Weather was good....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Piddy, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Piddy

    Piddy Guest

    .... I rode.

    Hope this helps!

    piddy

    Tags:

  2. piddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > .... I rode.
    >
    > Hope this helps!

    Hi Piddy!

    Did you read that Margaret Wise Brown book, "Home for a Bunny" when you were a kid? I remember it so
    well: "'Spring, spring, spring' sang the robin. 'Spring, spring, spring' sang the frog. It was
    Spring." [Go here to find the book yourself: http://tinyurl.com/85lp]

    Spring is here, too, and this is how I know it's true:

    o Don't need the thermal underwear any more.

    o One day I rode in my short sleeves. Still wearing tights though -- when those get shed,
    it's summer!

    o I've moved to the lighter long-finger gloves. When they finally get put away, and all I wear is
    the fingerless, it's summer!

    o Don't need the lights! I can arrive at work at 8:00 AM without them!

    o I just started up "training rides" for this summer's cycling events.

    Unlike last year, when I did lots of 30-50 mile rides on the weekends through fall and winter,
    this year I didn't. While my kids and husband I'm sure appreciate seeing me more, and no doubt I'm
    a better human being for it, oy oy oy! When I did my first training ride on Sunday, I was
    thoroughly dusted by all the other riders on the hills. I've now made a vow to change my commute
    so I go up this big monster hill so I get the hill work I've been skipping out on these last few
    wet cold months.

    Go spring!

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky "Down the road and down the road he went. He was going to find a home of his own; a
    home for a bunny, a home of his own, under a rock, under a stone, under a log, or under the ground.
    Where would a bunny find a home?"

  3. Mrturniphead

    Mrturniphead Guest

    Claire Petersky wrote:

    Hi Claire Pete,

    Look see the sites The endless summer nights The games they all play from the morning

    See you not there, but elseware I'll see you

    piddy -- taking the road that will see us through

  4. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    > piddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > .... I rode.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Hi Piddy!
    >
    > Did you read that Margaret Wise Brown book, "Home for a
    Bunny" when
    > you were a kid? I remember it so well: "'Spring, spring,
    spring' sang
    > the robin. 'Spring, spring, spring' sang the frog. It was
    Spring." [Go
    > here to find the book yourself: http://tinyurl.com/85lp]
    >
    > Spring is here, too, and this is how I know it's true:
    >
    > o Don't need the thermal underwear any more.
    >
    > o One day I rode in my short sleeves. Still wearing
    tights though --
    > when those get shed, it's summer!
    >
    > o I've moved to the lighter long-finger gloves. When they
    finally get
    > put away, and all I wear is the fingerless, it's summer!
    >
    > o Don't need the lights! I can arrive at work at 8:00 AM
    without
    > them!
    >
    > o I just started up "training rides" for this summer's
    cycling
    > events.
    >
    > Unlike last year, when I did lots of 30-50 mile rides on
    the weekends
    > through fall and winter, this year I didn't. While my kids
    and husband
    > I'm sure appreciate seeing me more, and no doubt I'm a
    better human
    > being for it, oy oy oy! When I did my first training ride
    on Sunday, I
    > was thoroughly dusted by all the other riders on the
    hills. I've now
    > made a vow to change my commute so I go up this big
    monster hill so I
    > get the hill work I've been skipping out on these last few
    wet cold
    > months.

    Went for a good 3 hour MTB ride today, all over Brush Mountain near Blacksburg. Temps around 70,
    probably for the rest of the week too. I even called home for a ride so I could stay out in the
    woods later, rather than spend time riding home. Can't wait to go again tomorrow!

    Matt O.