weight problems?

debs77

May 30, 2013
Im a very slightly built 5' mtber, Ive been really struggling to keep some weight on, just lately Im bonking after 30mins. I just wondered if there was anyone out there that could give me a tip or 2 on how to get some easy calories. Im a bit of a picky eater so anything thats loaded with calories would be best, possibly? Thanks

Calorie rich drinks like chocolate milk work well for fillers. One test I use if I feel sore/bonky is to poke my thigh. If it feels really hard, dehydrated/drained. Hydration prior to performance is almost more important. Meat works well, though I know that is somewhat taboo for us anymore. I tend to eat like pretty heartily, on par with my guy so it doesn't become a problem often but a lot of my friends tend to eat minimally. Of course I am not nearly as frail build as they are (some trade offs)...

Reactions: debs77
I agree with the calorie rich drinks. Also . . . if you like a candy bar, let's be real, those are good! And they have tons of calories. You might consider checking your thyroid out. If you have a hyperactive thyroid it burns calories a lot faster than it should, so with some medication you could get it regulated. It's worth a try right? Good luck!

It is best to try or something like calorie rich rings but it is not really very healthy. you should try some dairy products like butter, milk and roasted food item that has lot of calories and can help you increase your weight tremendously.

I can send you a menu of our monthly dinners at my house. You shouldn't have any trouble gaining weight th en. I never did.

Try drinking more calorie rich drinks, as they will keep you hydrated, but high sugar things are not always the best idea as they will make you very tired very fast. A steady increase in food and drink is better than piling the food in.

Fats and proteins will give you longer lasting fuel for a long ride than carbs will. Nuts or nut butters are great, add a little more olive oil to your salad, a little coconut oil to your meal, eat a little more meat. You probably want to eat heavy foods some hours before a ride, or the night before so the food is digested and the energy is ready to be burned when you start your ride.

I'd go with bars over liquid. If you're looking for something a tad more nutrient specific I would suggest Soylent. As opposed to using it to replace meals use it inbetween meals.