WEHT Italian Champ?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Marlene Blansha, May 20, 2003.

  1. Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start list. Is
    he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.

    Tags:

  2. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

    >Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start list.
    >Is he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.

    Saeco has a huge line-up. They cannot have them all in one race. So, they decided to put some
    selfish guys like di Luca, Commesso, Quaranta etc. on the team for the Tour. On the Giro, with
    Simoni foreseeably in pink, they decided to have a team more devoted to team work.

  3. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2003 19:32:58 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

    >Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start list.
    >Is he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.

    My guess is he's waiting for the TdF and some stage wins.

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  4. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Davide Tosi) wrote:

    > [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:
    >
    > >Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start list.
    > >Is he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.
    >
    > Saeco has a huge line-up. They cannot have them all in one race. So, they decided to put some
    > selfish guys like di Luca, Commesso, Quaranta etc. on the team for the Tour. On the Giro, with
    > Simoni foreseeably in pink, they decided to have a team more devoted to team work.

    Pieri is doing well also, but I figured it's sort of a given to have the Italian champ in the Giro.

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:
    >
    > >Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start list.
    > >Is he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.
    >
    > Saeco has a huge line-up. They cannot have them all in one race. So, they decided to put some
    > selfish guys like di Luca, Commesso, Quaranta etc. on the team for the Tour. On the Giro, with
    > Simoni foreseeably in pink, they decided to have a team more devoted to team work.

    Hey, just a little while ago you wrote this:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3ef514a8.386861323%40news.cis.dfn.de

  6. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Where's Commesso,the Italian champ? I realized he isn't in the giro and wasn't on the start
    >> >list. Is he injured or what? I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering.
    >>
    >> Saeco has a huge line-up. They cannot have them all in one race. So, they decided to put some
    >> selfish guys like di Luca, Commesso, Quaranta etc. on the team for the Tour. On the Giro, with
    >> Simoni foreseeably in pink, they decided to have a team more devoted to team work.
    >>

    >Hey, just a little while ago you wrote this:
    >http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3ef514a8.386861323%40news.cis.dfn.de

    The two messages are not in conflict.

  7. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...

    > >> Saeco has a huge line-up. They cannot have them all in one race. So, they decided to put some
    > >> selfish guys like di Luca, Commesso,
    Quaranta
    > >> etc. on the team for the Tour. On the Giro, with Simoni foreseeably in pink, they decided to
    > >> have a
    team
    > >> more devoted to team work.
    > >>

    > >Hey, just a little while ago you wrote this:
    > >http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3ef514a8.386861323%40news.cis.dfn.de
    >
    > The two messages are not in conflict.

    You angling for Ari Fleischer's job?