Weight loss and loss of power

I do not know much about gluten issues . What a i have been is a athlete my whole life i was a wrestler in high school and finished 5 in the nation. I was in the U S M C for 13 years until a combat injury allmost took my life and left leg from the knee down. I guess what i am trying to say is if your body is not responding from training or physical activity or is provoking a symptom maybee a visit to a doctor is good idea for a good thourough physical and some blood work. 10 years while in a three month training cycle for a power liftng meet i begain to experiance light headedness , dizzy spells , tunnel vision and it happened while not at the gym . Got into the doc asap he did a good thourough exam and blood work and all it turned out to be is low iron. 5. Years ago i started to feel myself thirsty, no energy in the middle of the day, i would get the shakes while lifting so back to the doc and shoot i had diabetes. You cant play it to safe with your health thats my two cents for what its worth

I have LOTS of experience on the trainer. That is why I suspect it has to do w/the dietary changes and the calorie restriction - the point of this thread.

A massive reduction in calorie intake will reduce your power output immediately. The use of supplements here is useful to combat the nutritional deficiency. It is this deficiency that causes a slow recovery rate. This could lead to a burn out eventually and trust me the return road from a burnout can take up to 2 years!

The supplements we use which are also taken at the top level, not just in cycling but other events such as Duatholon and Triathlons, we use SIS recovery range and also High5. Id also suggest 20-30mg of l-glutamine every day split into two servings post and pre training. This will aid your immune system and also increase recovery rate.

Becareful when you shop for supplements though, manufacturers try to fix the prices but use Google shop and see who's cheapest as there is always a deal somewhere to be found.Try www.bisonfitness.com and www.cyclinghaven.com, not sure if thats the correct spellings, just Google it.

Either way the brands to use would be these two as they are designed for our sport.

I would also recommend a protein shake. With your calorie deficit you could burn into muscle mass which is the breaking down of your protein adding to your loss of power.

Hope this has been some help.

If you want to reduce fat then I would suggest to use lemon, apple and orange juice in you diet plan and just feel the difference.