weights

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Tom G, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Tom G

    Tom G Guest

    This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
    improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.

    I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.

    Tom

    Tags:

  2. MJuric

    MJuric Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:22:17 +0200, "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
    >improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.
    >
    >I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.
    >
    >Tom

    I've done a couple of years now with weights. So far I've only seen minimal improvement
    compared to the improvement from riding alone. But every little bit helps.

    ~Matt

  3. Lunges are a great leg exercise that is often under utilized I also do "good mornings" for lower
    back flexibility. Legs about shoulder width apart a bar across the shoulders. Lean forward keeping
    your back straight and pushing your butt outward. Power cleans are a great way to work on explosive
    power in the quads/hip flexors. I also do squats and stiff leg deadlifts. I only do about 2 or 3 of
    these exercise each workout. I go every third day, and will probably taper down to one or two a week
    later in the season.

    "Tom G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > This winter I added two days of weight training to my regular aerobic work and have found a great
    > improvement, especially in my biking in break away power and hill climbing.
    >
    > I'm curious to know who else seriously uses weight training and which exercises.
    >
    > Tom

  4. noone

    noone Guest

    I lift twice a week, doing full body exercises, e.g. squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, and military
    presses as well as core body exercises. I think lifting is more important for preventing
    imbalance and because I'm occassionally called upon to do something other than just swimming,
    biking, and running.

    Just my two cents.