weather tomorrow?

Oscar Mannheim

Guest
anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:05:13 GMT, "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote:

>anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?

Rain on the last climb, though not as cold as LA might hope for.

Gerrit

Gerrit Stolte wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:05:13 GMT, "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?
> >

> Rain on the last climb, though not as cold as LA might hope for.
>
> Gerrit

That will make for a sketchy descent.

"David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Gerrit Stolte wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:05:13 GMT, "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?
> > >

> > Rain on the last climb, though not as cold as LA might hope for.
> >
> > Gerrit
>
> That will make for a sketchy descent.

Bad weather is said by everyone (Lance, Jan and "experts") to favor Lance.

Jan's worst day in the Tour was a stormy day in the 1998 Tour when Pantani tore him a new one.

David Ryan <[email protected]> wrote in news:3F19704C.16951671 @hotmail.com:

> Gerrit Stolte wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:05:13 GMT, "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?
>> >

>> Rain on the last climb, though not as cold as LA might hope for.
>>
>> Gerrit
>
> That will make for a sketchy descent.

The drama builds:

a- If Lance and Jan go over the top together, does Lance drop Jan on the descent

b- Does Jan miss a corner and topple into a ravine like he did 2 (or was it 3) years ago? If so,
does Lance wait?

c- Does Lance do more cyclocross for shortcuts?

d- Does it get to cold temps that Lance likes near the top of the climb and he zooms away?

e- What other surprises await?

NS

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:36:32 GMT, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Jan's worst day in the Tour was a stormy day in the 1998 Tour when Pantani tore him a new one.

But that was the young Ullrich. The one who realy needed a 'coach' like Riss beside him. He made a
lot of tactical errors in that Tour.

That 's the main progress he made, he has become more mature.

Groet, Arne Vogel

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:55:05 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote:

>David Ryan <[email protected]> wrote in news:3F19704C.16951671 @hotmail.com:
>
>> Gerrit Stolte wrote:

>>> Rain on the last climb, though not as cold as LA might hope for.
>>>
>>> Gerrit
>>
>> That will make for a sketchy descent.
>

>The drama builds:
>
>a- If Lance and Jan go over the top together, does Lance drop Jan on the descent
>
>b- Does Jan miss a corner and topple into a ravine like he did 2 (or was it 3) years ago? If so,
>does Lance wait?
>
>c- Does Lance do more cyclocross for shortcuts?
>
>d- Does it get to cold temps that Lance likes near the top of the climb and he zooms away?
>
>e- What other surprises await?

f - For you probably that Lance isn't strong enough this year to zoom away from Ullrich.

Gerrit Stolte wrote:

> >e- What other surprises await?
>
> f - For you probably that Lance isn't strong enough this year to zoom away from Ullrich.

You must mean "again".

"Bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 16:36:32 GMT, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Jan's worst day in the Tour was a stormy day in the 1998 Tour when
Pantani
> >tore him a new one.
>
> But that was the young Ullrich. The one who realy needed a 'coach' like Riss beside him. He made a
> lot of tactical errors in that Tour.
>
> That 's the main progress he made, he has become more mature.

In what way?

It was only last year that he drove over some bicycles while driving drunk and tested positive
for ecstacy.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

> It was only last year that he drove over some bicycles while driving drunk and tested positive for
> ecstacy.

I'm not a huge Ullrich fan, but I just wanted to point out that a year is not an insignifigant
amount of time.

Just ask Indurain ;-)

- Boyd S.

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:52:34 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>> But that was the young Ullrich. The one who realy needed a 'coach' like Riss beside him. He made
>> a lot of tactical errors in that Tour.
>>
>> That 's the main progress he made, he has become more mature.
>

>In what way?

In his capacities and tactical skills of winning the Tour. What else?

Improving by ..... let's remember some tactical errors he made in his first years in the Tour;

missing a turn, stopping at the wrong site of the road while having a flat tire, forgetting to eat
in bad wheater, panicing while being atacked by a concurent.

>It was only last year that he drove over some bicycles while driving drunk and tested positive
>for ecstacy.

That's true. And only a half year ago Lance divorced. Is that important? We're talking about cycling
here, aren't we?

Groet, Arne Vogel

"Bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:52:34 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> >> But that was the young Ullrich. The one who realy needed a 'coach' like Riss beside him. He
> >> made a lot of tactical errors in that Tour.
> >>
> >> That 's the main progress he made, he has become more mature.
> >

> >In what way?
>
> In his capacities and tactical skills of winning the Tour. What else?
>
> Improving by ..... let's remember some tactical errors he made in his first years in the Tour;
>
> missing a turn, stopping at the wrong site of the road while having a flat tire, forgetting to eat
> in bad wheater, panicing while being atacked by a concurent.
>
> >It was only last year that he drove over some bicycles while driving
drunk
> >and tested positive for ecstacy.
>
> That's true. And only a half year ago Lance divorced. Is that important? We're talking about
> cycling here, aren't we?

I don't think that Lance is divorced, just seperated for a while.

Dashii

Oscar Mannheim wrote:
> anyone knows of a site that shows the weather in Pyrenees tomorrow?

Jour Plutôt ensoleillé Max: 32°C Vent: De l'ouest sud-ouest à 6 km/h Probab. de précip: 10 %
Humidité moyenne: 57 %

"David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> That will make for a sketchy descent.
Apart from the bend at the Germ turnoff it's not a difficult descent to Loudenvielle. Bonne rout
Dan Gregory