Weinmann 610 bolt thread?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pete Biggs, May 22, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Does the 610 brake caliper use a metric thread for its mounting bolt? What size?

    Thanks in advance ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs asked:

    > Does the 610 brake caliper use a metric thread for its mounting bolt?

    Yep.

    > What size?

    All brake calipers made in the last 30 years use the same 6 x 1 mm ("M6") threading.

    All cantilever brakes also use this threading.

    Sheldon "Ubiquity" Brown +----------------------------------------------+
    | Music expresses that which cannot be said | and on which it is impossible to be silent. |
    | --Victor Hugo |
    +----------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > Does the 610 brake caliper use a metric thread for its mounting bolt? What size?

    M6x1., same as the pivot bolts. Use a Nylock nut for the mount to the bicycle.

  4. "A Muzi" <[email protected]> writes:

    >"Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Does the 610 brake caliper use a metric thread for its mounting bolt? What size?

    >M6x1., same as the pivot bolts. Use a Nylock nut for the mount to the bicycle.
    >--
    >Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

    What if i want want weinmann 610 mounting bolts ?? i imagine that it would be pretty difficult to
    find chrome bolts 2-3' long, mostly un-threaded, with a "waterbottle" shaped cylinder head with no
    scoring for a screwdriver ... where can i find such replacement parts ?? thanx,

    - don

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Donald Gillies" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > What if i want want weinmann 610 mounting bolts ?? i imagine that it would be pretty difficult to
    > find chrome bolts 2-3' long, mostly un-threaded, with a "waterbottle" shaped cylinder head with no
    > scoring for a screwdriver ... where can i find such replacement parts ?? thanx,

    We have those, as will most competent bicycle shops which service bicycles. Weinmann 1041 front,
    1045 rear. These numbers are also used by the aftermarket suppliers.