everyone wears them (L.A. event and fundraiser).

:)
D
Beastt said:
It's been a very long time since anyone posted in this thread. But sometimes that's where the intrigue arises. Is anyone still wearing these things, (besides me)?

dterner1 said:
Sure, a lot of us (cyclists) do. Here in Colorado you see almost everyone at the long races and rides wearing them. In Moab, for the Century Tour, everyone wears them (L.A. event and fundraiser).

:)
D
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. I originally had four of them. I wore one, gave one to a very close friend and put the other two away. That first one only left my wrist a half dozen times or so and lasted about 2-years. Suddenly I looked down one day and it was gone. I have no idea what happened but I assume it broke and fell off.

So I put on a second one and about 2-weeks later, I suddenly noticed it was gone. So I put on my last one in fear that it might not last any longer than the second. I'm happy to report that it's still on my wrist and I have 10 more that I ordered set aside for when this one is gone.

I've had mine on since June, 2004 alone with a no-LIMB-itations bracelet I've had since Paralympic Nationals at T-Town in July, 2006. Keep up your support for the cancer community!

Beastt said:

Yup. Still have mine on, and I'm still givin' away spares.

Not long ago I started to feel like the band was wearing me instead, so about four months ago I decided to stop using it. My 8 years old daughter asked why I was doing that and I explained her and asked if she wants to wear it, she was happy to do it and until now, she keep using it every day.

I'm very happy with that.

By the way, she knows the meaning of the yellow band.

I managed to get one from eBay around six months ago and have never taken it off. My mum and some very close friends have survived cancer so I intend to keep wearing it until it rots off my wrist. I have tiny wrists though so may swap it for a Child size if I can find one.

PearlJamFan said:
I managed to get one from eBay around six months ago and have never taken it off. My mum and some very close friends have survived cancer so I intend to keep wearing it until it rots off my wrist. I have tiny wrists though so may swap it for a Child size if I can find one.
I'm sorry PJF, as you are not the only one, but as a LA appreciater (if not necessarily a fan) and a cancer survivor (so far, touch wood) I find it abhorrent that you bought from eBay (none of your money goes to charity) rather than the Lance Armstrong Foundation (you can order from their website and the money goes to charity).
I hate to ask, does yours even have LIVESTRONG stamped on it? If not, it was never a charity raiser at all.