Wearing the LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band?

meehs said:
Yep! 170 votes from folks that either are or would like to be wearing one vs. 28 votes from people that aren't and/or wouldn't wear one. It's close!!!
Up to 13 now. Non-conformist bastards!!!

I've ordered a bag of 10 kids size bands for the goodie bags at my son's birthday party in the begining of Oct.:)

davidmc said:
Up to 13 now. Non-conformist bastards!!!

Naw, non-conformists are cool. That is, they can be depending on the situation. But I hate to see people jump in and do things just because others are doing them. I kind of like the idea that some people are thinking independently enough to decide against conforming, even if I disagree with the outcome of that thought process in this particular situation.

I was tempted to take mine off after watching the display following the 100m run. That was just embarrassing.

Beastt said:
Naw, non-conformists are cool. That is, they can be depending on the situation. But I hate to see people jump in and do things just because others are doing them. I kind of like the idea that some people are thinking independently enough to decide against conforming, even if I disagree with the outcome of that thought process in this particular situation.

I was tempted to take mine off after watching the display following the 100m run. That was just embarrassing.

I agree with everything you said here. I assume you're talking about the little "celebration" between the two Americans during the qualifying round? When I watched it, I turned to my wife and said "that right there is one of the reasons people from other countries tend to dislike Americans". That was pathetic!

Anyway, I just wanted to add that not conforming just becuase it's cool to be a non-conformist is even lamer than following your heart and doing what you want to do. That's something that's often overlooked. JMO.

meehs said:
I agree with everything you said here. I assume you're talking about the little "celebration" between the two Americans during the qualifying round? When I watched it, I turned to my wife and said "that right there is one of the reasons people from other countries tend to dislike Americans". That was pathetic!
I agree, but that celebration **** has been in the making for last 20 years...You even see that garbage in little league. It starts with the Parents and the COACHES that allow that **** at an early age...ugh!

meehs said:

(...snip)

Actually I was referring to the little show that Gatlin put on when he won. The dancing, gesticulating and climbing the front of the bleachers. Can you imagine if Armstrong behaved that way after winning a stage or even in Paris?

Beastt said:
Actually I was referring to the little show that Gatlin put on when he won. The dancing, gesticulating and climbing the front of the bleachers. Can you imagine if Armstrong behaved that way after winning a stage or even in Paris?
Yeah, and they say armstrong is the one doping....I would say that unusual behavior like that is drug induced... :rolleyes:

Beastt said:

Oh yeah, I saw that one too. I actually thought the celebration between Gatlin and the guy that he trains with (I forgot his name) in the qualifying round was even worse! I was surprised that Gatlin was celebrating the way he was after winning the gold becuase I thought for sure someone would've told him to tone it down after the first "celebration"!

I can't even imagine what the reaction would be if Armstrong put on a display like that in Paris... :eek:

For sure! I bought 10 bands from www.wearyellow.com back in May. I gave 9 of them away and I've yet to take mine off. It's such a simple thing, who knew it would make such a huge impact?!
LiveStrong!

BanditBoyDavid said:
Ever since I got my yellow band I see them every where. I don't know if I've just started noticing or if they're becoming more popular. I hope people aren't just using them as a fashion statement. I hope they know why they were it. I know I do.

We (the family) got our is June and they have not come off since. Except for work related breakage and or giving them to "Make A Wish Kids". I dont think it matters who wears them or if they know what it means, the funds generated by the sales still go to the research for a cure. If the mainstream want a band for fashion then thats all the more money for those who are or have suffered. Me and mine know the true meaning and purpose and I have definitely used mine as a self motivator.

meehs said:
Oh yeah, I saw that one too. I actually thought the celebration between Gatlin and the guy that he trains with (I forgot his name) in the qualifying round was even worse! I was surprised that Gatlin was celebrating the way he was after winning the gold becuase I thought for sure someone would've told him to tone it down after the first "celebration"!

I can't even imagine what the reaction would be if Armstrong put on a display like that in Paris... :eek:
I thought it was a gross display of "showboating", just like the endzone antics after a touchdown, it makes me want to puke. It's not sportsman like. ;)

davidmc said:
I thought it was a gross display of "showboating", just like the endzone antics after a touchdown, it makes me want to puke. It's not sportsman like. ;)

Such antics bother me far less at a football game or other similar event since it seems to be more the accepted standard for such activities. However, the olympics is supposed to be a cut above and a place where countries can meet on an athletic arena to compete and to present themselves in the way they would wish to represent their country. Maybe I've just fallen too far into the pit of conformity but I felt it was a poor display for the U.S. Then again, considering recent world events, maybe it was more fitting than I care to admit.

Ahhh... some of the people who are wearing these wristbands are making me mad... other people ask what they are for and some people reply, "Lance Armstrong"!! Dude, the race is over! You can't support Lance until the next race. Why does no one know it's for cancer??

Beastt what part of AZ do you live in?

JTEK said:
Ahhh... some of the people who are wearing these wristbands are making me mad... other people ask what they are for and some people reply, "Lance Armstrong"!! Dude, the race is over! You can't support Lance until the next race. Why does no one know it's for cancer??
The fact that they have one is all that should matter. Either they paid for it or someone else did and the proceeds went to help fight cancer.

Everytime I see one it makes me smile a little and reminds me just how lucky I am to be here.

Shan

I ordered 10 from WearYellow.com before the Tour, but I have big wrists and they bands are very tight, not comfortable. So I've never worn any of them, but the money went to a good cause.

Stickboy said:
The fact that they have one is all that should matter. Either they paid for it or someone else did and the proceeds went to help fight cancer.

Everytime I see one it makes me smile a little and reminds me just how lucky I am to be here.

Shan
But still, if everyone knew it stood for cancer, other people might want one too then, instead of saying 'Lance Armstrong' people would think, that guy is rich enough, I'm not givin him any of my money. I'm just thinking they might sell more if everyone knew what they were for.

keydates said:
How come some (or all new) of these polls allow other users to see how they voted?

It's an option at the time the poll/thread is created. I simply felt if people wanted to voice an opinion, they shouldn't have a problem with backing their voice. So I chose to make it visible.

:)