Weekend Stats - Please Review

Munitedsoccer

Apr 17, 2010
Hey Folks,

So... I am fairly new to the sport. I started riding in Nov. of last year. Unfortunately I can only ride twice a week at the most, mainly due to my participation in other sports. I have been off my bike for at least two weeks. Today, I went for a ride and would like some feed back on my stats. Like I said, I am fairly new, and I am not too sure weather these are good, average, mediocre, or poor. Please let me know.

Average Speed 32.1 km/hr
Average Cad 81
Total Time 1hr33mis48sec
Max Speed 51.3 Km/hr
Max Cad 120
Total Distance 50.14Km

Please let me know, both positive and negative feedback is welcome.

Additionally here are a couple of personal fitness stats.

Weight: 164.5 lbs
Height: 177.8 cm
Very active: Soccer twice a week, resistance training four times a week
Average Mile Run time: 5min28secs

Thank you all. Hope to get some feedback soon.

Why would you care what I think?

If you really want to see how you compare to others, go and do some racing.

Sounds OK but +1 with Yojimbo. Competition is where you really find out how good or bad you are.

Munitedsoccer said:
Hey Folks,

So... I am fairly new to the sport. I started riding in Nov. of last year. Unfortunately I can only ride twice a week at the most, mainly due to my participation in other sports. I have been off my bike for at least two weeks. Today, I went for a ride and would like some feed back on my stats. Like I said, I am fairly new, and I am not too sure weather these are good, average, mediocre, or poor. Please let me know.

Average Speed 32.1 km/hr
Average Cad 81
Total Time 1hr33mis48sec
Max Speed 51.3 Km/hr
Max Cad 120
Total Distance 50.14Km

Please let me know, both positive and negative feedback is welcome.

Additionally here are a couple of personal fitness stats.

Weight: 164.5 lbs
Height: 177.8 cm
Very active: Soccer twice a week, resistance training four times a week
Average Mile Run time: 5min28secs

Thank you all. Hope to get some feedback soon.

First of all, I don't really know what you are asking. Are you asking how you compare to other people, or if this ride was conducted in such a way as to serve a training purpose?

I can't tell you how you match up to other people no knowing the wind conditions, terrain, etc. Therefore, most of your numbers are meaningless. However, I can discuss training if you are interested. After 2 weeks off, you don't really want super hard efforts (do as I say, not as I do, I took 2 weeks off totally inactive and my first workout back was super hard intervals). Let you body reajust to training. This won't take too long, maybe a couple of days. You might even see that time off did you well.

So, for an easyish, get your legs back, type of ride. I think that 1.5hrs in the saddle was probably a good amount of time, although I would hope that you tried for a steady effort instead of intervals/hill repeats. Average cadence is fine for someone new to the sport. In fact, my cadence often averages out around 85rmp and that works well for me. Go with a cadence that you are comfortable with. Now, a max cadence of 120 leads me to think that you were possibly trying to sprint? Probably not necessary on today's ride.

Now, I have to add in two more cents here. If you aren't racing (and to some extent even if you are) you should judge your training on whether it is working for you, whether you are seeing improvements. People on a forum can't read the stats from one isolated ride and tell you where your weaknesses are, how you should be training, what systems you should be training, or how effective that training is. A coach or a mentor can help if you are very serious, however.