Wedge bag for Brooks saddle

Pete

Guest
Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going to
Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak wedge, but the
angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to fit the mounting
bracket. Thanks for reading.

Pete

Per Pete:
>Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going to
>Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak wedge, but the
>angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to fit the mounting
>bracket. Thanks for reading.

How small?

Jandd's big wedge works for me.

If I'm going day-tripping, I hang one of these under it:

http://www.wallbike.com/carradice/sqrbags.html
--
PeteCresswell

Pete wrote:
> Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going
> to Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak
> wedge, but the angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to
> fit the mounting bracket. Thanks for reading.
>
> Pete

I use one of these

http://www.topeak.com/2006/products/bags/aerowedgepacksstrap.php

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

The Topeak Aero Wedge packs come in both bracket and strap versions.
The strap version will fit any saddle, it's also easier to swap
between bikes.

"(PeteCresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Per Pete:
>>Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going
>>to Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak wedge,
>>but the angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to fit the
>>mounting bracket. Thanks for reading.

> How small?
>
> Jandd's big wedge works for me.
>
> If I'm going day-tripping, I hang one of these under it:
>
> http://www.wallbike.com/carradice/sqrbags.html

Actually, I just need something to carry a tube and patch kit for those
quick rides that just don't require the rack and bag I use for a full day
out. Maybe I should just put it in the jersey. Thanks for the reply.

"PH" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1147043482.599131.109340
@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> The Topeak Aero Wedge packs come in both bracket and strap versions.
> The strap version will fit any saddle, it's also easier to swap
> between bikes.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Pete wrote:
> Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going to
> Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak wedge, but the
> angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to fit the mounting
> bracket. Thanks for reading.
>
> Pete

Pete

The Topeak bracket actually works quite well if you amount it backwards.
If you don't like the bag being backwards you can flip the clip on the
top of the bag around. It takes a bit of fiddling with, but I have them
on my B17s and on a Pro.

That said, the Topeak strap-on bags will work as well, as will any
manufacturer's.

Cheers,

Tom

"Pete" wrote...
> Any suggestions for a small bag to fit behind a Brooks B17 (w/o going to
> Brooks own line of luggage)? I have a perfectly good Topeak wedge, but

the
> angle of the Brooks frame have made it impossible to fit the mounting
> bracket. Thanks for reading.
>
> Pete

Jandd wedge, Rivendell/Baggins Banana Bag and the smallest Ortlieb seat
wedge all work for me on a Brooks Colt. Seat rails on a B17 are similar in
shape to those on the Colt, so all three should work on a B17. Jandd wedge
works on my B17, too.
--
mark

Pete wrote:

> Actually, I just need something to carry a tube and patch kit for those
> quick rides that just don't require the rack and bag I use for a full day
> out. Maybe I should just put it in the jersey. Thanks for the reply.

Wrap tube, kit, and a couple of other small items in a square of
fabric, secure under saddle with old toe strap. :p

Pete wrote:

> Actually, I just need something to carry a tube and patch kit for those
> quick rides that just don't require the rack and bag I use for a full day
> out. Maybe I should just put it in the jersey. Thanks for the reply.

In my opinion, any bike bag too small to carry a six-pack of longneck
bottles isn't worth the bother. If it is long enough in any one axis
to accommodate my Topeak Mountain Morph pump, that's helpful too.

Chalo

I have had good experiences with this one:

http://battlelakeoutdoors.com/cgi-b...cgi?display_product=WD10&cart_id=4223022_1020

It actually stuffs under the seat and above the top of the post on the
B17 with a tube, patch kit, boot. multi tool and beer money.

Great little company too!

On Sun, 07 May 2006 18:46:09 -0500, Pete <[email protected]> wrote:

>Actually, I just need something to carry a tube and patch kit for those
>quick rides that just don't require the rack and bag I use for a full day
>out. Maybe I should just put it in the jersey. Thanks for the reply.

There are a bunch of mini-wedge bags for sale on Ebay at any
particular time, usually for less than $10. I use one to carry my
cell, a very small (wash cloth size) towel, and maybe a small wrench
and screwdriver on days when I'm playing with adjustments. Oh... and
some mints, some business cards, and a pen in case I meet any more
babes while I'm out :).

landotter wrote:
> Pete wrote:
>
>> Actually, I just need something to carry a tube and patch kit for
>> those quick rides that just don't require the rack and bag I use for
>> a full day out. Maybe I should just put it in the jersey. Thanks
>> for the reply.

> Wrap tube, kit, and a couple of other small items in a square of
> fabric, secure under saddle with old toe strap. :p

Thats a big down with clipless.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this:

Tom Schmitz <[email protected]> wrote in news:TOv7g.4889$Vn.619
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> The Topeak bracket actually works quite well if you amount it backwards.
> If you don't like the bag being backwards you can flip the clip on the
> top of the bag around. It takes a bit of fiddling with, but I have them
> on my B17s and on a Pro.

Gotta try this. Thanks!

Why not a wege bad that uses a strap around the seat rails? That's what
I do for the Champion Flyer (B17 with springs) on my Reaper.

I made a special wedge bag tht fits in the upper corner of the rear
frame triangle for my tourer. (which has a B17).

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http "colon-slash-slash" geocities "dot" com "slash" czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net