Weight databases...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Durandal, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Durandal

    Durandal Guest

    Just found this site...

    http://weightweenies.starbike.com

    How about we all post at least one component weight and grow that database to over, hmm, let's say
    4000 weights? It would be cool to have everything in one place, like mtbr.com ...

    Anybody know of some similar site?

    Tags:

  2. Durandal

    Durandal Guest

    "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | Whatever for?

    For having correct info on weights, since some manufacturers don't want to publish those, don't
    reply to weight questions, or state weights lesser than real ones ;-P I know that's better to ride
    than care for weight, but sometimes is really useful to know some...

  3. "Durandal" <durandal\[email protected]/email.hinet.hr> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | |
    | | Whatever for?
    | |

    | For having correct info on weights, since some manufacturers don't want
    | publish those, don't reply to weight questions, or state weights lesser
    than
    | real ones ;-P

    Why do you need correct info on weights?

    | I know that's better to ride than care for weight, but sometimes is
    really
    | useful to know some...

    When?

    --
    Pete Fagerlin http://www.petefagerlin.com

  4. Durandal

    Durandal Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | "Durandal" <durandal\[email protected]/email.hinet.hr> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | |
    | | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | | news:[email protected]...
    | | |
    | |
    | | For having correct info on weights, since some manufacturers don't want
    | | publish those, don't reply to weight questions, or state weights lesser
    | than
    | | real ones ;-P
    |
    | Why do you need correct info on weights?

    For the reason...

    | | I know that's better to ride than care for weight, but sometimes is
    | really
    | | useful to know some...
    |
    | When?

    Right now.

  5. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > "Durandal" <durandal\[email protected]/email.hinet.hr> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > |
    > | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | news:[email protected]...
    > | |
    > | | Whatever for?
    > | |

    > | For having correct info on weights, since some manufacturers don't want
    > | publish those, don't reply to weight questions, or state weights lesser
    > than
    > | real ones ;-P
    >
    > Why do you need correct info on weights?
    >
    > | I know that's better to ride than care for weight, but sometimes is
    > really
    > | useful to know some...
    >
    > When?
    >
    > --
    > Pete Fagerlin http://www.petefagerlin.com

    Thank goodness you're here Obtuse Boy! There's a global shortage of curmudgeonliness. Whatever
    shall we do?!?

    ;*)

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

  6. On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:07:39 +0000, Durandal wrote:

    > | When?
    > |

    > Right now.

    Why?

    --
    Matt

    Fear of a flat planet

  7. Durandal

    Durandal Guest

    "Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    | On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:07:39 +0000, Durandal wrote:
    |
    | > | When?
    | > |
    | > |
    | > Right now.
    |
    | Why?

    Because penguins can't fly :-\ I'm going out for a ride...