weights

Tom G

Guest
This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.

I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.

Tom

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:22:17 +0200, "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:

>This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
>improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.
>
>I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.
>
>Tom

I've done a couple of years now with weights. So far I've only seen minimal improvement
compared to the improvement from riding alone. But every little bit helps.

~Matt

Lunges are a great leg exercise that is often under utilized I also do "good mornings" for lower
back flexibility. Legs about shoulder width apart a bar across the shoulders. Lean forward keeping
your back straight and pushing your butt outward. Power cleans are a great way to work on explosive
power in the quads/hip flexors. I also do squats and stiff leg deadlifts. I only do about 2 or 3 of
these exercise each workout. I go every third day, and will probably taper down to one or two a week
later in the season.

"Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
> improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.
>
> I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.
>
> Tom

I lift twice a week, doing full body exercises, e.g. squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, and military
presses as well as core body exercises. I think lifting is more important for preventing
imbalance and because I'm occassionally called upon to do something other than just swimming,
biking, and running.

Just my two cents.