Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by atrain63, Nov 10, 2007.

1. atrain63

atrain63 New Member

For starters I have been racing for about a year and a half and now at the cat 3 level. I started riding after college at 225lbs currently i am at 196lbs my goal is to get to 180/175 by spring. I think i hit a plateau or im just not getting it. So does anyone have advice? I do lift weights bout 2x a week nothing heavy though just enough to stay toned cause i am a personal trainer.

Tags:

2. tfstrum

tfstrum New Member

Post a diet...

3. dhk2

dhk2 Active Member

Lots of people will tell you just to "ride more", but my experience has been that at some point, you've got to restrict calories. Easy to say, but I've found over the years that diet discipline is tougher than training and riding the bike.

4. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

Remember the lighter you get, you're going to need to restrict calories further as your RMR declines. While it's not going to be a huge change, if you're only running 500 cal/day deficit it could certainly take a good 300-400 calories per day chunk out of it.

One of the more accurate calculators I've found says that at 225 lbs, 74" my RMR would be 2252 cal/day.

At 195 lbs, 74" it's down to 2031 cal/day. That's almost half your deficit gone, provided your body fat remained roughly the same.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm