Weight Watchers AND Atkins

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Brian Worthey, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. i am trying this diet for this week and if i can't do it then i have decided
    to just cut back on most of the high carbs and contiune with weight
    watchers. i am not giving up on either right now and i am so far doing fine
    and i am eating enough and getting enough out of both diets.
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 02:47:36 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >No one has been putting you down at all, not that I have seen. We all
    are
    > >concerned as it appears you have been struggling with the new additional
    program.
    > >Low carbs can be incorporated into ww - but totally combining two
    programs, one
    > >with an entirely different set of extremes - is pretty scary on its own.
    We do
    > >want you to be successful and reach your goals, but we also want you to
    do it in a
    > >healthy manner. Weightloss is supposed to be for health benefits - our
    concerns
    > >have only been for you ... not against you.
    >
    > I agree with what Joyce said. We want you to succeed. My concern is that you are finding it
    > difficult. Atkins can give really good results, but it's a difficult path. I also understand that
    > working in a environment where food is available doesn't make it easier.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/209/182

  2. Dear Angie,

    I think we all agree with you. We are trying to support your journey as you try and support us.
    Don't let the harshness of others in other news groups affect your participation here. We all
    support your choices for finding out what works best for you. Continued good luck in this new year,
    Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Low carb diets are like any diet you go off of it and go back to your old life style and way of
    > eating then yes your going to gain the weight back. This is the same with weight watchers. you go
    > off program and what happens you gain the weight back. For me I am trying something new. I am only
    trying
    > it for a couple of weeks, if it doesn't work then i don't have to keep it up. i can just stick to
    > weight watchers. Doesn't mean that i am going to give this whole thing up because i can't do one
    > part of it. If I did that then I would not get anywhere in life , nobody would. It doesn't hurt to
    try
    > something. I am not giving up on weight watchers as it has helped me to
    lose
    > 30lb. infact i am still doing weight watchers. I am adding atkins to the
    mix
    > like i said to eat even a little more better than i already do. I have already given up most of
    > the things that i can't have on atkins even way before i started. so this is the extra boost that
    > i need to give
    up
    > the rest and to eat better. every has a choice to eat how they want and to live how they want to.
    > no one can make them change no matter how hard they try. also like has ben stated by other people
    > ow carb diets work for some and not for others. but a person has to find that out for themself
    > before they realize that it doesn't work. and just because it's not for them doesn't mean that it
    > doesn't work. angie "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s52...
    > > Ray,
    > >
    > > I did not intend to imply low-carb is a "fad" diet in and of itself and
    > > realize there are many people prone to carb intolerance and need low-carb--however, like fad-
    > > diets, in my experience, if you don't stick
    > with
    > > it, the weight all comes back eventually, this seems to hold true more
    for
    > > those who have lost great amounts of weight this way rather than 5 or 10 pounds. Later in the
    > > post I said you may keep the weight off longer
    than
    > > any "fad" diet but eventually, if my friend continues to eat like he
    used
    > > to, he will put back on the 5 pounds he lost--he will never be able to
    eat
    > > carbs like he used to again without gaining it back, he never ate much
    in
    > > the way of that stuff anyway and he may be a lucky one, others I know aren't.
    > >
    > > I believe whole-heartedly that people have to do what is right for them.
    > If
    > > low-carb is what is right, great, by all means do it. Unfortunately,
    the
    > > people I know who have done it have all done it for the wrong
    reasons--for
    > > the quick fix to lose a lot of weight (with the exception of my
    gentleman
    > > friend) and it doesn't work for them.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Janice
    > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    > >

    > > "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > weight
    > week
    > > of
    > lose
    > > and
    > > exercise
    > neice
    > > program
    > > >
    > > > When you do a low-carb diet you must go into ketosis. This means that you must deplete the
    > > > body's store of glycogen. You will lose around 10 pounds of bodyweight most of which is water
    > > > associated with the glycogen. When you come out of ketosis the glycogen store is replenished
    > > > and that 10 pounds or so comes back very quickly.
    > > >
    > > > The anecdotal stuff you have described above fits in well with this. Your gentleman friend
    > > > lost 5 pounds. If he was exercising it was probably mostly fat, so that was a good deal. Your
    > > > neice lost 10 pounds, even better.
    > > >
    > > > I'm not saying Atkins is good, or better, but it is an option for some people. It is a short
    > > > term diet rather than a long term WOE. To my mind if someone wants to get rid of 15 pounds
    > > > very fast, then Atkins is a good option. But people who do this must realize that they will
    > > > have to overshoot their target because they will gain a few pounds when they start eating
    > > > carbs again.

    > > life
    > > >
    > > > I'm not sure that Low-Carbing is a 'fad' diet. Yes it isn't one most people can stay on for
    > > > any length of time, but that doesn't mean it's not useful. It's different, not better or
    > > > worse.
    > > >
    > > > Ray
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

  3. Just Me

    Just Me Guest

    "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s51...
    > Jane,
    >
    > I used to be that way. A pound a week wasn't enough so I tried it all
    too!!
    > It took a new mind set about September

    That is the most important thing IMHO. If you have the right mindset and the right attitude you can
    achieve any amount of weightloss, without it you won;t stick to it long term.

    > Congratulations on your loss and continued success--doesn't it feel good
    > hear about a conversation like the one you heard!!!

    Thanks, It really gave me the boost I needed to get back on plan after a scary 9lb gain
    over christmas

    Jane

    > --
    > Janice
    > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    >

    > "Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > glfd.server.ntli.net...
    > > > I just worry about people who are looking for a quick fix because they want to lose the weight
    > > > "today".
    > >
    > > A FOAF was complaining to me the other day that "everyone else has got
    > this
    > > sickness bug except me" I asked why she was complaining and she told me "They're all losing
    > > weight without having to try"
    > >
    > > This is from the person who has tried every diet going - cabbage soup/WW/atkins etc. She sticks
    > > to them for about a week, loses a few
    > pounds
    > > then decides it's not quick enough and stops for a while before trying
    the
    > > next quick fix. She said to our mutual friend that she was jealous that
    > I've
    > > lost 60lb in the last year and she 'just can't'. She complained that the average loss of just
    > > over a 1lb a week wasn't quick enough for her.
    > >
    > > She was then asked "Well who's the one 60lb down and who's the one still moaning and weighing
    > > the same?"
    > >
    > > I felt very smug when my friend recounted the conversation to me!
    > >
    > > Jane

  4. the only reason i stated that is that it seems alot lately that no matter
    what i say on this news group or others i get put down for it.
    and as a kid growing up i have heard all the comments about being over
    weight or being teased because i am different so what if i am we all are
    different
    thats what make us special
    angie
    "Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was in no way implying you were looking for a quick fix, I hope I didn't upset you. Most of the
    > people I have 'met' through ASDWW seem to be really sensible.
    >
    > Jane
    >
    > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > i am not looking for any quick fixes i know that losing weight takes
    time
    > > ,and i am in no way rushing things i take them one day at a time. "Just Me"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > glfd.server.ntli.net...
    > > >
    > > > A FOAF was complaining to me the other day that "everyone else has got
    > > this
    > > > sickness bug except me" I asked why she was complaining and she told
    me
    > > > "They're all losing weight without having to try"
    > > >
    > > > This is from the person who has tried every diet going - cabbage soup/WW/atkins etc. She
    > > > sticks to them for about a week, loses a few
    > > pounds
    > > > then decides it's not quick enough and stops for a while before trying
    > the
    > > > next quick fix. She said to our mutual friend that she was jealous
    that
    > > I've
    > > > lost 60lb in the last year and she 'just can't'. She complained that
    the
    > > > average loss of just over a 1lb a week wasn't quick enough for her.
    > > >
    > > > She was then asked "Well who's the one 60lb down and who's the one
    still
    > > > moaning and weighing the same?"
    > > >
    > > > I felt very smug when my friend recounted the conversation to me!
    > > >
    > > > Jane

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I don't think that anyone has been putting you down for your attempts at Atkins. There are many here
    that have tried Atkins, myself included, and don't feel that it is a good choice of diet. We are
    just trying to let you know what some of the pitfalls of Atkins are.

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > the only reason i stated that is that it seems alot lately that no matter what i say on this news
    > group or others i get put down for it. and as a kid growing up i have heard all the comments about
    > being over weight or being teased because i am different so what if i am we all are different
    > thats what make us special angie "Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > winn.server.ntli.net...
    > > I was in no way implying you were looking for a quick fix, I hope I
    didn't
    > > upset you. Most of the people I have 'met' through ASDWW seem to be really
    sensible.

    > > Jane
    > >
    > > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > i am not looking for any quick fixes i know that losing weight takes
    > time
    > > > ,and i am in no way rushing things i take them one day at a time. "Just Me"
    > > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > > glfd.server.ntli.net...

    > > > this
    > me

    > > > pounds
    > > the
    > that
    > > > I've
    > the

    > still

  6. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Angie, please don't think I'm picking on you ... cuz I'm not, am only questioning. Were those
    original measurements taken just this past november ... like 6 weeks ago? If so, I'd love to know
    how the heck you lost 49 inches from just the hip area in that amount of time ... without having
    horribly sagging skin! I do wonder if you have the first set of numbers wrong though - since you say
    you have lost 30 pounds (which IS fantastic). I would think that amount of measurement difference
    would equate to a much larger weightloss - heck, you've lost 49 inches from your hips alone! At my
    heaviest point, 98 pounds ago, my hips were 46 - now at 130 are
    35.5. According to your stated measurements, you show a loss of 191 inches. All you have to do to
    figure this is to add all the measurements taken at each date, then subtract the two
    numbers. (Nov. 30 measurements = 417 inches, Jan 6 measurements = 226 inches). Regardless,
    congrats on the NSV!

    That is good logic though that you are using on the donut control. Sometimes knowing we do have to
    pay for an item will definitely change our way of thinking, as well as making the item much less
    attractive. I do hope this works for you!

    Joyce

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:18:41 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    > Resisting the things you like can be very difficult. Keep trying, you will succeed. Something
    > else to consider every time you are tempted is this SIG line someone used to use "Nothing tastes
    > as good, as being thin feels" food for though huh? Vanessa In OZ :) (273-212- goal 160)
    >
    > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... thank you for ur confidence. i have gone
    > without eating any donuts now for almost two days. tonight will be the altimate challenge when
    > i go to work. i know that i can do this. thanks again angie "Celtic Gal (Vanessa)"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Good luck
    > resisting those temptations Angela, cause it sure isn't easy. I am a carb addict, but I also
    > have an intolerance to bread,pasta etc. and when I eat it, my body swells up and I go into an
    > all out binge fest, carb, sugar, carb....... Have you tried really monitoring how you feel
    > after you eat just one cookie or doughnut? I bet you get cranky, feel tired and lose energy
    > (after the initial "High"). If you feel like this, then something has to "click" and you need
    > to work your butt off to get over the carbs calling your name <G>. I know it's hard, but it can
    > be done. Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160 to 140) "Anglea Woollcombe"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... i'm not the only one who has had a hard
    > start to atkins. i have heard of others. i have almost given up the things that i have been
    > having trouble with. i'm trying one more time tonight. at work. you try working where you r
    > tempted by so much, this is the final time i am retrying. i know that i can do weight watchers
    > i have lost 30lbs so far with it. i can do atkins just need to work at it. angie "ray miller"
    > <by[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:48 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >If someone can't follow the WW diet then how are they going to follow the Atkins
    > diet?
    > >
    > > I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    > >
    > > And Angela, You seem to be having a really hard time getting started on Atkins. If it's
    > > so hard is it really for you?
    > >
    > > AIUI on Atkins you must limit carbs to almost nothing for a week or so to change your
    > > metabolism to ketosis. Every time you eat too many carbs, your body comes out of ketosis
    > > and you are back to square one. Ketosis is the whole point of Atkins. If you can't get
    > > into ketosis and stay there it's pointless trying to cut out carbs.
    > >
    > > I like the idea of a balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more protein than 'normal' - 25-
    > > 30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the expense of fat rather than carbs.
    > >
    > > ATkins is not something I'd want to do for any length of time, and it's something I'd
    > > hate to do 'cos I'd have to give up rice and pasta (and squash, and potatoes, and ...)

  7. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:20:26 -0800, "Chrys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Angie, please don't think I'm picking on you ... cuz I'm not, am only
    >questioning.
    >> Were those original measurements taken just this past november ... like
    >6 weeks
    >> ago? If so, I'd love to know how the heck you lost 49 inches from just
    >the hip
    >> area in that amount of time ... without having horribly sagging skin! I
    >do wonder
    >> if you have the first set of numbers wrong though - since you say you
    >have lost 30
    >> pounds (which IS fantastic). I would think that amount of measurement
    >difference
    >> would equate to a much larger weightloss - heck, you've lost 49 inches
    >from your
    >> hips alone! At my heaviest point, 98 pounds ago, my hips were 46 - now
    >at 130 are
    >> 35.5. According to your stated measurements, you show a loss of 191
    >inches. All
    >> you have to do to figure this is to add all the measurements taken at
    >each date,
    >> then subtract the two numbers. (Nov. 30 measurements = 417 inches, Jan
    >6
    >> measurements = 226 inches). Regardless, congrats on the NSV!
    >
    >I think she must be using centimeters in one set of measurments, either that or was holding the
    >tape measure reversed. There's no way anyone could lose four feet off their measurements.

    I never thought of those possibilities. My guess would have to be the centimeters, only because my
    cloth tape measure only goes to 60 inches. <G> And my steel tape measures are impossible to get
    backwards. <G>

    Joyce

  8. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_09BC_01C3D533.B3E67860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    :)
    Good for you Angie! Did you survive the night at work? I sure hope so. I don't think I could. Maybe
    working at Subway would be better, LOL....... Seriously though, best of luck to you. Resisting the
    things you like can be very difficult. Keep trying, you will succeed. Something else to consider
    every time you are tempted is this SIG line = someone used to use "Nothing tastes as good, as being
    thin feels" food = for though huh?=20 Vanessa In OZ :) (273-212- goal 160)

> [...]
    >
    > AIUI on Atkins you must limit carbs to almost nothing for a week =
    or so
    > to change your metabolism to ketosis. Every time you eat too =
    many
    > carbs, your body comes out of ketosis and you are back to square =
    one.
    > Ketosis is the whole point of Atkins. If you can't get into =
    ketosis
    > and stay there it's pointless trying to cut out carbs.
    >
    > I like the idea of a balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more =
    protein
    > than 'normal' - 25-30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the expense =
    of fat
    > rather than carbs.
    >
    > ATkins is not something I'd want to do for any length of time, =
    and
    > it's something I'd hate to do 'cos I'd have to give up rice and =

    ------=_NextPart_000_09BC_01C3D533.B3E67860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>:)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good for you Angie!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Did you survive the night at = work? I sure=20 hope
    so.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I don't think I = could.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Maybe working at Subway would be = better,=20
    LOL.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Seriously though, best of luck = to=20 you.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Resisting the things you like = can be very=20
    difficult.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Keep trying, you will = succeed.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Something else to consider every =

    time you are tempted is this SIG line someone used to use <FONT=20
    color=3D#ff0000><STRONG><EM>"Nothing tastes as good, as being thin=20 feels"</EM></STRONG></FONT>
    food for though huh?</FONT> <BR>Vanessa = In OZ=20
    :)<BR>(273-212- goal 160)<BR></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-
    LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:hPkKb.2921$=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for ur confidence. i have = gone without=20 eating any
    donuts now for almost two days. tonight will be the = altimate=20 challenge when i go to work. i
    know that i can do this. thanks=20 again</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
    0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</=
    A>>=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good luck resisting those = temptations=20 Angela, cause it
    sure isn't easy.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I am a carb addict, but I = also have an=20 intolerance to
    bread,pasta etc. and when I eat it, my body swells=20 up and I go into an all out binge
    fest, carb, sugar,=20 carb.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Have you tried really = monitoring how you=20 feel after
    you eat just one cookie or doughnut? I bet you get = cranky, feel=20 tired and lose energy
    (after the initial "High"). If you feel like = this,=20 then something has to "click" and you
    need to work your butt off to = get over=20 the carbs calling your name
    <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I know it's hard, but it can = be=20 done.</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160 to =

    140)</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
    <DIV>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=
    =20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:rMCJb.20=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i'm=20 not the only one who has had a hard start
    to atkins. i have heard=20 of<BR>others. i have almost given up the things that i have been =
    having=20 trouble<BR>with. i'm trying one more time tonight. at work. you = try=20 working where you
    r<BR>tempted by so much,<BR> this is = the=20 final time i am retrying. i know that i
    can do weight<BR>watchers = i have=20 lost 30lbs so far with it. i can do atkins just need to
    work<BR>at =

    it.<BR>angie<BR>"ray miller" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=
    =20
    wrote in message<BR><A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:5krdvv0uido=
    [email protected]</A>...<BR>>=20 On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:48 GMT,
    "Laura" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>><BR>= >=20
    wrote:<BR>><BR>> >If someone<BR>> >can't follow the = WW diet=20 then how are they
    going to follow the = Atkins<BR>diet?<BR>><BR>> I=20 agree wholeheartedly with
    this.<BR>><BR>> And Angela, You = seem to be=20 having a really hard time getting
    started<BR>> on Atkins. If = it's so=20 hard is it really for you?<BR>><BR>> AIUI on Atkins
    you must = limit=20 carbs to almost nothing for a week or so<BR>> to change your = metabolism=20
    to ketosis. Every time you eat too many<BR>> carbs, your body = comes out=20 of ketosis and you
    are back to square one.<BR>> Ketosis is the = whole=20 point of Atkins. If you can't get into
    ketosis<BR>> and stay = there it's=20 pointless trying to cut out carbs.<BR>><BR>> I like
    the idea = of a=20 balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more protein<BR>> than = 'normal' -=20 25-
    30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the expense of fat<BR>> = rather than=20 carbs.<BR>><BR>>
    ATkins is not something I'd want to do for = any=20 length of time, and<BR>> it's something I'd
    hate to do 'cos I'd = have to=20 give up rice and pasta<BR>> (and squash, and potatoes, and=20
    ...)<BR>><BR>> Ray<BR>> --<BR>> rmnsuk<BR>> overall = -=20
    =
    273/210/182<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_09BC_01C3D533.B3E67860--

  9. Chrys

    Chrys Guest

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Angie, please don't think I'm picking on you ... cuz I'm not, am only
    questioning.
    > Were those original measurements taken just this past november ... like
    6 weeks
    > ago? If so, I'd love to know how the heck you lost 49 inches from just
    the hip
    > area in that amount of time ... without having horribly sagging skin! I
    do wonder
    > if you have the first set of numbers wrong though - since you say you
    have lost 30
    > pounds (which IS fantastic). I would think that amount of measurement
    difference
    > would equate to a much larger weightloss - heck, you've lost 49 inches
    from your
    > hips alone! At my heaviest point, 98 pounds ago, my hips were 46 - now
    at 130 are
    > 35.5. According to your stated measurements, you show a loss of 191
    inches. All
    > you have to do to figure this is to add all the measurements taken at
    each date,
    > then subtract the two numbers. (Nov. 30 measurements = 417 inches, Jan
    6
    > measurements = 226 inches). Regardless, congrats on the NSV!

    I think she must be using centimeters in one set of measurments, either that or was holding the tape
    measure reversed. There's no way anyone could lose four feet off their measurements.

  10. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    > >I think she must be using centimeters in one set of measurments, either that or was holding the
    > >tape measure reversed. There's no way anyone could lose four feet off their measurements.
    >
    > I never thought of those possibilities. My guess would have to be the centimeters, only because my
    > cloth tape measure only goes to 60 inches. <G> And my steel tape measures are impossible to get
    > backwards. <G>
    >
    > Joyce

    I have two cloth tapes that run to 120". Very useful for measuring garment length on tall customers!
    Especially on people like my nearly 6 ft tall sister, who had a demi train on her last party frock!

    As for going round bigger customers... Well, they are good for that too! Taping two together seems
    cruel, somehow. The metal ones are ok for measuring carpets and curtains!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0309_01C3D5C0.06B38010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    still working on not eating the donuts. i am hopefully going to changing = to shift work so it will
    get better , because there is mangement on and = they make u pay for things. while u work. so
    knowing that i have to pay = for every donut that i eat then i won't eat them. hey maybe i should =
    start thinking that way now. it might help. i am working an evening = shift tomorrow night instead
    of an over night so i'll do better = tomorrow. keep your fingures crossed. also i like your saying.
    i'll have = to write that one in my journal.=20 i had an NSV yesterday. I measured myself which i
    hadn't done since = nov 30 and there is a big change there.=20

[...]

    good, as being thin feels" food = for though huh?=20 Vanessa In OZ :) (273-212- goal 160)

    ------=_NextPart_000_0309_01C3D5C0.06B38010 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>still working on not eating the donuts. = i am=20 hopefully going
    to changing to shift work so it will get better , = because=20 there is mangement on and
    they make u pay for things. while u work. so = knowing=20 that i have to pay for every donut
    that i eat then i won't eat them. hey = maybe i=20 should start thinking that way now. it might
    help. i am working an = evening shift=20 tomorrow night instead of an over night so i'll do
    better tomorrow. keep = your=20 fingures crossed. also i like your saying. i'll have to write
    that one = in my=20 journal. </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> i had an NSV yesterday. I = measured myself=20 which i
    hadn't done since nov 30 and there is a big change there. = </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Measurements taken Nov = 30</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> hips 85 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>chest 81 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> waist 95 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> uper arms left 27=20 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2> &nbs=
    p; right =20 27 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> = thighs =20 left 51
    inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2> &nbs=
    p; =20 right 51 inches</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-
    RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-
    RIGHT: 0px">
    <> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jan 6/04</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>measurements:</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hips 36 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>chest 35 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>waist 35 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thighs right 50 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2> =20
    left 50 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>arms = left 10=20 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    =
    size=3D2> &nbs= p;right =20 10
    inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am trying to figure out how many = inches i have=20 lost but am
    not sure how to any one have any ideas or can figure = this=20 out for me would be great
    full</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>:)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good for you = Angie!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Did you survive the night at = work? I sure=20 hope
    so.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I don't think I = could.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Maybe working at Subway would = be better,=20
    LOL.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Seriously though, best of luck = to=20 you.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Resisting the things you like = can be very=20
    difficult.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Keep trying, you will=20 succeed.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Something else to consider = every=20 time you are
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:hPkKb.2921$=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for ur confidence. i have = gone=20 without eating any
    donuts now for almost two days. tonight will be = the=20 altimate challenge when i go to work.
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good luck resisting those = temptations=20 Angela, cause
    it sure isn't easy.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I am a carb addict, but I = also have an=20 intolerance
    to bread,pasta etc. and when I eat it, my body swells=20 up and I go into an all out
    binge fest, carb, sugar,=20 carb.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Have you tried really = monitoring how=20 you feel after
    you eat just one cookie or doughnut? I bet you get = cranky,=20 feel tired and lose energy
    (after the initial "High"). If you feel = like=20 this, then something has to "click" and
    you need to work your butt = off to=20 get over the carbs calling your name
    <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I know it's hard, but it = can be=20 done.</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160 = to=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:rMCJb.20=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i'm=20 not the only one who has had a hard start
    to atkins. i have = heard=20 of<BR>others. i have almost given up the things that i have been =
    having=20 trouble<BR>with. i'm trying one more time tonight. at work. you = try=20 working where you
    r<BR>tempted by so much,<BR> this = is the=20 final time i am retrying. i know that i
    can do = weight<BR>watchers i have=20 lost 30lbs so far with it. i can do atkins just need to =
    work<BR>at=20 it.<BR>angie<BR>"ray miller" <<A=20
    =
    wrote in message<BR><A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:5krdvv0uido=
    [email protected]</A>...<BR>>=20 On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:48 GMT,
    "Laura" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>><BR>= >=20
    wrote:<BR>><BR>> >If someone<BR>> >can't follow = the WW=20 diet then how are they
    going to follow the=20 Atkins<BR>diet?<BR>><BR>> I agree wholeheartedly with=20
    this.<BR>><BR>> And Angela, You seem to be having a really = hard=20 time getting
    started<BR>> on Atkins. If it's so hard is it = really for=20 you?<BR>><BR>> AIUI on Atkins
    you must limit carbs to = almost=20 nothing for a week or so<BR>> to change your metabolism to =
    ketosis.=20 Every time you eat too many<BR>> carbs, your body comes out = of=20 ketosis and you
    are back to square one.<BR>> Ketosis is the = whole=20 point of Atkins. If you can't get into
    ketosis<BR>> and stay = there=20 it's pointless trying to cut out carbs.<BR>><BR>> I like =
    the idea=20 of a balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more protein<BR>> = than=20 'normal' - 25-
    30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the expense of=20 fat<BR>> rather than carbs.<BR>><BR>>
    ATkins is not = something=20 I'd want to do for any length of time, and<BR>> it's = something
    I'd=20 hate to do 'cos I'd have to give up rice and pasta<BR>> (and = squash,=20 and potatoes,
    and ...)<BR>><BR>> Ray<BR>> --<BR>>=20 rmnsuk<BR>> overall -=20
    =
    273/210/182<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></=
    BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0309_01C3D5C0.06B38010--

  12. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_052A_01C3D649.BBDC75D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Hi Angie :) This is fantastic! You must be doing something right to have lost all those inches. =
    Congrats!!! Do you have Excel program? I can do a spreadsheet for you... Vanessa In OZ :) Overall
    (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160)

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]il.com> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... still working on not eating the donuts. i am
[...]

    "Nothing tastes as good, as being thin feels" = food for though huh?=20 Vanessa In OZ :)
    (273-212- goal 160)

[...]
    to 140) "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in = message

    ------=_NextPart_000_052A_01C3D649.BBDC75D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie :)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>This is fantastic!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>You must be doing something = right to have=20 lost all
    those inches. Congrats!!!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Do you have Excel = program?</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I can do a spreadsheet for=20 you...</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal 160)</DIV>
    <> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
    LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:bNcLb.70=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>still working on not eating the = donuts. i am=20 hopefully going to
    changing to shift work so it will get better = ,=20 because there is mangement on and they
    make u pay for things. while u = work. so=20 knowing that i have to pay for every donut that i
    eat then i won't eat = them.=20 hey maybe i should start thinking that way now. it might help. i
    am = working an=20 evening shift tomorrow night instead of an over night so i'll do = better=20
    tomorrow. keep your fingures crossed. also i like your saying. i'll = have to=20 write that one
    in my journal. </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> i had an NSV yesterday. I = measured myself=20 which i hadn't
    done since nov 30 and there is a big change there.=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Measurements taken Nov = 30</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> hips 85 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>chest 81 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> waist 95 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> uper arms left 27=20 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    =
    size=3D2> &nbs=
    p; right =20 27 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> = thighs =20 left 51
    inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    =
    size=3D2> &nbs= p; =20
    right 51 inches</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-
[...]
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am trying to figure out how many = inches i=20 have lost but am
    not sure how to any one have any ideas or can = figure=20 this out for me would be great
    full</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>:)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good for you = Angie!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Did you survive the night at = work? I=20 sure hope
    so.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I don't think I = could.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Maybe working at Subway = would be better,=20
    LOL.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Seriously though, best of = luck to=20 you.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Resisting the things you = like can be=20 very
    difficult.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Keep trying, you will=20 succeed.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Something else to consider = every=20 time you are
    tempted is this SIG line someone used to use <FONT =

    color=3D#ff0000><STRONG><EM>"Nothing tastes as good, as being thin=20
    feels"</EM></STRONG></FONT> food for though = huh?</FONT> <BR>Vanessa In=20 OZ :)<BR>(273-212-
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:hPkKb.2921$=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you for ur confidence. i = have gone=20 without eating any
    donuts now for almost two days. tonight will be = the=20 altimate challenge when i go to
    work. i know that i can do this. = thanks=20 again</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-
    RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-
    RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</=
    A>>=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good luck resisting = those=20 temptations Angela,
    cause it sure isn't easy.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I am a carb addict, but = I also have=20 an intolerance
    to bread,pasta etc. and when I eat it, my body = swells=20 up and I go into an all
    out binge fest, carb, sugar,=20 carb.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Have you tried really = monitoring how=20 you feel
    after you eat just one cookie or doughnut? I bet you = get=20 cranky, feel tired and lose
    energy (after the initial "High"). = If you=20 feel like this, then something has to
    "click" and you need to = work your=20 butt off to get over the carbs calling your name =
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:rMCJb.20=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i'm=20 not the only one who has had a hard start
    to atkins. i have = heard=20 of<BR>others. i have almost given up the things that i have = been=20
    having trouble<BR>with. i'm trying one more time tonight. at = work. you=20 try working where you
    r<BR>tempted by so much,<BR> = this is=20 the final time i am retrying. i know that i
    can do = weight<BR>watchers=20 i have lost 30lbs so far with it. i can do atkins just need to =

    wrote in message<BR><A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:5krdvv0uido=
    [email protected]</A>...<BR>>=20 On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:48 GMT,
    "Laura" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>><BR>= >=20
    wrote:<BR>><BR>> >If someone<BR>> >can't follow = the WW=20 diet then how are they
    going to follow the=20 Atkins<BR>diet?<BR>><BR>> I agree wholeheartedly with=20
    this.<BR>><BR>> And Angela, You seem to be having a = really hard=20 time getting
    started<BR>> on Atkins. If it's so hard is it = really=20 for you?<BR>><BR>> AIUI on Atkins
    you must limit carbs = to almost=20 nothing for a week or so<BR>> to change your metabolism to =
    ketosis.=20 Every time you eat too many<BR>> carbs, your body comes out = of=20 ketosis and you
    are back to square one.<BR>> Ketosis is the = whole=20 point of Atkins. If you can't get into
    ketosis<BR>> and = stay there=20 it's pointless trying to cut out carbs.<BR>><BR>> I like =
    the=20 idea of a balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more = protein<BR>>=20 than 'normal' - 25-
    30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the = expense of=20 fat<BR>> rather than carbs.<BR>><BR>>
    ATkins is not = something=20 I'd want to do for any length of time, and<BR>> it's = something
    I'd=20 hate to do 'cos I'd have to give up rice and pasta<BR>> = (and=20 squash, and potatoes,
    and ...)<BR>><BR>> Ray<BR>> = --<BR>>=20 rmnsuk<BR>> overall -=20
    =
    273/210/182<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></=
    BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_052A_01C3D649.BBDC75D0--

  13. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D5BD.5DAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Angie,

    I believe you just subtract the ending number from the starting number = to get your individual
    total then add the totals together--if I'm wrong = someone correct me. EX: Hips 85-36=3D49 inches
    lost, Chest 81-35=3D46 = inches lost, total for the two=3D95 inches. That seems like a lot of =
    inches for only a little over a month, I might be doing this = wrong--either way if I'm doing it
    wrong or not, that's great, = congratulations!!!

    --=20 Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D5BD.5DAC1600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I believe you just subtract the ending = number from=20 the
    starting number to get your individual total then add the totals=20 together--if I'm wrong
    someone correct me. EX: Hips 85-36=3D49 = inches lost,=20 Chest 81-35=3D46 inches lost,
    total for the two=3D95 inches. That = seems like a=20 lot of inches for only a little
    over a month, I might be doing this=20 wrong--either way if I'm doing it wrong or not, that's
    great,=20 congratulations!!!</FONT></DIV>
    <><BR>-- <BR>Janice<BR>263/252/150 (maybe 130)</DIV>
    <> </DIV>
    =

    =
    =
    =

    wrote in message<BR><A=20
    =
[...]
    263/253/182<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></=
    BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3D5BD.5DAC1600--

  14. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0450_01C3D5D4.80BBF310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    no i don't unfortunatly. not sure were to get it or if i could down load = it from some where. any
    ideas. it makes me fell better seeing that i = have lost at least some where. would be nice if the
    weight would start = to go again

    news:[email protected]... Hi Angie :) This is fantastic! You must be doing something

    ------=_NextPart_000_0450_01C3D5D4.80BBF310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>no i don't unfortunatly. not sure were = to get it or=20 if i could
    down load it from some where. any ideas. it makes me fell = better=20 seeing that i have lost
    at least some where. would be nice if the = weight =20 would start to go
    again</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie :)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>This is = fantastic!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>You must be doing something = right to have=20 lost all
    those inches. Congrats!!!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Do you have Excel = program?</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I can do a spreadsheet for=20 you...</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 212- Goal =
    160)</DIV>
    <DIV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:bNcLb.70=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>still working on not eating the = donuts. i am=20 hopefully going
    to changing to shift work so it will get = better ,=20 because there is mangement on and
    they make u pay for things. while = u work.=20 so knowing that i have to pay for every donut
    that i eat then i = won't eat=20 them. hey maybe i should start thinking that way now. it
    might help. = i am=20 working an evening shift tomorrow night instead of an over night so =
    i'll do=20 better tomorrow. keep your fingures crossed. also i like your = saying. i'll=20
    have to write that one in my journal. </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> i had an NSV yesterday. I = measured=20 myself which i
    hadn't done since nov 30 and there is a big change = there.=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Measurements taken Nov = 30</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> hips 85 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>chest 81 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> waist 95 = inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> uper arms left 27 =

    inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    =
    size=3D2> &nbs=
    p; right =20 27 inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> =20 thighs left 51
    inches</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial=20
    =
[...]
    am not sure how to any one have any ideas or = can=20 figure this out for me would be
    great full</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>:)</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good for you = Angie!</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Did you survive the night = at work? I=20 sure hope
    so.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I don't think I = could.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Maybe working at Subway = would be=20 better,
    LOL.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Seriously though, best of = luck to=20 you.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Resisting the things you = like can be=20 very
    difficult.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Keep trying, you will=20 succeed.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Something else to consider = every=20 time you are
    tempted is this SIG line someone used to use = <FONT=20 color=3D#ff0000><STRONG><EM>"Nothing
    tastes as good, as being thin =

    feels"</EM></STRONG></FONT> food for though = huh?</FONT> <BR>Vanessa=20 In OZ :)<BR>(273-212-
    =
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Good luck resisting = those=20 temptations Angela,
    cause it sure isn't easy.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>I am a carb addict, = but I also=20 have an
    intolerance to bread,pasta etc. and when I eat it, my = body=20 swells up and I go
    into an all out binge fest, carb, = sugar,=20 carb.......</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Have you tried really = monitoring=20 how you feel
    after you eat just one cookie or doughnut? I bet = you get=20 cranky, feel tired and
    lose energy (after the initial "High"). = If you=20 feel like this, then something has
    to "click" and you need to = work=20 your butt off to get over the carbs calling your
    name=20 <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:rMCJb.20=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i'm=20 not the only one who has had a hard start
    to atkins. i have = heard=20 of<BR>others. i have almost given up the things that i have = been=20
    having trouble<BR>with. i'm trying one more time tonight. at = work.=20 you try working where you
    r<BR>tempted by so = much,<BR> =20 this is the final time i am retrying. i know that i
    can do=20 weight<BR>watchers i have lost 30lbs so far with it. i can = do atkins=20 just need to
    wrote in message<BR><A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:5krdvv0uido=
    [email protected]</A>...<BR>>=20 On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:48 GMT,
    "Laura" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>><BR>= >=20
    wrote:<BR>><BR>> >If someone<BR>> >can't = follow the=20 WW diet then how are they
    going to follow the=20 Atkins<BR>diet?<BR>><BR>> I agree wholeheartedly with=20
    this.<BR>><BR>> And Angela, You seem to be having a = really=20 hard time getting
    started<BR>> on Atkins. If it's so hard = is it=20 really for you?<BR>><BR>> AIUI on Atkins
    you must = limit carbs=20 to almost nothing for a week or so<BR>> to change your = metabolism=20
    to ketosis. Every time you eat too many<BR>> carbs, your = body=20 comes out of ketosis and you
    are back to square one.<BR>> = Ketosis=20 is the whole point of Atkins. If you can't get into =
    ketosis<BR>>=20 and stay there it's pointless trying to cut out=20 carbs.<BR>><BR>> I like
    the idea of a balanced diet, = but maybe=20 with a bit more protein<BR>> than 'normal' - 25-30% =
    instead of=20 20%, hopefully at the expense of fat<BR>> rather than=20 carbs.<BR>><BR>>
    ATkins is not something I'd want to = do for=20 any length of time, and<BR>> it's something I'd
    hate to = do 'cos=20 I'd have to give up rice and pasta<BR>> (and squash, and=20 potatoes, and
    ...)<BR>><BR>> Ray<BR>> --<BR>>=20 rmnsuk<BR>> overall -=20
    =
    273/210/182<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></=
    BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0450_01C3D5D4.80BBF310--

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:22:48 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> >I think she must be using centimeters in one set of measurments, either that or was holding the
    >> >tape measure reversed. There's no way anyone could lose four feet off their measurements.
    >>
    >> I never thought of those possibilities. My guess would have to be the centimeters, only because
    >> my cloth tape measure only goes to 60 inches. <G> And my steel tape measures are impossible to
    >> get backwards. <G>
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >> >

    >I have two cloth tapes that run to 120". Very useful for measuring garment length on tall
    >customers! Especially on people like my nearly 6 ft tall sister, who had a demi train on her last
    >party frock!
    >
    >As for going round bigger customers... Well, they are good for that too! Taping two together seems
    >cruel, somehow. The metal ones are ok for measuring carpets and curtains!

    Ahhhhh, you are soooo right - I forgot all about the longer tapes for seamstresses. My mom used to
    have one also. I tend to just buy what is easily found at wal-mart type stores ... 60 inches and
    cheap. But then, I don't really need anything better! I would hate to have someone tape two measures
    together if attempting to measure me. Very cruel indeed!

    Thank you for correcting me though, I do appreciate it

    Joyce

  16. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    >> >I have two cloth tapes that run to 120". Very useful for measuring garment length on tall
    >> >customers! Especially on people like my nearly 6 ft tall sister, who had a demi train on her
    >> >last party frock!
    >> >
    >> >As for going round bigger customers... Well, they are good for that too! Taping two together
    >> >seems cruel, somehow. The metal ones are ok for measuring carpets and curtains!
    >>
    >> Ahhhhh, you are soooo right - I forgot all about the longer tapes for seamstresses. My mom used
    >> to have one also. I tend to just buy what is easily found at wal-mart type stores ... 60 inches
    >> and cheap. But then, I don't really need anything better! I would hate to have someone tape two
    >> measures together if attempting to measure me. Very cruel indeed!
    >>
    >> Thank you for correcting me though, I do appreciate it
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >
    >I got one of mine several years ago, but the new one is really dinky: it's a retractable one in a
    >purple and pink case, and part of my son's Christmas present to me. Small enough and light enough
    >to keep in my handbag!

    Ya know, I just might have to look for a longer tape. I don't do much sewing anymore, but when I do
    it usually is in the form of tablecloths or curtains ... where a longer tape would definitely be
    more useful. I had a small/short retractable tape for my purse, dang thing seems to be hiding from
    me these days.
    <G>

    Joyce

  17. i actually measured wrong. i remeasured and i have however lost but will use
    my new measurements and the redo it again in a couple of weeks.
    angie
> [...]
    > > >
    > > > AIUI on Atkins you must limit carbs to almost nothing for a
    week or so
    > > > to change your metabolism to ketosis. Every time you eat too
    many
    > > > carbs, your body comes out of ketosis and you are back to
    square one.
    > > > Ketosis is the whole point of Atkins. If you can't get into
    ketosis
    > > > and stay there it's pointless trying to cut out carbs.
    > > >
    > > > I like the idea of a balanced diet, but maybe with a bit more
    protein
    > > > than 'normal' - 25-30% instead of 20%, hopefully at the expense
    of fat
    > > > rather than carbs.
    > > >
    > > > ATkins is not something I'd want to do for any length of time,
    and
    > > > it's something I'd hate to do 'cos I'd have to give up rice and

  18. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest