website hosting

On Mon, 03 Jan 05 15:04:12 GMT,

some spammer wrote:

>here is the place that I host my websites with .
>If your still looking for a good host check out
>spamspam spam spam

And about 2 minutes after I despatched a LART, I got this:

"We terminated his account. Thanks for letting us know.

Usenet Monster Team"

I love it when a plan comes together.

Tim

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:52:47 -0000, "jim" <[email protected]> wrote in
message <[email protected]>:

>what's a LART?

Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool. It's a way of readjusting the
attitude of lUsers - I suspect it originates in BOFH (******* Operator
From Hell) but can't be arsed to Google for it...

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

"jim" <[email protected]>typed

> A dim question maybe, but what's a LART?

> Jim

Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool.

Basically reporting a spammer to ISP or other power in hope of
spam/account termination.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:52:47 -0000, "jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

>A dim question maybe, but what's a LART?

Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool, aka Clue by Four.

A big stick to clout spammers with, or in this case, an email of
complaint to the spammer's news provider grassing him up for spamming.

Tim

In article <[email protected]>,
Tim Hall <[email protected]> writes:

>>here is the place that I host my websites with .
>>If your still looking for a good host check out
>>spamspam spam spam

I recognise that. Just read a followup on another newsgroup, only he
hadn't chopped the spammer's URL.

I also recognised the spammer's URL. It's not new.

> And about 2 minutes after I despatched a LART, I got this:
>
> "We terminated his account. Thanks for letting us know.

Sounds automated. And it almost certainly wasn't the spammer's real
account, but a throwaway (assuming you correctly diagnosed it and didn't
target the victim of a forgery).

--
Nick Kew

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 23:24 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:52:47 -0000, "jim" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message <[email protected]>:
>
> >what's a LART?

> Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool. It's a way of readjusting the
> attitude of lUsers - I suspect it originates in BOFH (******* Operator
> From Hell) but can't be arsed to Google for it...

Yes, LARTs are referred to in BOFH.

I think the source though is the Scary Devil Monastery,
or rather the newsgroup alt.sysadmin.recovery

Its rather a high volume group, and I don't keep up with it.
but they do discuss rather alarming devices for LARTing.

in message <[email protected]>, jim
('[email protected]') wrote:

> A dim question maybe, but what's a LART?

A Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool.

I gather the original version resembled an electric cattle prod, but
around these parts we use a pneumatic sucker-dart firing machine gun.

;; Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they
;; do it from  religious conviction."          -- Pascal