Weight scale

Fstrnu

Guest
Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones I can find so far (even
the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off and stepping back on.
Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like consistency so I can monitor
changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

"FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones
> can find so far (even the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off
> and stepping back on. Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like
> consistency so I can monitor changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

I like the electronic ones from Tanita. My model 551 includes a percentage body fat feature (via
bio-impedance), and shows weight with 0.2lb resolution.

GG

> > "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact?

I have a Healthometer Ever Weigh that relies on strain gage(s), not springs. Placed on a firm,
flat surface, it gives 100% consistent results, albeit to only the nearest 0.5 lbs. It also is
pretty compact - small/average "footprint", but slim/low to the floor. I think I paid $34 for it
at Sam's Club.

Andy Coggan

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:40:54 GMT, "FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Anybody know of a good weight scale that relatively compact? All the ones I can find so far (even
>the expensive ones) register a different weight even after just stepping off and stepping back on.
>Don't necessarily care whether absolutely accurate, but would like consistency so I can monitor
>changes in my weight. Thanks in advance.

Tanita 626

I heard that the body fat isn't accurate b/c the signal goes from one leg to another or something
like that and so your legs inordinantly impact the outcome. True?

news:[email protected]...

"FSTRNU" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:nbx6a.221527$SD6.11676@sccrnsc03...
> I heard that the body fat isn't accurate b/c the signal goes from one leg
> another or something like that and so your legs inordinantly impact the outcome. True?

It's my understanding that the patented algorithms they've programmed into the scale take this into
account. I have not compared the scale's calculations to a "true" measurement (i.e., water tank),
but I think it's reasonably accurate.

The scale numbers will vary by time of day and body hydration levels. But, I've found that if I
weigh myself around the same time each day (and not right after a ride when I'm dehydrated), they're
pretty consistent.

GG