Weight Watchers

NHS67

Guest
Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help anyone
who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help

mary

This is NOT an OFFICIAL WW group but a group of folks who in the main follow the WW program. Some
officially go to WW meetings, some use the online or at-home tools provided officially by WW and
some just follow the program on their own, having purchased the materials or borrowed them but have
no official connection to WW.

And, YES, WW can help people who need to lose that much or more and some folks here have lost that
much. You have to be willing to work at the program. You have to be ready to lose that weight.

Good luck to you or whoever is interested.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:43:46 -0500 (EST), [email protected] wrote:

>Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help anyone
>who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
>mary

Yep, my total loss to date from the most I ever weighed is 207 pounds. I know several people who
have taken off more than 150 with WW. And the really cool thing, is that I have been AT a normal
weight for 6 months now, and feel as if I have learned how to stay here. !!

[email protected] wrote:
> Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help
> anyone who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
> mary

Welcome Mary!! Yep this is a support group about Weight Watchers but noone from the weight watchers
company is here. WW can help you lose 150 lbs, there are people here who have been helped to about
that number.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/202/155 RAFL 210.5/202/198.5

[email protected] wrote:

> Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help
> anyone who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
> mary

This group is mostly peopled by WW folk, but supports anyone who wants to lose sensibly. Welcome!

150 lbs is a lot to lose, and WW will certainly do their best to help if you join, either a local
meeting or on line. I'm sure there are folk here who have either done that or started such a
journey, and will help you all they can. Good luck.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Hi Mary. As the others said, this isn't an official Weight Watchers group, but all of us here
believe that the program (or something like it) will help you lose any amount of weight you want.
Just ask Ray Miller who has lost a whole person (somewhere around the 230lb mark!) so far.

Here's the official (or as official as it gets) Welcome Notice so you can learn a bit more about
what we're about.

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
(Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
used on the day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

> Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help
> anyone who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
> mary

welcome to the group, look at the signatures in the posts you will see what
many of us have lost, good luck, Lee
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help
> anyone who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
> mary

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is this a support group from Weight Watchers. If so, do you know if Weight Watchers can help
> anyone who needs to lose l50 pounds. Thank you for your help
>
> mary

This group though not "official" is great.. I had 150lbs to lose.. Now I have 130lbs.. In 7 weeks I
have lost 30lbs... I have found the programme really easy to follow.. I have even being losing
weight with having a glass of red wine with dinner atleast twice a week.. As well, the rare
slice/piece of chocolate.. So, if you need support, the great people in this newsgroup are just what
you need in combination with the weight watchers programme (omg I could be an ad for WW)..
--
Kelly in Oz
133.5/124.3/65kgs