Weight scale

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fstrnu, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Fstrnu

    Fstrnu Guest

    Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones I can find so far (even
    the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off and stepping back on.
    Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like consistency so I can monitor
    changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones
    > can find so far (even the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off
    > and stepping back on. Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like
    > consistency so I can monitor changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

    I like the electronic ones from Tanita. My model 551 includes a percentage body fat feature (via
    bio-impedance), and shows weight with 0.2lb resolution.

    GG

  3. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    > > "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact?

    I have a Healthometer Ever Weigh that relies on strain gage(s), not springs. Placed on a firm,
    flat surface, it gives 100% consistent results, albeit to only the nearest 0.5 lbs. It also is
    pretty compact - small/average "footprint", but slim/low to the floor. I think I paid $34 for it
    at Sam's Club.

    Andy Coggan

  4. Sparhawk

    Sparhawk Guest

    On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:40:54 GMT, "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones I can find so far (even
    >the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off and stepping back on.
    >Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like consistency so I can monitor
    >changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

    Tanita 626

  5. Fstrnu

    Fstrnu Guest

    I heard that the body fat isn't accurate b/c the signal goes from one leg to another or something
    like that and so your legs inordinantly impact the outcome. True?

    "Gary German" <[email protected]_NOSPAM_.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the
    ones
    > > can find so far (even the expensive ones) register a different weight
    even
    > > after just stepping off and stepping back on. Don't necessarily care whether absolutely
    > > accurate, but would like consistency so I can monitor changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > I like the electronic ones from Tanita. My model 551 includes a
    percentage
    > body fat feature (via bio-impedance), and shows weight with 0.2lb resolution.
    >
    > GG

  6. Gary German

    Gary German Guest

    "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I heard that the body fat isn't accurate b/c the signal goes from one leg
    > another or something like that and so your legs inordinantly impact the outcome. True?

    It's my understanding that the patented algorithms they've programmed into the scale take this into
    account. I have not compared the scale's calculations to a "true" measurement (i.e., water tank),
    but I think it's reasonably accurate.

    The scale numbers will vary by time of day and body hydration levels. But, I've found that if I
    weigh myself around the same time each day (and not right after a ride when I'm dehydrated), they're
    pretty consistent.

    GG