Weight Loss Update

patte

Guest
This week I wasn't as successful, didn't lose as much as I did last week.
I'm pleased with being able to say that I didn't gain, though. We had a
little celebration at work this week and, like an idiot, I ate two pieces of
cake which did cause me to gain 2 lbs overnight. Served me right for being
so stupid. Took me a couple days to lose 1.4 lbs of that, and now I've lost
even more.

Over all, I'm pleased with my progress thus far. At this rate, I could make
it below the 200-lb mark in February (if I don't make another stupid move
like eating that cake!).

Patte
217.6/211.4/199.0

Cake is not low carb.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:50:50 -0800, "patte" <[email protected]> wrote:

>This week I wasn't as successful, didn't lose as much as I did last week.
>I'm pleased with being able to say that I didn't gain, though. We had a
>little celebration at work this week and, like an idiot, I ate two pieces of
>cake which did cause me to gain 2 lbs overnight. Served me right for being
>so stupid. Took me a couple days to lose 1.4 lbs of that, and now I've lost
>even more.
>
>Over all, I'm pleased with my progress thus far. At this rate, I could make
>it below the 200-lb mark in February (if I don't make another stupid move
>like eating that cake!).
>
>Patte
>217.6/211.4/199.0

You should do what I do.

What I do at the office birthday breaks, is to take my piece of
cake with me back to my work area. If noticed, I'll make up some
story about how I have just eaten or that I want to eat my cake with
my afternoon coffee.

Later, when I'm alone with my cake, I'll slowly place each bite into
my mouth and savor each morsel of it and then spit it out.

I've reached goal weight using this little technique and am healthy
as a young horse.

Do I feel deprived because I miss doughnuts and cake and candy, etc?
No, because I don't deprieve myself of anything. I'm very content
and happy with my new way of eating and will continue it for the rest
of my "Long" life.

Ralph

Ralph <[email protected]> wrote:

> Later, when I'm alone with my cake, I'll slowly place each bite into my
> mouth and savor each morsel of it and then spit it out.

here we go again.

Ralph wrote:

> Later, when I'm alone with my cake, I'll slowly place each bite into
> my mouth and savor each morsel of it and then spit it out.
>
> I've reached goal weight using this little technique and am healthy
> as a young horse.

Maybe you'll break a leg and then they'll have to shoot you.

Marsha/Ohio

Good girls swallow.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

news:[email protected]...

Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Perdu <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > That's horribly alarming. Sad, even.
> >
> > Glad you're losing weight but this behavior is not mentally sane.
> > Spreading it, is even worse. I'm sorry. Just made me cringe.
> >
> > What's your next move? Installing a Roman vomitarium in the bathroom with
> > feathers and buckets?
> >
> > I don't mean disrespect. But this scene disturbed me. There is nothing I
> > can want that bad.

> I agree that it is odd behavior, but no one died from chewing and
> spitting food. Some people chew gum, in a very similar manner. It is
> better than being fat.

we have been through this many times in this group. it is considered by
a lot of people to be indicative of an eating disorder. i don't see it
as being much different than binging and purging.

Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I agree that it is odd behavior, but no one died from chewing and
> >> spitting food. Some people chew gum, in a very similar manner. It is
> >> better than being fat.

> > we have been through this many times in this group. it is considered by
> > a lot of people to be indicative of an eating disorder. i don't see it
> > as being much different than binging and purging.
> >

> Maybe I missed those discussions, so I have not seen all arguments pro
> and con. My own perception is that this behavior is not much different
> from chewing gum.

gum is not meant to be eaten and swallowed. chewing up food and
spitting it out is very different, and it's very unhealthy.

Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Maybe I missed those discussions, so I have not seen all arguments pro
> >> and con. My own perception is that this behavior is not much different
> >> from chewing gum.

> > gum is not meant to be eaten and swallowed.

> Cake also is not meant to be eaten and swallowed, or so I believe
> now that I am on LC.

it's meant to be eaten, and whether you choose to eat it or not really
has no bearing on the subject. gum? not.

> > chewing up food and spitting it out is very different, and it's very
> > unhealthy.

> "Chewing up gum and spitting it is very unhealthy", would you agree
> with that?

no. you're being stupid.

Yes. When I chew gum I chew it so hard that my jaws ache. So I don't chew
gum. Maybe I am not spitting it out soon enough. In that case cake would
work better.

In news:[email protected],
Ignoramus22756 <[email protected]> stated

| "Chewing up gum and spitting it is very unhealthy", would you agree
| with that?

"Ralph" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> What I do at the office birthday breaks, is to take my piece of
> cake with me back to my work area. If noticed, I'll make up some
> story about how I have just eaten or that I want to eat my cake with
> my afternoon coffee.
>
> Later, when I'm alone with my cake, I'll slowly place each bite into
> my mouth and savor each morsel of it and then spit it out.

Oh.
That surprised me.
I was reading along, thinking, "Oh, that's clever"
I thought I knew what you were going to say - that you took your piece of
cake back to your desk, and when you were alone, you dumped it into the
trash.

I typically don't bother even trying to look like I'm having whatever
unhealthy food it is that they're passing out at work. Cake, donuts,
bagels, truffles... on MOST days at work there is some type of bad food
there for free. The days that it is more difficult to avoid (but I still
do) is when they call everyone to the lunchroom for some sort of celebration
w/ cake. I usually just come to the lunchroom with a large glass of water,
or sometimes a diet pop. Then I have my drink in my hand the whole time,
and sip from it, so I don't look as unusual as if I didn't have anything.
The best way I've found is to just avoid eating even a bite of bad food.
Even though it sounds more extreme, it's actually much easier that way.

--
Spring
LC since 1/1/04

"Before" & "current" pics at link below:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph

"Ralph" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> You should do what I do.
>
> What I do at the office birthday breaks, is to take my piece of
> cake with me back to my work area. If noticed, I'll make up some
> story about how I have just eaten or that I want to eat my cake with
> my afternoon coffee.
>
> Later, when I'm alone with my cake, I'll slowly place each bite into
> my mouth and savor each morsel of it and then spit it out.
>
> I've reached goal weight using this little technique and am healthy
> as a young horse.
>
> Do I feel deprived because I miss doughnuts and cake and candy, etc?
> No, because I don't deprieve myself of anything. I'm very content
> and happy with my new way of eating and will continue it for the rest
> of my "Long" life.
>
> Ralph

Thanks for the suggestion but...no thanks. I did take my cake back to my
desk...we all did. In my office, when there's a celebration of any kind,
they make us get together for the speeches and rah-rah cheers in our large
conference room but then the treats have to be taken back to our desks so we
can get back to work...

Anyway, the best plan is not to take the piece(s) of cake in the first
place. Chewing it up and spitting out just seems silly. Either I eat cake or
I don't, it's that simple. Just for the record...it wasn't a feeling of
deprivation that made me eat the cake. I like cake (yeah, JC, I know...it's
not lowcarb!) and I made a conscious decision to eat some. Sure, it was
stupid, considering the amount of weight I need to lose. But I felt like
having cake so I did. I knew I'd pay a price for it but it was a price that,
at least this time, I didn't mind paying.

Patte
217.6/211.4/199.0