Weather in todays Independent

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:36:19 +0000 (UTC), Tim Woodall
<[email protected]> wrote:

>If anybody has a copy of todays Independent you might like to look at
>the weather page.
>
>24C in Newcastle, 30C in London. Lighting up time 21:30 ish :)

See global warming is real... They just would not listen.

Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
hint of snow to come.

Richard Webb

[email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:

>Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
>hint of snow to come.

When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
snow at the moment.

Roos

Roos Eisma wrote:
> [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
>
> >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
> >hint of snow to come.

> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
> snow at the moment.

Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Roos Eisma wrote:
>> [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
>>
>> >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
>> >hint of snow to come.

>> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
>> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
>> snow at the moment.

> Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
> the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
> miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

I prefer your posts to Roos'. Before I read her post, it was blue skies and
sunny. When I read hers, it was lashing with rain. Now it's blue skies and
sunny again.
(ok, there may be some wind about too...)

cheers,
clive

"David Martin" <[email protected]> writes:

>Roos Eisma wrote:
>> [email protected] (Richard Webb) writes:
>>
>> >Sadly 100 miles up the road, its cold, dark, cloudy and windy with a
>> >hint of snow to come.

>> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
>> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
>> snow at the moment.

>Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
>the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
>miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

Must have been a gust that got separated from the main group - now we're
back to blue. Though it rather depends on what window you look through :)

And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
head as usual.

Roos

"Clive George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Roos Eisma wrote:

>>> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
>>> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
>>> snow at the moment.

>> Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
>> the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
>> miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

> I prefer your posts to Roos'. Before I read her post, it was blue skies
> and sunny. When I read hers, it was lashing with rain. Now it's blue skies
> and sunny again.
> (ok, there may be some wind about too...)

It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at the same
time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

elyob <[email protected]> wrote:

> It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at
> the same time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

Grrrr! It seems to have passed over SE1 by now, actually, heading for
Planet Croydon with the bit clasped firmly between its teeth. Though when
it was at its most evil-looking, huess what some muppet did?

Yes, that's right.

Opened the window to get a better view.

I have not the words.

The System is well pleased with this Unit's performance, which falls
within expected parameters.

Roos Eisma wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >Roos Eisma wrote:

> >> When I read this 10 min ago the weather here was cold, sunny, clear blue
> >> sky, tad windy. Then 1 min ago the blizzard struck... gusts of wet
> >> snow at the moment.

> >Still waiting here.. clear blue skies at the mo but the wind is from
> >the North. Have to call my wife to see if it is snowing there yet (2
> >miles up the road but the other side of the hills)

> Must have been a gust that got separated from the main group - now we're
> back to blue. Though it rather depends on what window you look through :)
>
> And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
> was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
> of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
> sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
> shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
> elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
> head as usual.

We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
blue sky.
It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
tonight.

...d

elyob wrote:

> It's just turned up in South London. The wind and rain turned up at the same
> time, the rain is horizontal. Nice. Glad I'm home already.

Had a short burst here in Farnborough but it has stopped now. What
chance of getting back to Walton on Thames without being soaked?

--chris

David Martin wrote:
> We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
> blue sky.
> It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
> efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
> tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
> tonight.

It was windy and chill last night. This morning a light dusting of
snow, and by the time I got into the lab it had started snowing and is
now coming down fairly heavily.

Might go home at 3 and get the sledges out for the kids.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> David Martin wrote:
>> We had a flurry about an hour or so ago.. very light, could still see
>> blue sky.
>> It's starting to get dark now as the sun sets and there os only th
>> efaintest hint of cloud on the horizon. Don't need to fit the winter
>> tyres yet, and should be fine for the coast path to Broughty Ferry
>> tonight.

> It was windy and chill last night. This morning a light dusting of
> snow, and by the time I got into the lab it had started snowing and is
> now coming down fairly heavily.
>
> Might go home at 3 and get the sledges out for the kids.

Have been told by a mate in Exeter that he failed to get to work in Yeovil
this morning.

cheers,
clive

Roos Eisma wrote:
> And to keep this bike related: had my first wintry slip on Tuesday. Ground
> was frosty in the morning to I took care, no problems. Came back a couple
> of hours later, things had warmed up, roads cleaner, slowly going up a
> sharp uphill corner with adverse camber without noticing it was in the
> shade and there I went sideways. Lost some skin on a knee and an
> elbow (without making a hole in my trouser or coat :), and didn't hit my
> head as usual.

Glad to hear you didn't damage anything that won't heal - it would have
been dreadful to have torn your clothes ;-)

I failed to hit my head this morning, too. My ride along the snowy
cyclepath was completely uneventful, apart from spinning the back wheel
while crossing the railway at Bitton. After leaving the path, though, I
was riding down a country lane that had had just enough motor traffic
along it to compact the snow into ice.

My AirZound (which took the full force of the impact) is probably beyond
repair :-(

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
<URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>