Weatherproofing your running shoes.

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Sats, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Sats

    Sats Guest

    Here's a winterizing tip. Most running shoes, except for the no H2O models, have too much open mesh
    for wet winter running, or running in snow. To add a few miles of dry feet before they inevitably
    get wet, use clear 100% silicon rubber, and spread it over the mesh areas on the outside of the
    shoe. This will not only help keep you drier, it makes them noticeably warmer too. I never realized
    how much that mesh really cools down your feet. It sticks well for several weeks (even on dirty
    shoes) and you can peel it off just about anytime, and you'll never know it was there. Just be sure
    not to push it too deeply into the mesh if you eventually want to peel it off, but if you want it
    more permanent then push the silicon into the mesh deeper. Works great for repairs that are on a
    flexible area of your shoes, not so well on the bottoms. A huge tube for your chaulking gun is about
    $4.00, that's enough to do 100 pairs of shoes, and still have some left over.

    Tags:

  2. Sats

    Sats Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:45:40 +0100, "sydenhams chorea" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >Don't you end up looking like someone running with the stump of a gum tree on either foot?

    Hey stupid, it says cover the openings of mesh, not the whole shoe. And it's CLEAR. Please contact
    me privately for your next ebonics lesson.

  3. "Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    Yeah, but what happens on a warm day when it all goes gooey and you're feet get stuck to the road
    and a 40 tonner is headed your way?

    On second thoughts, it's an EXCELLENT idea Wobbot. I'll send you some money for the sealant.

    Roger.

  4. Sats

    Sats Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:48:37 +0100, "sydenhams chorea" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >Yeah, but what happens on a warm day when it all goes gooey and you're feet get stuck to the road
    >and a 40 tonner is headed your way?
    >
    >On second thoughts, it's an EXCELLENT idea Wobbot. I'll send you some money for the sealant.

    What are you stupid? (More recurring themes in Roidgers life) Email me for your next ebonics lesson
    where I essplain to you that my post clearly stated "FOR RUNNING IN WINTERTIME, ON SNOW AND ICE", so
    which part of that do you not understand? And the part that says "it can be easily peeled off for
    summertime" did you miss that too?

  5. "Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    Ach, you're a big woosie. In Scotland we simply glue some heather to the soles of our feet to
    give us grip on the ice and snow. You softies want warm tootsies when you're running? Are you
    mice or men?

    Roger.

  6. Sats

    Sats Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:58:12 +0100, "sydenhams chorea" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >
    >Ach, you're a big woosie. In Scotland we simply glue some heather to the soles of our feet to
    >give us grip on the ice and snow. You softies want warm tootsies when you're running? Are you
    >mice or men?

    We know which you are.

    squeak squeak?

  7. Deano

    Deano Guest

    Or do as I am doing in 2 weeks, move from New England to Georgia!!!!

    Just in time for winter

    "Sats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here's a winterizing tip. Most running shoes, except for the no H2O models, have too much open
    > mesh for wet winter running, or running in snow. To add a few miles of dry feet before they
    > inevitably get wet, use clear 100% silicon rubber, and spread it over the mesh areas on the
    > outside of the shoe. This will not only help keep you drier, it makes them noticeably warmer too.
    > I never realized how much that mesh really cools down your feet. It sticks well for several weeks
    > (even on dirty shoes) and you can peel it off just about anytime, and you'll never know it was
    > there. Just be sure not to push it too deeply into the mesh if you eventually want to peel it off,
    > but if you want it more permanent then push the silicon into the mesh deeper. Works great for
    > repairs that are on a flexible area of your shoes, not so well on the bottoms. A huge tube for
    > your chaulking gun is about $4.00, that's enough to do 100 pairs of shoes, and still have some
    > left over.

  8. Sats

    Sats Guest

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:13:11 GMT, "Deano" <[email protected]"Remove".com> wrote:

    >Or do as I am doing in 2 weeks, move from New England to Georgia!!!!
    >
    >Just in time for winter

    That's going to cost more than $4.00.