Weird Dreams?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Susimi, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

I've not long woken up from a pretty weird and down right crazy dream.

Think of the stuff that happens in the movie 2012. It was like that but sort of ramped up, as in the Earths atmosphere was slowly disappearing as well as the gravitational pull and to put the cherry on the cake, the whole planet was beginning to split in two. All the while I and a group of other people were trying to make it to a destination where everything would be safe.

That must be the craziest dream/nightmare I've had in a long while :wacko:

Got any really weird dreams that you had? Would love to read about them!

Tags:

2. Tuebec

Tuebec New Member

I have a few recurring dreams: always the same location, Im always the same person, but that person isn't me, and in each of these dream worlds the surroundings are the same as every other time I've had the dream, but I get up to different adventures. It's very bizarre.

Damien Lee likes this.
  3. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

That sounds like a pretty interesting set of dreams you have. How do you view them? Do you view them in like a third person mode or is it from a first-person perspective?

4. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

Yeah, I seem to be having a lot of recurring dreams lately. The environments are very similar from dream to dream. They resemble my home town but things are a bit out of place. I've noticed most of my dreams are taking place during night cycles, typically they would play out during the day. I'm also out and about on some weird adventure. Fortunately nothing nightmarish or freakish. Most of the folks I encounter in my dreams seem to be friendly.

5. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

Now that you mentioned recurring dreams it made me remember an element of my dreams that seems to be recurring a lot and that is my old house that I grew up in as a kid. It's been present in a couple of dreams I remember having.

Weird stuff.

6. Keyan

Keyan Member

I can not recall the weirdest dream I had. Most of them are simple everyday life dreams that are reflective of my wishes being fulfilled in the dream. It could be meeting a person that I lost contact with or being in a situation that I hoped for that was it.

7. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

My dreams are always strange, but the weirdest ones are those in which I fly. It's a pretty amazing feeling to be flying around, but I really don't know why we keep dreaming with things that aren't real. Eventually too many movies? :)

8. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of flying dreams.

One was I walked outside the house at night and started flying around 3 or 4 thousand feet going over land, buildings, cities, then a large body of water, then land where it had gone from dark to dusk during the trip, and the place looked cold but I couldn't feel it. I landed on a street with people apparently just going to work wearing old looking, not worn just dated compared to fashions worn in America. I saw some people going into a subway so I went down into the subway with them and rode an escalator down where I looked around and the "dream" stopped. That was about 1967 or 68, fast forward to 1994, I went to Moscow to adopt my daughter, I had to travel by subway to get to certain areas fast, when I entered it I almost fell over, it was the exact same subway just the time was different with updated attire!! This dream took place late winter in America, in Moscow late winter light from the sun is just a dusk looking light, I went there to get my daughter in the summer where it was light for about 20 hours and dusk for about 4 hours, so in the dream I went there in a different time of the year then when I went there physically, but the dream was the time I was physically dreaming it.

Funny thing about these flying dreams they all sort of stopped about the time I reached 20's, but I did have a weird one involving my adopted Russian daughter after she was diagnosed with schizophrenia and some violent tendencies and much past my 20's. I was sleeping on the sofa in the living room because she would get up in the middle of the night and do all sorts of weird stuff, this one night I woke up and saw her go into the kitchen and not turn on the lights and she started to fumble around in the knife drawer, I asked what she was doing but she didn't answer me, so I told her to go to bed, no response, as if she didn't know I was there nor could hear me, so I commanded her in my drill sergeant voice to go to bed then she turned around and went to bed never saying anything to me. So I went back to the sofa only to see myself laying on the sofa!!! HUH? I had a feeling of panic come on me so I laid down over myself. The next day I asked my daughter if she had seen me when she got up and went into the kitchen, she was surprised and nervous that I had known she was in the kitchen but she never saw me or heard me.

I have other weird ones too, but those two are enough for now, I doubt the others any of you would believe either.

So when someone asks me if I believe in life after death, yup without a doubt, something was going on with those "dreams" and I think when young people have those it may be God's way of communicating to us that something is going on beyond this physical world and He reveals it to us on occasion, it's like for a moment the veil of the spirit world is open and we enter it for a brief while then come back, but some day that won't be for a brief while. Corny sounding huh?

9. sunshiney

sunshiney Member

I never remember my dreams, but it's probably for the best because according to my boyfriend I always seem like I'm having nightmares :unsure: Ever since I started taking sleeping pills I don't remember my dreams, but I still wake up with the sense that they were weird and scary. I think it's a random side effect though, because I've never really been bothered by bad dreams before.

10. moneyman

moneyman Member

I see dreams very occasionally for instance the last time I dreamed is maybe a month ago. Maybe I see the dreams in the phase of sleep that I can't remember them in the morning. However whenever I see dreams they are completely weird with no sense at all.

11. bykster

bykster Member

This is the weirdest dream I had. Ever. At the time I was big into NBA basketball and D-Rose and Lebron were tearing it up, but also, I was in high school and had to do a history report on the relationship between Hitler and Stalin. So I stayed up really late to do the report and when I was done I turned on some TV to lull me to sleep and that Tom Hanks movie where's stranded on an island came on.

Anyway, I fall asleep, and dream I'm on an island controlled by Nazis and I'm captured and brought before Stalin and Hitler. All of sudden, Lebron and Derrick Rose are also captured and we convince Hitler and Stalin to play us 3 on 3 for our release. Well then Stalin, being the smart ass that he is, says there's only two of of them and they want one of pro players with them. I somehow make the call to give them Lebron because everybody hated Lebron back then. Then D-Rose designs me to guard Lebron while he's guarding Hitler and Stalin. And of course Lebron just keeps dunking in my face, D-Rose keeps yelling at me, and Hitler and Stalin are just giggling like little school girls. I'd call this a nightmare, because it was pretty bad feeling while I was having that dream, but right now it's way to hilarious to be considered a nightmare.

12. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

That was hysterical, if I had a dream like that I probably would have woken myself up laughing!!

13. bykster

bykster Member

It was actually very scary at the time. My girlfriend actually woke me up because I was squealing and it was pretty obvious I was having nightmare. I immediately woke up and told her the dream and she looked at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world. I remember being mad at her and telling her she has no idea what it's like to get dunked on by Lebron.

14. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

You have an adopted Russian daughter? :O

15. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

I was chuckling while reading this. I seriously wish my dreams were as funny as yours :D

16. bykster

bykster Member

It is pretty funny now that I think about it, but I remember being so upset at my girlfriend when she woke me up. I mean, I was happy she woke me up from a nightmare, but the look on her face when I told her what I dreamed... I had to tell this dream to several other people before it actually occurred to me that it's not a nightmare, just a really hilarious dream.

17. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

Why did you think it was a nightmare in the first place?

I mean it seems like the sort of dream where I would wake up from and immediately wonder if I had smoked anything before going to bed :D

18. bykster

bykster Member

Because I was scared during it? My girlfriend woke me up because I was actually squealing in my sleep like a little puppy. Now I have no idea why I was scared though, but I was upset no one believed me it was actually a nightmare. I don't know how could anyone believe that was a nightmare.

19. Zhen25

Zhen25 Member

I seem to have weird dreams every night. I call them weird because they seem to be so very real. Sometimes I dream about a movie I watched or something that I want to happen. I even relive things that happened throughout the day.

20. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

I think I can understand why.

When I was about 10 I had a dream dad was driving a car while me and my siblings were inside. Dad then drove the car off a pier into the water and the next thing I remember is I'm watching my dad and sister scuba diving around the car. The dream scared the crap out of me and to this day I'm still nervous of being in a car around water, even if I'm driving it! My friends though, they said it sounded like a pretty good dream.