Webpage: Tour photos on Google Map

Discussion in 'Touring and recreational cycling' started by Rumi, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Rumi

Rumi New Member

Hi,

I have been playing around with Google Maps and Gallery2 to create a sort of an interactive travelogue of the cycle tours that I have done. I thought maybe other people would find it interesting and make some use out of it.

If you would like to have a look, click the image below:

[​IMG]

To increase the performance of the page I had to divide the tours. By clicking on the drop-down menu labeled "Area to Show on the Map" on the top left, you can choose which tour to look at.

Clicking the eye icons on the map brings up a thumbnail of the photo, clicking on the green dots will show the cycling stats for that day.

Tags:

2. slaw

slaw New Member

That's cool Rumi! Though the maps aren't appearing under the route for me.

3. Rumi

Rumi New Member

Hmmm that's strange...what browser are using? I'm on Firefox and I have tested on Safari as well but not Internet Explorer.

4. slaw

slaw New Member

Yup, I'm using IE 6.

5. Rumi

Rumi New Member

I had a look into this and seems as if there are some issues with IE and google maps, it's such a pain when something works on some browsers and not others. Anyway I am looking into this to see if there is a fix, thanks for letting me know about it.

6. slaw

slaw New Member

No probs. I do web dev for corporate intranets mostly so I usually only have to allow for one browser.