Week 2: progress

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Skiur, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Hi everyone,

    This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.

    Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that were
    for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I wasn't
    hungry for the rest of the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the entire
    day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French Onion soup
    (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also came up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad
    recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food
    filled weekend.

    Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store). I picked up some goggles
    and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided when I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also
    parked far away in the lots today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).

    Julie

    Tags:

  2. This is a lot of progress in two weeks, in dropped pounds, fun with food, and activity. You had both
    SVs and NSVs. I hope you're pleased with yourself, because you should be. Excellent news Julie.

    Linda P

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:42:21 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    >
    >Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that were
    >for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I wasn't
    >hungry for the rest of the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the entire
    >day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French Onion soup
    >(Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also came up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad
    >recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food
    >filled weekend.
    >
    >Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store). I picked up some goggles
    >and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided when I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also
    >parked far away in the lots today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    >
    >Julie

  3. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Thank you Linda. I am pleased with myself. I've been trying to give myself more credit as time
    progresses and I am doing just that. It's harder work than I thought though. I am finding that as
    long as I'm perfect about journaling, I'm not beating myself up for everything else that isn't
    "perfect" according to unattainable ideals that come from unknown sources-that's a major NSV.

    Julie

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This is a lot of progress in two weeks, in dropped pounds, fun with food, and activity. You
    > had both SVs and NSVs. I hope you're pleased with yourself, because you should be. Excellent
    > news Julie.
    >
    > Linda P
    >
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:42:21 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone,
    > >
    > >This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    > >
    > >Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of
    each
    > >of the products that were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much
    > >matter to me because I wasn't hungry for the rest
    of
    > >the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    entire
    > >day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted
    > >make French Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also
    came
    > >up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent
    in
    > >points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    > >
    > >Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store).
    > >picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided
    when
    > >I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the lots today because the
    > >weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    > >
    > >Julie

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Congrats on that two pounds down.

    It's so nice to know that cars predict weather better than weathermen!
    (G)

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:42:21 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone,
    >
    >This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    >
    >Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that were
    >for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I wasn't
    >hungry for the rest of the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the entire
    >day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French Onion soup
    >(Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also came up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad
    >recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food
    >filled weekend.
    >
    >Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store). I picked up some goggles
    >and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided when I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also
    >parked far away in the lots today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    >
    >Julie

  5. Great job on the 2 lb loss Julie. Congratulations!

    --
    Brenda
    209/186/150 RafL goal 165

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    >
    > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that
    > were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I
    > wasn't hungry for the rest
    of
    > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    entire
    > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French Onion soup
    > (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also
    came
    > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite
    > filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    >
    > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store).
    > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided
    when
    > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the lots today because the weather
    > was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    >
    > Julie

  6. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    > Congrats on that two pounds down.

    Thank you.

    > It's so nice to know that cars predict weather better than weathermen!
    > (G)

    That's the truth!

  7. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Thank you Brenda and congrats to you to journalling all day and staying on plan. One day down,
    tomorrow should be easier.
    :)

    Julie

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Great job on the 2 lb loss Julie. Congratulations!
    >

    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/186/150 RafL goal 165
    >
    > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    > >
    > > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of
    each
    > > of the products that were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much
    > > matter to me because I wasn't hungry for the
    rest
    > of
    > > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    > entire
    > > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted
    > > make French Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also
    > came
    > > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent
    in
    > > points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    > >
    > > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good
    store).
    > > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided
    > when
    > > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the
    lots
    > > today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    > >
    > > Julie

  8. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    You ' re really doing great, on all accounts! Congrats!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mqqcnbICbOGP4d_d3cwC-
    [email protected]
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    >
    > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that
    > were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I
    > wasn't hungry for the rest
    of
    > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    entire
    > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French Onion soup
    > (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also
    came
    > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite
    > filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    >
    > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store).
    > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided
    when
    > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the lots today because the weather
    > was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    >
    > Julie

  9. Shoot, if tomorrow is easier than today, then I'll have it made!

    Brenda

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thank you Brenda and congrats to you to journalling all day and staying on plan. One day down,
    > tomorrow should be easier.
    > :)
    >
    > Julie
    >

    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Great job on the 2 lb loss Julie. Congratulations!
    > >

    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/186/150 RafL goal 165
    > >
    > > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi everyone,
    > > >
    > > > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    > > >
    > > > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of
    > each
    > > > of the products that were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie
    count
    > > > was, but it didn't much matter to me because I wasn't hungry for the
    > rest
    > > of
    > > > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    > > entire
    > > > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I
    wanted
    > > > make French Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I
    also
    > > came
    > > > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty
    decent
    > in
    > > > points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    > > >
    > > > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good
    > store).
    > > > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't
    decided
    > > when
    > > > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the
    > lots
    > > > today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    > > >
    > > > Julie

  10. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    The hardest thing is to get started. Everything else is a speedbump.

    Julie "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shoot, if tomorrow is easier than today, then I'll have it made!
    >
    > Brenda
    >
    > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Thank you Brenda and congrats to you to journalling all day and staying
    on
    > > plan. One day down, tomorrow should be easier.
    > > :)
    > >
    > > Julie
    > >

    > > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Great job on the 2 lb loss Julie. Congratulations!
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Brenda
    > > > 209/186/150 RafL goal 165

    > > each
    > count
    > > rest
    > > > of
    > > > entire
    > wanted
    > also
    > > > came
    > decent
    > > in

    > > store).
    > decided
    > > > when
    > > lots

  11. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Thank you. I really feel like I have the concept of moderation working on my side this time around.
    This group really helps more than anything else for me.

    Julie

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > You ' re really doing great, on all accounts! Congrats!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mqqcnbICbOGP4d_d3cwC-
    > [email protected]
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    > >
    > > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of
    each
    > > of the products that were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much
    > > matter to me because I wasn't hungry for the
    rest
    > of
    > > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    > entire
    > > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted
    > > make French Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also
    > came
    > > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent
    in
    > > points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    > >
    > > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good
    store).
    > > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided
    > when
    > > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the
    lots
    > > today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    > >
    > > Julie

  12. Betty Boop

    Betty Boop Guest

    Congratulations on the loss. Could you please post your deviled crab salad recipe. I need some new
    ideas! Thnks, Betty

    "skiur" <sk[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thank you. I really feel like I have the concept of moderation working on my side this time
    > around. This group really helps more than anything else for me.
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > You ' re really doing great, on all accounts! Congrats!
    > > --
    > > Nathalie from Belgium
    > > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > > 232/222.8/212 lbs "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mqqcnbICbOGP4d_d3cwC-
    > > [email protected]
    > > > Hi everyone,
    > > >
    > > > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    > > >
    > > > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of
    > each
    > > > of the products that were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie
    count
    > > > was, but it didn't much matter to me because I wasn't hungry for the
    > rest
    > > of
    > > > the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    > > entire
    > > > day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I
    wanted
    > > > make French Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I
    also
    > > came
    > > > up with an interesting Devilled Crab Salad recipe that is pretty
    decent
    > in
    > > > points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been a food filled weekend.
    > > >
    > > > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good
    > store).
    > > > picked up some goggles and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't
    decided
    > > when
    > > > I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also parked far away in the
    > lots
    > > > today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    > > >
    > > > Julie

  13. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    I'll do it this evening. Right now I'm off to work.

    "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Congratulations on the loss. Could you please post your deviled crab
    salad
    > recipe. I need some new ideas! Thnks, Betty
    >
    > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Thank you. I really feel like I have the concept of moderation working
    on
    > > my side this time around. This group really helps more than anything
    else
    > > for me.
    > >
    > > Julie
    > >
    > > "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > You ' re really doing great, on all accounts! Congrats!
    > > > --
    > > > Nathalie from Belgium
    > > > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > > > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > > > 232/222.8/212 lbs "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:mqqcnbICbOGP4d_d3cwC-
    > > > [email protected]

    > > each
    > count
    > > rest
    > > > of
    > > > entire
    > wanted
    > also
    > > > came
    > decent
    > > in

    > > store).
    > decided
    > > > when
    > > lots

  14. I'm sure I can do it. When I started WW a year ago I lost 35 lbs and it seemed so easy. I just can't
    figure out why all the difficulty since Christmas. All the stress from DH being sick last summer
    must have caught up to me or something!

    Brenda

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The hardest thing is to get started. Everything else is a speedbump.
    >
    > Julie "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Shoot, if tomorrow is easier than today, then I'll have it made!
    > >
    > > Brenda
    > >
    > > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Thank you Brenda and congrats to you to journalling all day and
    staying
    > on
    > > > plan. One day down, tomorrow should be easier.
    > > > :)
    > > >
    > > > Julie
    > > >

    > > > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > of
    > > > each
    > > count
    > > > rest
    > the
    > > wanted
    > > also
    > > decent
    > > > in
    > filled

    > > > store).
    > > decided
    > > > lots

  15. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Congrats on the 2 lb loss!! Also congrats on parking far away!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    skiur wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > This week finds me 2 pounds lighter.
    >
    > Yesterday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. There were samples of each of the products that
    > were for sale. I'm not sure what the calorie count was, but it didn't much matter to me because I
    > wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. Friday we went shopping at Trader Joe's. Today I spent the
    > entire day chasing down bowls that I could put in the broiler because I wanted to make French
    > Onion soup (Williams Sonoma for under $3 each!!) and I also came up with an interesting Devilled
    > Crab Salad recipe that is pretty decent in points and quite filling and tasty. In short, it's been
    > a food filled weekend.
    >
    > Today's warm weather inspired me to go to Galyan's (sporting good store). I picked up some goggles
    > and a kickboard for the pool. I haven't decided when I'll start yet, but I'm making steps. I also
    > parked far away in the lots today because the weather was gorgeous (56 F according to my car).
    >
    > Julie

  16. Don't discount this possibility at all. I think you're onto something here.

    Linda P On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:15:41 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >All the stress from DH being sick last summer must have caught up to me or something!

  17. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Stress has a way of doing that. I know stress of a few years caught up to me and I was burned out
    completely. I'm becoming less of a stress puppy, but it's a hard thing to get over.

    Julie

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm sure I can do it. When I started WW a year ago I lost 35 lbs and it seemed so easy. I just
    > can't figure out why all the difficulty since Christmas. All the stress from DH being sick last
    > summer must have caught up to me or something!
    >
    > Brenda
    >
    > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > The hardest thing is to get started. Everything else is a speedbump.
    > >
    > > Julie "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Shoot, if tomorrow is easier than today, then I'll have it made!
    > > >
    > > > Brenda

    > staying
    > > on

    > > of
    > > > count
    > the
    > > the
    > > > wanted
    > > > also
    > > > decent
    > > filled

    > > > decided
    > the

  18. Do you think so? I would have thought that I'd have been under more stress when he was in ICU on
    life support. I really didn't expect that it would hit me 8 months later.

    Brenda

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Don't discount this possibility at all. I think you're onto something here.
    >
    > Linda P On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:15:41 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >All the stress from DH being sick last summer must have caught up to me or something!

  19. I know that stress can do some terrible things to a person, but I never thought I'd be affected by
    it. I suppose we all think we're invincible at times, when we're really not.

    Brenda

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Stress has a way of doing that. I know stress of a few years caught up to me and I was burned out
    > completely. I'm becoming less of a stress puppy, but it's a hard thing to get over.
    >
    > Julie
    >

    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm sure I can do it. When I started WW a year ago I lost 35 lbs and it seemed so easy. I just
    > > can't figure out why all the difficulty since Christmas. All the stress from DH being sick last
    > > summer must have
    caught
    > > up to me or something!
    > >
    > > Brenda
    > >
    > > "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > The hardest thing is to get started. Everything else is a speedbump.
    > > >
    > > > Julie "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > staying
    > > > on

    > samples
    > > > of
    > calorie
    > > the
    > spent
    > > > the
    and
    > > > filled

    > good
    > > the
    > car).

  20. Think post-traumatic stress. It's like an earthquake followed by the aftershocks. Or the second and
    third and fourth waves of grief that come on the anniversary of a death. Or the nightmares that war
    veterans can have for years after coming home. The initial trauma/stress you experienced (and
    overlooked because all effort was focused on your husband's trauma and recovery) may still be
    working its way through your system.

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:55:00 -0800, "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do you think so? I would have thought that I'd have been under more stress when he was in ICU on
    >life support. I really didn't expect that it would hit me 8 months later.
    >
    >Brenda
    >
    >"Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Don't discount this possibility at all. I think you're onto something here.
    >>
    >> Linda P On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:15:41 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >All the stress from DH being sick last summer must have caught up to me or something!

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003