Weight of LeMond Tete de Course

Bruce L

Dec 31, 2003
Does anyone know the weight of the Tete de Course configured with Dura Ace(probably triple-and stock components)?

I saw in one of the threads on weight of bikes as 18.5 lbs which seems high even taking into consideration pedals and water cages.

Originally posted by Bruce L
Does anyone know the weight of the Tete de Course configured with Dura Ace(probably triple-and stock components)?

I saw in one of the threads on weight of bikes as 18.5 lbs which seems high even taking into consideration pedals and water cages.

a little over 3 lbs. Probably around 3.25 - 3.5 lbs.

Originally posted by BaCardi
a little over 3 lbs. Probably around 3.25 - 3.5 lbs.

Is that including Fork. I'm also interested in total weight of built bike.

Originally posted by Bruce L
Anyone else out there who has idea of the weight ?????

With pedals, water bottle cages, computer etc. figure on just under 18 lbs. for a 57cm.

I'm the one that posted 18.5 lbs for mine (with pedals, no cages) so I should add a caveat: this weight was measured by me standing on a bathroom scale with and without the bike. I'd estimate margin of error to be +/- 1.5 lbs. Mine is also a 2002 (all Ti, no carbon) and has Shimano (WH7700) wheels.

question for those who own a recent version of this bike...I know that this is a custom bike but....how much does the frame weight? in the neighborhodd of..?

This would give one a better idea on what kind of poundage one can achieve for this bike.
Thanks,

Originally posted by Rudy
question for those who own a recent version of this bike...I know that this is a custom bike but....how much does the frame weight? in the neighborhodd of..?

This would give one a better idea on what kind of poundage one can achieve for this bike.
Thanks,

I personally never weighed my bike, ('04 TDC w/Record 2x10). but the LBS did before I had installed a computer and pedals etc. on it. They said it weighed in at just under 16½ lbs. for a 57cm. Have you thought of calling Trek in Wisc. and asking them?

I was just wondering about this bike and the Serotta ottrot...both are Ti/carbon but the Serotta has the carbon for its down tube and top tube which, IMO, should do a better job of transferring the pedal force.... I own a Ti bike and althouhg it's smooth and very comfy...it can be flexy at the BB, thus robbing you of power.
The Serotta seems to have something right going there but from what I understand is expensive and heavy.

Originally posted by Squint
Exactly how much power are you being robbed of by your Ti frame?

What ever minuscule amount it is, I'll never go to bed loosin' any sleep over it... ;)

Originally posted by Squint
Exactly how much power are you being robbed of by your Ti frame?

Quantitatively it's hard to say...but I can tell you that after riding my old Catalyst and hop on my Kestrel...there's a huge difference when climbing up a hill...similar experience too with the Giant TCR.

I know this because I rode them back to back. But none of these bikes can give you that comfort and lively ride that Ti is famous for.

Cipher, the difference between your old and new frame is the rear carbon seta stay and chain stay.
Could you give some feedback as to the ride characteristics? I believe both frames' main front triangle are made of 3/2.5 Ti.

Is the ride of the new frame any more responsive? stiffer?

Sorry Rudy, I can't really tell you much about the TDC yet, (I've only been on rollers in the basement with it so far) here in Minnesota we've got a little snow on the ground, and high temps. in the single digits, so its gonna be a while...

Originally posted by Cipher
Sorry Rudy, I can't really tell you much about the TDC yet, (I've only been on rollers in the basement with it so far) here in Minnesota we've got a little snow on the ground, and high temps. in the single digits, so its gonna be a while...

What other bikes were you considering and why did you pick the Tete de Course?????

PS It rained here today in Maui but what a spectacular sunset I'm now witnessing.

Aloha
Bruce