wednesday fer sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joshua Goldberg

I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with the camera didn't show up,
the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now I cannot get my back wheels on...they have
different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose
pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day
gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay gang

"Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with the camera didn't show
> up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now I cannot get my back wheels on...they have
> different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose
> pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day
> gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay gang

No life or death importance to some of us as far as pictures. I never understood that priority
anyway! If words such as "it fell apart" or "ir worked- here's how:..." are more than enough to send
info. Best of luck to you- pix or no pix. Just describe the heated seat a bit more!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

> and I almost fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt
> on 48 Volt battery

I took time outta my busy day, drove across town, simply to work on this quadraplegics electric
wheel chair. Here I am, maintaining, cleaning, adding, fixing, etc, and I short the batteries
through my Seiko watch band. I am jumping and screaming, pulling my red-hot watch off with a goodly
amount of roasted skin.. and what does he do? Laughs. Loudly. Won't stop. There was a minute there
that I saw red and was about to unload on him.. then I realized that it really must have been funny.
Took me a ounce or two of forbearance but I got myself under control.

B4 I start using my new Angle Grinder for the 1st time ever (in the dark) and given my track record
around power tools, figured I'd better answer you (while I still live and have all my fingers). The
Heated Seat is for Winter use only...although U could use just the Vibrators in summer I suppose. It
has the look of a Bucket Seat pad, Ass warmer/Lumbar and middle back Massager (with or without
heat). You'll run it off the 12V in the trailer. It has 5 heat settings and 3 Vibrator settings, it
has a keypad selector that lights up in the dark (useful I guess). It costs about $90.00 CAD (lots
less in USD). I figure if you are going to ride, you may as well be comfortable doing it.
--------------------------------------------------------
"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with
the
> > camera didn't show up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and
now I
> > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I
almost
> > fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt
> > battery post until battery charger is
unplugged).
> > The extra day gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry bout the delay
gang
>
>
> No life or death importance to some of us as far as pictures. I never understood that priority
> anyway! If words such as "it fell apart" or "ir worked- here's how:..." are more than enough to
> send info. Best of luck to you- pix or no pix. Just describe the heated seat a bit more!
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

> cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note to
> self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post until
> battery charger is unplugged).

Thus the reason I used different set of tools on my EV. A bit of heat shrink tubing does wonders in
avoiding flying sparks. <g>

I learned this trick from a friend. Working around "Seevo" equipment, he got his wedding ring across
a couple terminals. His ring was ruined, but he was permenantly branded as married.

I decided very early on that I was mechanically dangerous. I once had a Remington electric shaver
and one morning while standing on a wet bathroom floor in my khaki boxers. The shaver stopped
working mid-shave. I shook it, unplugged it, plugged it back in, shook the power cord and nothing. I
wondered if there was any power running through the power cord, so I stuck one end in my mouth and
pushed the other end into the power socket and then I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Burned
my tongue and suffered lots of bruises as a result of bouncing off the sink, toilet, shower door,
window sill....then I stepped on a bar of soap. I looked up and this Black guy was looking down at
me and says...Damn....it is you white boys they make into officers!!!!!
----------------------------------
"Michael Perry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I
almost
> > fried myself...note to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt
> > battery post until battery charger is
unplugged).
>
> Thus the reason I used different set of tools on my EV. A bit of heat shrink tubing does wonders
> in avoiding flying sparks. <g>
>
> I learned this trick from a friend. Working around "Seevo" equipment, he got his wedding ring
> across a couple terminals. His ring was ruined, but he was permenantly branded as married.

> I wondered if there was any power running through the power cord, so I stuck one end in my mouth
> and pushed the other end into the power socket and then

> ....then I stepped on a bar of soap. I looked up and this Black guy was looking down at me and
> says...Damn....it is you white boys they make into officers!!!!!

Ah, I thought you were familiar. I think your picture is in my shop safety book... as the
how-not-to guy. <g

Ahem!

Hey someones gotta give you a hard time, er, I mean motivation :)

> I ran in2 far more glitches tonite than I ever imagined. The person with
the
> camera didn't show up, the Slingseat didn't come with instructions and now
I
> cannot get my back wheels on...they have different Hub Motors and I almost fried myself...note
> to self (do not use a wrench and long nose pliers to tighten bolt on 48 Volt battery post
> until battery charger is unplugged). The extra day gives me time to tweak the trikes...sorry
> bout the delay
gang

Status
Not open for further replies.