Weight limit

The Wogster

Guest
Anybody know the weight limit for a full suspension MTB?

The Wogster wrote:
> Anybody know the weight limit for a full suspension MTB?

Depends on the bike, the rider, and the type of riding. Usually, if
you're going with a decent-quality bike, and riding it in accordance
with its design, you probably won't be in any danger.

Bill Henry wrote:
> The Wogster wrote:
>
>> Anybody know the weight limit for a full suspension MTB?

> Depends on the bike, the rider, and the type of riding. Usually, if
> you're going with a decent-quality bike, and riding it in accordance
> with its design, you probably won't be in any danger.

Assume a decent quality bike, a rider weighing 225, and mostly trail
riding, is that going to be a problem, yes or no?

The Wogster wrote:
> Bill Henry wrote:
>> The Wogster wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody know the weight limit for a full suspension MTB?

>> Depends on the bike, the rider, and the type of riding. Usually, if
>> you're going with a decent-quality bike, and riding it in accordance
>> with its design, you probably won't be in any danger.

> Assume a decent quality bike, a rider weighing 225, and mostly trail
> riding, is that going to be a problem, yes or no?

No. Just avoid "stupid light" components (especially wheels, seat post,
etc.).

Some full-suspension bikes will actually state a weight limit -- usually
just the racing models, however.

Go. Ride. Bounce. Smile.

Blake Roadking wrote:
> "The Wogster" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Anybody know the weight limit for a full suspension MTB?
>>

> About 110 pounds. They're not set up for grown men to ride.

Well, folks, he warned us about the carnage that would be wrought for
dissing his garage-sale buys!

Oh, the Usenettity...

Blake Roadking wrote in news:[email protected]:

> About 110 pounds. They're not set up for grown men to ride.

You speak from experience, but I believe this thread was
in reference to the load capacity of a MTB.