Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Beastt, Aug 1, 2004.

1. meehs

meehs New Member

I completely agree with your opinion that modern society tends to view divorce as an easy way out. It seems like a lot of folks go into marriage with the idea that "we can always get divorced if it doesn't work-out". But that certainly doesn't apply to everyone. Anyway, we're way off topic now. I think we can agree that it's time to move on.

2. meehs

meehs New Member

That's excellent jhuskey. Definitely a keeper! My wife has no interest in football but she did ride RAGRAI with me last summer. She rides a Surly Long Haul Trucker. I don't know if she'll ever do that ride with me agian but she does continue to ride with me.

3. TrekDedicated

TrekDedicated New Member

Still wearin' it baby and have back-ups.

4. Beastt

Beastt New Member

Probably a bit late but this still needs to be said. If you want to talk about whether or not Lance was doping, great! There are a number of threads on the forum dedicated to such discussion. Enjoy yourself.

But this thread is about the yellow LiveStrong wristband. You're free to hate that too or think it's stupid and if that's your opinion, it's welcome here. You'll likely receive some well-supported refutation from myself as well as several others, but it's still your opinion and you can express it.

As for your proclaimed "proof", learn a bit about science and you find out that proof isn't something science ever proclaims. As for your doping allegations, take them to an appropriate thread.

Thanks.

5. bigpedaler

bigpedaler New Member

been wearing mine for 3 1/2 years now, got a spare for if/when this one dies. gave away 8, just got some youth-size so my daughter can have one, too. so far, i'm still the only one in the family who doesn't take it off.

my mother died of cancer 4 years ago, grandma 30+ ago; i'll show support for something i may well need before i ride off into that final sunset....

unprofessional, i read somewhere on this thread -- horsesh**! unprofessional to take a stand for something? i get nothing but respect for wearing mine.

6. bigpedaler

bigpedaler New Member

7. Flyer's.Finale!

Flyer's.Finale! New Member

Fraud disclosures belong on all threads mentioning Lance or Nike. Nike makes the Yellow Live Wrong bracelets and sells $300 1011 running shoes. That is why Lance runs in the NYM, as he is contractually obligated to do so.

Beware of all Nike drug cheats
    Lance Pharmstong, his teammates Landis, Heras, Hamilton, Joachim, Andreu, Swartz, Ferrari, Padrnos, Beltran, et al...
    Marion Jones
    Tim Montgomery
    CJ Hunter
    Justin Gatlin
    Regina Jacobs
    Michelle Collins
    Kelli White
    Tori Edwards
    LaTasha Jenkins
    Jason Giambi
    Barry Bonds

The Yellow Bracelets are also a metaphor for commercial institutional sporting fraud and Chemo therapy drug protocol sales.

Live Wrong! Lance, Barry and Marion all do.
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51324

8. Ganfas

Ganfas New Member

I've been wearing one for 2 years but today, the I "hole" created in the I letter colapsed :(, but fortunatly i've 3 wrist band in backup (now only 2). This only leave my arm, in very rare ocasions

9. QCTony

QCTony New Member

My father was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks before my first RAGBRAI in 2003. I was going to cancel my ride. But my father told me to go. He said life must go on and that I he would be OK. At the RAGBRAI Expo there was a LAF booth. I got a couple of the bands. I've worn one ever since for my father, who passed away in 2004. I have bought bags of them through LAF. I hand them out from time to time. You will find a story behind every band you see. Unfortunately most are sad and honor a loved one. I also wear an orange band to honor a fellow endurance cyclist from my state, Dr Bob Breedlove.

10. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I believe you may have hit upon the answer, and that is, you can't not quantify what something such as the wristband is in a generalized blanket statement.
    Each individual wristband has it's own story and must be regarded as part of the scheme of things.
    To say that anything is all good or all bad is to be partially mistaken.
    Sometimes the individual parts may be greater than the whole.

11. Flyer's.Finale!

Very True---perhaps the Nazi experiments on Holocaust prisoners saved German lives?

Maybe animal research--the blood doping (synthetic hemaglobin) of trusting Beagles helped Lance win a TDF?

Once you adopt an 'end justifies the means attitude' lots of cheating, lying torture may be considered acceptable.

If cheating is wrong, and ethics matter, then the Yellow Bracelet is based upon a fraud. (doping to win a bike race then sell Nike products)

12. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Ah.....you're the one guy in the world that has actual proof that LA doped. Man, everyone's been looking for you. God, why didn't you show your face sooner? Eh? What? You're just here to spray and show what a blowhard you are?

I'm sure there are tens of thousands of cancer survivors and people undergoing cancer treatment that would gladly tell you to stuff it, that you know dick about you're talking about.

See, you're the sort that thinks because you read it in a book or in a magazine, read on an online forum, or heard someone talking about what their brother-in-law was told by this guy's sister who was told by her best friend's gastroenterologist........and couple all that with your apparently handicapped critical thinking skills.....and you end up with someone who just makes a lot of noise.

Obviously, you know dick about cancer or what LAF has done for cancer research and treatment. Obviously, you have no inside track to facts on LA's career, therefore you know nothing but the conjecture that's already out there.

Now, before you hurt yourself, you should put the helmet back on and get back on the bus, because if you don't, they won't give you a special treat before lights-out.

13. Flyer's.Finale!

I know many Oncology patients who would think you're cracked.

Go sell you fraudulent Nike miracles down the street. LIVE WRONG! http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51324

Obviously you do not anything about Cancer, Cancer as a business enterprise, death, suffering, fraud, deception and commercial lying.

Denial and dreaming----you know. Free Tyler, Free Floyd, Free Roberto, Free Benoit, Free Frankie, Free Stephen, Free Michele Ferrari!

Nike drug cheats for you to worship:
    Marion Jones
    Lance Armstrong
    Barry Bonds
    Jason Giambi
    Tim Montgomery
    Justin Gatlin
    CJ Hunter
    Regina Jacobs
    Kelli White
    Tori Edwards
    Michelle Collins
    LaTasha Jenkins

14. alienator

Well, since you're not but a troll, you really don't deserve much effort, but I'll try once in the hopes that you actually employ critical thought on occasion.

FWIW, my wife survived cancer; my cousin died of cancer; and my best friend has an incurable sort that is slowly taking its toll. And through my years in medicine, I cared for more than a few oncology patients.

A link to an Onion article is proof of something?

And your list of names? What of that? Are you so simple that you think that something in that list tells you something about LAF or even Armstrong? You write as if you're one of those evangelists that preach their xenophobic and perverted views of religion on college campuses: you don't hear anything that anyone else says. You can't because your deafened by the voices in your head. You're blinded by your own holier than thou vision. A quick persual of your posts to this forum--on whatever threads--shows that the only real skill you display is the ability to spew invective. You don't display any desire or any ability to actually hear other opinions, to evaluate objectively other ideas, or to even communicate with a diverse group of people.

So why do you come here? I mean give us a clue: tell us what goes on inside the mind of a troll.

15. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

So everyone that wears a wrist band is a doper?
    Interesting! I suppose since I enjoy breathing I am an advocate for air pollution.
    Blanket statements are easy. Life and living are not always so easy.

16. Flyer's.Finale!

You wear your Cancer relations like a Live Wrong badge. As if that badge exempts you from THINKING instead of BELIEVING in Nike miracles.

I have more Cancer illnesses, Onchology doping, linear radiation (Oxymoron), surgery, death and dying in my family.

Who made you a Bristol Meyers-Squib & Amgen salesman?

Did AraNesp realy save anyone in your family? Did chemotherapy? Did blood letting?

Just because Lucky Lance Pharmstrong markets for the #2 MedicCare billing code in the USA (Cancer) (Vascular disease is still #1) DOES not mean he did not LIE, CHEAT, and LUCK into his marketing position in the USA.

Who claims chemo saves lives? How many more patients have been killed by chemo? Why should we believe our Ongologist--who broker deal in chemo drugs w/o adequate disclosure? Did you even know that? Big Pharma sells the chemo directly to the Doc, then your Doc pitches you on which chemo is best. (it is always their chemo) A very deceptive sales practice.

Cancer is a business. No cure is in sight. No cure will ever be discovered by Amgen, Genetech, Bristol Meyers, merck, Pfizer, Bayer, Roche, Upjohn, Smith-Kline-Glaxo, etc...

Reimburseable TREATMENT is what Cancer is about. Expensive treatments.

Same with heart disease and diabetes. All preventable---but drugs, stents, and pensets and insulin reorders are so much more profitable.

Open your eyes alien. The Earth is a commercial wonderland. Lance mocks you. Live Wrong! http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51324

17. Flyer's.Finale!

Your words not mine.

Maybe you are only 20% correct--as in T-Mobile drug cheating.

Yellow Wrist bands were conceived and funded by Nike to sell $300 running shoes and windbreakers. That is a fact.

The Cancer idea was the oldest marketing trick in the book---endorse drug cheat athletes who WIN---then market your brand. SWOOSH.

Cancer expanded that market to the #2 profit center in US doping sales.

18. alienator

What a conspiracy freak little flyer is. He's been indoctrinated to some made up, self-consistent little world in which he feels like only the chosen few--he and the other loonies in his survivalist troop--know the real scoop. Ha. It's no wonder that so much the world laughs at people like him.

First loonie clue: he can never logically resolve his arguments.
    Second loonie clue: he rants and rants but never delivers an iota of proof of his paranoid visions.
    Third loonie clue: everything he says sounds like a sound bite from the Art Bell show.....oooooooooooo.
    Fourth loonie clue: he never actually listens to what anyone who contradicts him or who offers differing viewpoints says.
    Fifth loonie clue: only he knows the truth. He can't say where he got it. And he can't rationally prove his truth. But gosh darn it, he knows it's true.

I wear my cancer relations like a Live Wrong badge? How exactly is that? If I wore it like badge it such thing would preface everything I say. Nah, I'd say you're the one with the badge....or maybe you see it as some rebel flag that you wave....or maybe you envision yourself to be one of the hardy souls that populate some fifth column that is going to save society.

Alas, you wear your paranoia like a junkie wears weeping, herpetic sores, like a leper wears his lesions, like a scared little boy wears the fear that someone will find out he's a bed wetter.

Don't worry Little Flyer: there are other's like you with dibilitating mental illness, and there are places where you can go to be treated so that no further harm comes to you. And in those places there are patients...er....friends with whom you can share your delusions of persecution, your paranoid visions. Don't worry. The rest of us, out here in society will take pity on you and be sure that someone is always there to care for you, to wipe the spittle from your chin, and to change your soiled sheets.

Rest easy, little one.

19. meehs

meehs New Member

Ah, yes! But let us not forget that for all of your harsh words, Lance Armstrong is not to be blamed. No my friend. He and all other dopers are not to be blamed. They are in fact helpless, and are only succumbing to the irresistable and overwhelming pressure of the system. No... Lance and all other dopers are innocent. Lance did not dope by choice. Armstrong and all of the other "dopers" are unfortunate victims of a sporting system gone awry (your words not mine). Strike-up the violins! Let us all take pity. :rolleyes:

20. meehs

meehs New Member

Sixth, (and most disturbing) "loonie" clue: Every post by FF, regardless of the original topic of the thread (which often has nothing to do with doping mind you) every single one for God's sake! is an obsessive, ranting, anti-doping diatribe. ;)