Weather in todays Independent

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Woodall, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Tim Woodall

    Tim Woodall Guest

    If anybody has a copy of todays Independent you might like to look at
    the weather page.

    24C in Newcastle, 30C in London. Lighting up time 21:30 ish :)

    Tim.

    and there was light.

  2. Richard Webb

    Richard Webb Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:36:19 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If anybody has a copy of todays Independent you might like to look at
    >the weather page.
    >
    >24C in Newcastle, 30C in London. Lighting up time 21:30 ish :)

    See global warming is real... They just would not listen.

    Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
    hint of snow to come.

    Richard Webb

  3. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:

    >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
    >hint of snow to come.

    When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    snow at the moment.

    Roos

  4. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Roos Eisma wrote:
    > [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
    >
    > >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
    > >hint of snow to come.

    > When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    > sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    > snow at the moment.

    Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
    the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
    miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

    ...d

  5. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Roos Eisma wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
    >>
    >> >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
    >> >hint of snow to come.

    >> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    >> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    >> snow at the moment.

    > Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
    > the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
    > miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

    I prefer your posts to Roos'. Before I read her post, it was blue skies and
    sunny. When I read hers, it was lashing with rain. Now it's blue skies and
    sunny again.
    (ok, there may be some wind about too...)

    cheers,
    clive

  6. Roos Eisma

    Roos Eisma Guest

    "David Martin" <[email protected]> writes:

    >Roos Eisma wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
    >>
    >> >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
    >> >hint of snow to come.

    >> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    >> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    >> snow at the moment.

    >Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
    >the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
    >miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

    Must have been a gust that got separated from the main group - now we're
    back to blue. Though it rather depends on what window you look through :)

    And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
    was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
    of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
    sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
    shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
    elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
    head as usual.

    Roos

  7. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Roos Eisma wrote:

    >>> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    >>> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    >>> snow at the moment.

    >> Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
    >> the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
    >> miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

    > I prefer your posts to Roos'. Before I read her post, it was blue skies
    > and sunny. When I read hers, it was lashing with rain. Now it's blue skies
    > and sunny again.
    > (ok, there may be some wind about too...)

    It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at the same
    time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

  8. elyob <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at
    > the same time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

    Grrrr! It seems to have passed over SE1 by now, actually, heading for
    Planet Croydon with the bit clasped firmly between its teeth. Though when
    it was at its most evil-looking, huess what some muppet did?

    Yes, that's right.

    Opened the window to get a better view.

    I have not the words.

    The System is well pleased with this Unit's performance, which falls
    within expected parameters.

  9. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Roos Eisma wrote:
    > "David Martin" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > >Roos Eisma wrote:

    > >> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
    > >> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
    > >> snow at the moment.

    > >Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
    > >the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
    > >miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

    > Must have been a gust that got separated from the main group - now we're
    > back to blue. Though it rather depends on what window you look through :)
    >
    > And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
    > was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
    > of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
    > sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
    > shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
    > elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
    > head as usual.

    We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
    blue sky.
    It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
    efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
    tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
    tonight.

    ...d

  10. elyob wrote:

    > It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at the same
    > time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

    Had a short burst here in Farnborough but it has stopped now. What
    chance of getting back to Walton on Thames without being soaked?

    --chris

  11. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    David Martin wrote:
    > We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
    > blue sky.
    > It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
    > efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
    > tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
    > tonight.

    It was windy and chill last night. This morning a light dusting of
    snow, and by the time I got into the lab it had started snowing and is
    now coming down fairly heavily.

    Might go home at 3 and get the sledges out for the kids.

    ...d

  12. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > David Martin wrote:
    >> We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
    >> blue sky.
    >> It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
    >> efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
    >> tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
    >> tonight.

    > It was windy and chill last night. This morning a light dusting of
    > snow, and by the time I got into the lab it had started snowing and is
    > now coming down fairly heavily.
    >
    > Might go home at 3 and get the sledges out for the kids.

    Have been told by a mate in Exeter that he failed to get to work in Yeovil
    this morning.

    cheers,
    clive

  13. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Roos Eisma wrote:
    > And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
    > was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
    > of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
    > sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
    > shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
    > elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
    > head as usual.

    Glad to hear you didn't damage anything that won't heal - it would have
    been dreadful to have torn your clothes ;-)

    I failed to hit my head this morning, too. My ride along the snowy
    cyclepath was completely uneventful, apart from spinning the back wheel
    while crossing the railway at Bitton. After leaving the path, though, I
    was riding down a country lane that had had just enough motor traffic
    along it to compact the snow into ice.

    My AirZound (which took the full force of the impact) is probably beyond
    repair :-(

    --
    Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
    <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>