Week 70

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Miss Violette, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also dealing with
    the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as we are close and she is the
    mother of four. contemplating what her loss would mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently
    healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...

    I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal is
    to get within 14 points of using my flex points, good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a
    couple of days, Lee

    Tags:

  2. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    so sorry about your aunt. try to take care of yourself.

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is
    > causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Don't worry about that small gain. Just some readjustment after that string of losses and
    the maintain.

    Best with your family and particularly, aunt.

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:56:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    >eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    >growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also dealing
    >with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as we are close and she is the
    >mother of four. contemplating what her loss would mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently
    >healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    >I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    >is to get within 14 points of using my flex points, good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a
    >couple of days, Lee

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Lee,

    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's cancer. She and your family are in my prayers. Take care of
    yourself while at your mom's, remember to eat enough!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

    Miss Violette wrote:
    > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also dealing
    > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as we are close and she is
    > the mother of four. contemplating what her loss would mean to me is a real eye opener. She is
    > currently healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > is to get within 14 points of using my flex points, good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for
    > a couple of days, Lee

  5. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Hard times :( Hang in there, and best wishes to you and your family.

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is
    > causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  6. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and your mother. Hang in there and have a safe trip.

    Julie

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is
    > causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  7. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    >eating enough and that always kills me.

    I'm sorry about the gain Lee, but at least you know why. I'm also sorry to hear about your Aunt and
    my thoughts are with you and your family.
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  8. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hang in there.

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is
    > causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  9. It's a tiny gain, hardly worth mentioning. Besides you know what happened.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Best to you and your family during this difficult time.

    Prairie Roots On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:56:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    >eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    >growing type. I am having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also dealing
    >with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as we are close and she is the
    >mother of four. contemplating what her loss would mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently
    >healthy but watching my mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    >
    >I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    >is to get within 14 points of using my flex points, good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a
    >couple of days, Lee

  10. she came through her surgery today, ten hours, they removed her right
    kidney, an adrenal gland and half of the other. They also removed some
    lymph tissue. It is not looking good but my mother is dealing better now.
    I also had an uncle undergo a biopsy today both will have results early next
    week. We have spent 11 hours in the car since I left on Thursday morning, I
    am pooped and won't know how I did until I get it all in the journal, I am
    also sure that at the least it is better than it would have been in the
    before time, Thanks a bunch, Lee
    Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > so sorry about your aunt. try to take care of yourself.
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    My
    > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type. I
    am
    > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    > dealing
    > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    > we
    > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    > would
    > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    really
    > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    > points,
    > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  11. Thank you so much, Lee
    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Don't worry about that small gain. Just some readjustment after that string of losses and the
    > maintain.
    >
    > Best with your family and particularly, aunt.
    >
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:56:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > >eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > >growing type. I
    am
    > >having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > >with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > >are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > >mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > >mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > >I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > >is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > >good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  12. Thank you for the prayers. I think I ate enough points if not exactly
    balanced. Knowing not eating under stress is an issue I purposely tried to
    eat more point dense things that were still healthy, one day I ate a large
    wendy's chili because I was sure it was less junk say than the superbiggie
    fries, again thanks, Lee
    Connie <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Lee,
    >
    > I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's cancer. She and your family are in my prayers. Take care of
    > yourself while at your mom's, remember to eat enough!!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5
    >
    > Miss Violette wrote:
    > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    My
    > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type. I
    am
    > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    really
    > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  13. Thanks a bunch, Lee
    krys <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hard times :( Hang in there, and best wishes to you and your family.
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    My
    > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type. I
    am
    > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    > dealing
    > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    > we
    > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    > would
    > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    really
    > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    > points,
    > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  14. Thank you so much, Lee
    skiur <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm sorry to hear about your aunt and your mother. Hang in there and have
    > safe trip.
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    My
    > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type. I
    am
    > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    > dealing
    > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    > we
    > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    > would
    > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    really
    > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    > points,
    > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  15. Knowing why really makes it OK. It is in my power to correct it since I do
    know, thanks for the good thoughts, Lee
    Erin Marsh <[email protected]tra.co.nz> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:56:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > >eating enough and that always kills me.
    >
    > I'm sorry about the gain Lee, but at least you know why. I'm also sorry to hear about your Aunt
    > and my thoughts are with you and your family.
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  16. Thank you, Lee still hanging
    Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry to hear about your aunt. Hang in there.
    >
    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    My
    > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type. I
    am
    > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    > dealing
    > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    > we
    > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    > would
    > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    really
    > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    > points,
    > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  17. thank you for the support it means a bunch to me, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > It's a tiny gain, hardly worth mentioning. Besides you know what happened.
    >
    > I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Best to you and your family during this difficult time.
    >
    > Prairie Roots On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:56:53 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not been
    > >eating enough and that always kills me. My aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast
    > >growing type. I
    am
    > >having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    dealing
    > >with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch as
    we
    > >are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    would
    > >mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but watching
    my
    > >mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > >
    > >I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with really nice things and my goal
    > >is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    points,
    > >good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  18. Hi, Lee, I'm sorry to read about the problems your family is going through. Be good to yourself.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > she came through her surgery today, ten hours, they removed her right kidney, an adrenal gland and
    > half of the other. They also removed some lymph tissue. It is not looking good but my mother is
    > dealing better now. I also had an uncle undergo a biopsy today both will have results early
    next
    > week. We have spent 11 hours in the car since I left on Thursday morning,
    > am pooped and won't know how I did until I get it all in the journal, I am also sure that at the
    > least it is better than it would have been in the before time, Thanks a bunch, Lee Lesanne
    > > so sorry about your aunt. try to take care of yourself.
    > >
    > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > This was the end of the not gaining streak, I gained .4, It was not unexpected as I have not
    > > > been eating enough and that always kills me.
    > My
    > > > aunt has just been diagnosed with cancer and is a fast growing type.
    > am
    > > > having difficulty coping with seeing my mom this upset and I am also
    > > dealing
    > > > with the thought of losing my own sister. It is bothering me a bunch
    as
    > > we
    > > > are close and she is the mother of four. contemplating what her loss
    > > would
    > > > mean to me is a real eye opener. She is currently healthy but
    watching
    > my
    > > > mom deal with my aunt is causing me to face my own mortality...
    > > >
    > > > I did drink all of my water and I am catching up on my points with
    > really
    > > > nice things and my goal is to get within 14 points of using my flex
    > > points,
    > > > good luck this week. I am off to my mom's for a couple of days, Lee

  19. Thanks, it seems that things are going as well as can be expected, Lee
    Catherine White <[email protected]line.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Lee, I'm sorry to read about the problems your family is going
    through.
    > Be good to yourself.
    > --
    > Take Care Catherine
    > 154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
    >

    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > she came through her surgery today, ten hours, they removed her right kidney, an adrenal gland
    > > and half of the other. They also removed some lymph tissue. It is not looking good but my mother
    > > is dealing better
    now.
    > > I also had an uncle undergo a biopsy today both will have results early
    > next
    > > week. We have spent 11 hours in the car since I left on Thursday
    morning,
    > > am pooped and won't know how I did until I get it all in the journal, I
    am
    > > also sure that at the least it is better than it would have been in the before time, Thanks a
    > > bunch, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > so sorry about your aunt. try to take care of yourself.
    > > >
    > > > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > > berlin.de...
    me.
    > > My
    > > am
    > > > dealing
    > as
    > > > we
    > > > would
    > watching
    > > my

    > > really
    > > > points,

  20. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Wow Lee, I'm sorry to hear this about your aunt. How is she doing today? Keeping you all in thought
    and prayer!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.6/172