Weather

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, May 23, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    The Met Office have emphatically denied any relationship between the current downpour and the fact
    that certain cyclists in Reading had just got three bikes out of the shed and the first one in bits
    on the workstand.

    In related news, it is expected to piss with rain solidly for the next week in Normandy, although no
    rain is expected between Reading and Henley.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    > The Met Office have emphatically denied any relationship between the current downpour and the fact
    > that certain cyclists in Reading had just got three bikes out of the shed and the first one in
    > bits on the workstand.

    I have recently moved house. The new house comes complete with a forge! Now I don't know much about
    forging but the drop hammer looks good and might come in handy for the nuts. What it does mean
    though is that I have a workshop big enough to dismantle several bikes, it has lights, electricity
    (when the generator is running) and is, absolute bliss, under cover.

    Just bragging, can't help it :)

    Colin

  3. >In related news, it is expected to piss with rain solidly for the next week in Normandy, although
    >no rain is expected between Reading and Henley.

    Postcard!!! Calvados!!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > The Met Office have emphatically denied any relationship between the current downpour and the
    > > fact that certain cyclists in Reading had just got three bikes out of the shed and the first one
    > > in bits on the workstand.
    >
    > I have recently moved house. The new house comes complete with a forge! Now I don't know much
    > about forging but the drop hammer looks good and might come in handy for the nuts. What it does
    > mean though is that I have a workshop big enough to dismantle several bikes, it has lights,
    > electricity (when the generator is running) and is, absolute bliss, under cover.
    >
    > Just bragging, can't help it :)

    Mine came with a workshop and inspection pit which is good for hiding stuff in when you go on
    holiday. Simon

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On 23 May 2003 06:14:00 -0700, [email protected] (Simon Mason) wrote:

    > Mine came with a workshop and inspection pit which is good for hiding stuff in when you go on
    > holiday.

    My uncle thought that would be a grand way of working on his car, until he remembered ot was a
    three-wheeler. Which was about one and a half seconds too late...

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:07:39 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The Met Office have emphatically denied any relationship between the current downpour and the fact
    >that certain cyclists in Reading had just got three bikes out of the shed and the first one in bits
    >on the workstand.

    Met Office. Pah!!

    <http://www.xcweather.co.uk> is what one needs. It even covers that county royally full of berks, or
    so I believe.