Weather forcast for P-R?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Boyd Speerschne, Apr 12, 2003.

  1. What's the scoop? Anyone know? TIA, -B

    Tags:

  2. Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

    > What's the scoop? Anyone know? TIA, -B

    i'm clueless, but e.d. recently posted- "Damn weather; sunny, 20degC."

  3. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    from http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr13news

    Weather report: sunny and dry For the last two years, cycling fans have been lucky in Paris-Roubaix,
    with rain and mud adding a whole new dimension to the toughest classic of them all. This year in all
    probability, the elements will be kind, as dry and sunny conditions are predicted for Sunday, with a
    southeasterly wind blowing across the riders' backs. In the morning in Compiegne, it will be between
    6 and 8 degrees for the start, reaching a pleasant maximum of between 13 and 16 by the time the
    riders reach the Roubaix velodrome in the late afternoon.

  4. In article <[email protected]>, oldphart <[email protected]> wrote:

    > from http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/apr03/apr13news
    >
    > Weather report: sunny and dry For the last two years, cycling fans have been lucky in
    > Paris-Roubaix, with rain and mud adding a whole new dimension to the toughest classic of them all.
    > This year in all probability, the elements will be kind, as dry and sunny conditions are predicted
    > for Sunday, with a southeasterly wind blowing across the riders' backs. In the morning in
    > Compiegne, it will be between 6 and 8 degrees for the start, reaching a pleasant maximum of
    > between 13 and 16 by the time the riders reach the Roubaix velodrome in the late afternoon.

    Sunny and dry means dusty! Ewwww. If I were doing roubaix, I'd rather have rain any day. I realized
    that on a ride today. It was pretty windy at times and there's all this dust and crap left over from
    the winter, blowing around. Pttoooeey. We need a few rainy days to get rid of that and any remaining
    snow patches. Give me rain and mud any day!

    At roubaix, rainy conditions seem to favor belgians.