Weather forcast for P-R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
>
> What's the scoop? Anyone know? TIA, -B

i'm clueless, but e.d. recently posted- "Damn weather; sunny, 20degC."

from http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr13news

Weather report: sunny and dry For the last two years, cycling fans have been lucky in Paris-Roubaix,
with rain and mud adding a whole new dimension to the toughest classic of them all. This year in all
probability, the elements will be kind, as dry and sunny conditions are predicted for Sunday, with a
southeasterly wind blowing across the riders' backs. In the morning in Compiegne, it will be between
6 and 8 degrees for the start, reaching a pleasant maximum of between 13 and 16 by the time the
riders reach the Roubaix velodrome in the late afternoon.

heather halvorson wrote:
>
> Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
>
>>What's the scoop? Anyone know? TIA, -B
>
>
> i'm clueless, but e.d. recently posted- "Damn weather; sunny, 20degC."

In article <[email protected]>, oldphart <[email protected]> wrote:

> from http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr13news
>
> Weather report: sunny and dry For the last two years, cycling fans have been lucky in
> Paris-Roubaix, with rain and mud adding a whole new dimension to the toughest classic of them all.
> This year in all probability, the elements will be kind, as dry and sunny conditions are predicted
> for Sunday, with a southeasterly wind blowing across the riders' backs. In the morning in
> Compiegne, it will be between 6 and 8 degrees for the start, reaching a pleasant maximum of
> between 13 and 16 by the time the riders reach the Roubaix velodrome in the late afternoon.
>
>
Sunny and dry means dusty! Ewwww. If I were doing roubaix, I'd rather have rain any day. I realized
that on a ride today. It was pretty windy at times and there's all this dust and **** left over from
the winter, blowing around. Pttoooeey. We need a few rainy days to get rid of that and any remaining
snow patches. Give me rain and mud any day!

At roubaix, rainy conditions seem to favor belgians.

Status
Not open for further replies.