a beginner at both, my muscles are pretty sore afterwards. I used to
do a weights workout every other day, but is it a good idea to do
weights on the same day as windsurfing/waterskiing? Or should I skip
the weights on days when I waterski?

Incidentally, I'm incredibly grateful to this group for inspiring me to
get in shape - after all the weights training I've been doing, I found
waterskiing to be quite simple.

LM

On 2005-06-18, Larisa <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm doing lots of windsurfing and waterskiing these days, and since I'm
> a beginner at both, my muscles are pretty sore afterwards. I used to
> do a weights workout every other day, but is it a good idea to do
> weights on the same day as windsurfing/waterskiing? Or should I skip
> the weights on days when I waterski?

I'd do it every day. Your muscles won't be sore until the next day, so it
shouldn't have much impact on workouts you do the same day.

Cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

In article <[email protected]>,
"Larisa" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm doing lots of windsurfing and waterskiing these days, and since I'm
> a beginner at both, my muscles are pretty sore afterwards. I used to
> do a weights workout every other day, but is it a good idea to do
> weights on the same day as windsurfing/waterskiing? Or should I skip
> the weights on days when I waterski?
>
> Incidentally, I'm incredibly grateful to this group for inspiring me to
> get in shape - after all the weights training I've been doing, I found
> waterskiing to be quite simple.

It won't hurt to do weights along with other activies. You may find time
a problem, but if you feel like doing weights go ahead.

--
Keith