Weber Monoporter

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Karen Lipkow, Mar 10, 2004.

  1. Karen Lipkow

    Karen Lipkow Guest

    Hi,

    Has anyone here used the one-wheeled monoporter trailer by
    Weber ? What are your experiences (pros and cons) ? And how
    does it compare to the Bob Yak/Ibex (apart from the
    foldability and price) ?

    We want it for touring/camping and shopping. The main towing-
    bike is an Al-framed road/racing bike (Muesing Cayo, 62 cm).

    TIA, Karen
    --
    remove underscore and seven from my email address

    Tags:

  2. Wolfi

    Wolfi Guest

    Karen Lipkow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone here used the one-wheeled monoporter trailer by
    > Weber ? What are your experiences (pros and cons) ? And
    > how does it compare to the Bob Yak/Ibex (apart from the
    > foldability and price) ?
    >
    > We want it for touring/camping and shopping. The main
    > towing-bike is an Al-framed road/racing bike (Muesing
    > Cayo, 62 cm).
    >
    > TIA, Karen

    Hi Karen,

    please take a look into : http://www.mtb-
    news.de/forum/showpost.php?p=587923&postcount=41

    Regards

    Wolfgang

  3. Wolfi

    Wolfi Guest

    Karen Lipkow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone here used the one-wheeled monoporter trailer by
    > Weber ? What are your experiences (pros and cons) ? And
    > how does it compare to the Bob Yak/Ibex (apart from the
    > foldability and price) ?
    >
    > We want it for touring/camping and shopping. The main
    > towing-bike is an Al-framed road/racing bike (Muesing
    > Cayo, 62 cm).
    >
    > TIA, Karen

    Additional Information : depending on the frame dropouts
    etc. you need to use a 160 mm Tandem Quick Release Skewer
    for the Monoporter. (on my MTB i had no chance with a 135
    mm QR-Skewer - I had to replace it against a 160 mm
    Tandem Type)

    Wolfgang