wednesday fer sure

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joshua Goldberg, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with the camera didn't show up,
    the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now I cannot get my back wheels on...they have
    different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose
    pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day
    gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay gang

    Tags:

  2. "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with the camera didn't show
    > up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now I cannot get my back wheels on...they have
    > different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose
    > pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day
    > gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay gang

    No life or death importance to some of us as far as pictures. I never understood that priority
    anyway! If words such as "it fell apart" or "ir worked- here's how:..." are more than enough to send
    info. Best of luck to you- pix or no pix. Just describe the heated seat a bit more!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  3. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt
    > on 48 Volt battery

    I took time outta my busy day, drove across town, simply to work on this quadraplegics electric
    wheel chair. Here I am, maintaining, cleaning, adding, fixing, etc, and I short the batteries
    through my Seiko watch band. I am jumping and screaming, pulling my red-hot watch off with a goodly
    amount of roasted skin.. and what does he do? Laughs. Loudly. Won't stop. There was a minute there
    that I saw red and was about to unload on him.. then I realized that it really must have been funny.
    Took me a ounce or two of forbearance but I got myself under control.

  4. B4 I start using my new Angle Grinder for the 1st time ever (in the dark) and given my track record
    around power tools, figured I'd better answer you (while I still live and have all my fingers). The
    Heated Seat is for Winter use only...although U could use just the Vibrators in summer I suppose. It
    has the look of a Bucket Seat pad, Ass warmer/Lumbar and middle back Massager (with or without
    heat). You'll run it off the 12V in the trailer. It has 5 heat settings and 3 Vibrator settings, it
    has a keypad selector that lights up in the dark (useful I guess). It costs about $90.00 CAD (lots
    less in USD). I figure if you are going to ride, you may as well be comfortable doing it.
    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with
    the
    > > camera didn't show up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and
    now I
    > > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I
    almost
    > > fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt
    > > battery post until battery charger is
    unplugged).
    > > The extra day gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay
    gang

    > No life or death importance to some of us as far as pictures. I never understood that priority
    > anyway! If words such as "it fell apart" or "ir worked- here's how:..." are more than enough to
    > send info. Best of luck to you- pix or no pix. Just describe the heated seat a bit more!
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  5. > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to
    > self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until
    > battery charger is unplugged).

    Thus the reason I used different set of tools on my EV. A bit of heat shrink tubing does wonders in
    avoiding flying sparks. <g>

    I learned this trick from a friend. Working around "Seevo" equipment, he got his wedding ring across
    a couple terminals. His ring was ruined, but he was permenantly branded as married.

  6. I decided very early on that I was mechanically dangerous. I once had a Remington electric shaver
    and one morning while standing on a wet bathroom floor in my khaki boxers. The shaver stopped
    working mid-shave. I shook it, unplugged it, plugged it back in, shook the power cord and nothing. I
    wondered if there was any power running through the power cord, so I stuck one end in my mouth and
    pushed the other end into the power socket and then I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Burned
    my tongue and suffered lots of bruises as a result of bouncing off the sink, toilet, shower door,
    window sill....then I stepped on a bar of soap. I looked up and this Black guy was looking down at
    me and says...Damn....it is you white boys they make into officers!!!!!
    ----------------------------------
    "Michael Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I
    almost
    > > fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt
    > > battery post until battery charger is
    unplugged).

    > Thus the reason I used different set of tools on my EV. A bit of heat shrink tubing does wonders
    > in avoiding flying sparks. <g>
    >
    > I learned this trick from a friend. Working around "Seevo" equipment, he got his wedding ring
    > across a couple terminals. His ring was ruined, but he was permenantly branded as married.

  7. "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I wondered if there was any power running through the power cord, so I stuck one end in my mouth
    > and pushed the other end into the power socket and then

    > ....then I stepped on a bar of soap. I looked up and this Black guy was looking down at me and
    > says...Damn....it is you white boys they make into officers!!!!!

    Ah, I thought you were familiar. I think your picture is in my shop safety book... as the
    how-not-to guy. <g

  8. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Ahem!

    Hey someones gotta give you a hard time, er, I mean motivation :)

    > I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with
    the
    > camera didn't show up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now
    > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note
    > to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post
    > until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry
    > bout the delay
    gang