Weight difference between Easton Vista SL and Alex 298r

jsull14

Nov 26, 2005
I want to ugrade my Alex 298r wheelset that came stock with my 2006 Specialized Roubaix. The Easton Vista SLs, which I saw in the shop yesterday, look nice and are light. The Easton website does a good job of listing all the weights. But I don't know how much my current Alex rims weigh. I want to see how many grams I would be saving by going with the Eastons.

Does anyone know how much an Alex 298r set weighs? I suppose I could just take the Alex into the shop with me and compare. :rolleyes:

jsull14 said:
I want to ugrade my Alex 298r wheelset that came stock with my 2006 Specialized Roubaix. The Easton Vista SLs, which I saw in the shop yesterday, look nice and are light. The Easton website does a good job of listing all the weights. But I don't know how much my current Alex rims weigh. I want to see how many grams I would be saving by going with the Eastons.

Does anyone know how much an Alex 298r set weighs? I suppose I could just take the Alex into the shop with me and compare. :rolleyes:
Weight weenies, doesn't list anything specifically for the 298r. OEM specific components are next to impossible to find manufacturer published data.

see:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings/components.php?type=roadwheels

They have alisting for the older Specalized OEM ALX-295 of 1934g with rim tape.
Also note however, that the listing for the Vista SL shows a measured weight significantly higher than Easton's claims at 1842g for the set.