weight

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by herrturtur, Feb 26, 2005.

  1. herrturtur

    herrturtur Guest

    Hi!

    Please help me in the following matter:

    I am a very motivated triathlon newcomer. I am 36 years old and 1,95 m
    tall. But my weight is meanwhile 65 kg.
    What do i eat? fruit, vegetables, "Vollkornbrot", müsli, pasta,
    kartoffel, cheese, joghurt.

    I want to push up the weight but with the help of vegetarian healthy
    food to increase the amount of muscles instead of fat.

    Thanks in advance for advices and plans!

    kind regards

    Karsten Hoermann

    Tags:

  2. Burak Ilter

    Burak Ilter Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Please help me in the following matter:
    >
    > I am a very motivated triathlon newcomer. I am 36 years old and 1,95 m
    > tall. But my weight is meanwhile 65 kg.
    > What do i eat? fruit, vegetables, "Vollkornbrot", müsli, pasta,
    > kartoffel, cheese, joghurt.
    >
    > I want to push up the weight but with the help of vegetarian healthy
    > food to increase the amount of muscles instead of fat.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advices and plans!
    >
    > kind regards
    >
    > Karsten Hoermann

    wow! that's thin. I am no vegetarian but there had been threads on
    vegetarian nutriton for triathlons on this group. I suggest, you google
    this group for vegetarian nutrition or the like. You can even get some
    books on nutrition written with focusing on sports and exercise.

    But the key idea is eating a normal proportion of fats, proteins and
    carbohydrates (most of the suggestions are like 20-25% fat, %15 protein,
    60% carbs, but do not take this as a rule please). If you want to gain
    weight, you should at least eat enough to meet your daily needs and to
    gain some muscle you should do some weight routine.

    Please keep in mind that when you start training for a triathlon your
    energy needs increase in a great amount, and you should adjust your
    daily food intake accordingly.

    HTH,

    --
    Burak
    please remove Dot NOREPLY Dot to reply

  3. Dave Mills

    Dave Mills Guest

    Tofu, weight training, Tofu, weight training, Tofu, weight training.
    Plus increased calories (Pasta, Pasta, Pasta, fruit, vegatables, Hagan
    Daas) Suppliment with Whey Protein in Soy milk.