Weird Dreams?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Susimi, Nov 6, 2015.

1. bykster

bykster Member

That's scary! Seriously. I would be terrified to dream something like that. Well, your dad driving off a pier with siblings in it part, not the scuba diving part, that part's actually funny.

2. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

It was pretty terrifying to me. I told my then best friend about it a few days later and he told me that it was just a dream however that knowledge made no difference to how I felt about it.

It's strange how the mind can create stuff like this. I guess we sometimes take for granted how powerful the human brain can be.

3. likeascroll

likeascroll Member

Sounds pretty prophetic. ;) You should look into that. But I have strange dreams, yours wasn't strange. To you it was just random maybe.

4. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

If you mean the dream that made me start this thread, then I doubt there is nothing that could be done, even if there was some deeper meaning behind it. Safe to say I think the world would be screwed! :D

5. mayasupernova

mayasupernova Active Member

Love the apocalyptic idea behind your dream - It would be yet another good story for a book/movie.
    People are such interesting creatures. What happens in our brains during sleep is quite extraordinary to me.
    A while back, I myself had a strange dream related to a religious context. I assume that was some consequence of me reading the Bible - Revelations. I am not a religious person, but I love knowing about things, so I wanted to see what the Bible has to say.
    Because of reading about the end of the world, I am guessing my dream had to have something to do with it.

What I dreamt about was so vivid, and scary, too.
    I was on the ground with many other people, all of us dressed in white gowns, like those you can see some Gods were dressed in. We were standing on the green pasture, the sun was shining to our left hand side. A few metres around us, there was a circle like those children usually draw in the sand, surrounding us. Inside the circle were us, and the greenery. Ouside the circle and to our right hand side there was a pure devastation, destruction, annihilation of the world.
    Just a step above us standing in the green area, there was a lovely puffy white cloud, with some godlike people already on top of it, standing. I remember someone from the cloud reached his hand towards me, I took him by the hand, and he pulled me up. I was on the cloud with the others then. I could have seen clearly and quite vividly from up above what was going on on the ground. People were being burned alive, everyone was running and screaming. From the skies, there were some fiery meteors rushing to the ground, making huge craters, and burning everything alive. The entire forests were under fire. Lava was all around, there was no escape.
    The dream made me shiver and shake so I woke up pretty scared.
    That was my only religious dream so far...

6. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. While the dream I had had no reference to her, it did have the exact same subway inside I used later though the entrance to the subway was in a different location or the buildings changed? from when the dream occurred.

Your emoticon smiley seems shocked, why are you shocked? Is this a good shock or a bad shock? We did ended up adopting a child that once puberty hit the chemical change in her body screwed her up, she now has personality disorder, lack of empathy, and Schizophrenia, something we didn't bargain for but you can have natural kids with all sorts of issue you didn't bargain for either so it's really a moot point. There did seem to be a much higher degree of kids with issues being adopted than none issue kids, how they knew this girl at the age of 8 months would have these problems that wouldn't show up until after puberty is beyond me, so beyond me I don't think they knew. The girl was a product of a military man having sex with a woman in Uzbekistan, of which neither I can find after years of searching when my daughter became interested in knowing who they were and if they're still around. Russia keeps very poor records so finding any of the birth parents was going to be an almost impossible task. She is doing better now but has a long ways to go, she is one the few patients with these disorders that will actually take their meds. She cannot live with us anymore due to and attempted arson at our home when she was 16, but she lives nearby by herself at age 21 and can come and go as she pleases, we see her once a week and spend the day with her; they thought she was going to need a group home but she is doing well enough to where the group home isn't necessary, but she does live in government housing because of her disability that has concrete walls, floor, and ceilings and fire suppression system which was the only place that would take her due to the arson charge. Yes, as parents we had her charged with arson, mean as that sounds, but it was the only way after a slew of other events of which we had a much needed paper trail on, that she was going to get the help she needed, and it was at the place she was placed in that they discovered she had schizophrenia which I thought for a several years but her psychologists blew off my thoughts "because I didn't have a "doctorate in psychology"! She hasn't had any outbursts of anger or moodiness since she started her pills at the age of 17, but the pills do have a side effect...weight gain, but the side effect is worth it.

7. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Whoa you have your hands full. Yeah kinda shocked about the Russian part.

All the Russian ppl I met were very balanced people actually, so it cant be that. They do tend to binge drink sometimes though. :p

Some times the brain works in strange ways to keep everything in balance, she is still young So Im sure she'll get out stronger from this. She might just need to sort some things out and vent a bit...

Plus its better that she goes over it in a younger age then later in life where there might be more stress and stuff.

I bet some excercise would help lots!

As for doctors, probably no need to tell you but a second or third opinion is never a bad idea.

yeah drugs do that. What bugs me most with them is the constant pissing... :D

Btw, a family friend of ours has adopted a boy and a girl. The girl is Super but the boy is a bit more difficult and as they tell me also receives some medical care.

No arson, just some nasty behaviour with booze, cigarretes, energy drinks and sh^t-chatting.. Some door slamming, pushed them a couple times. Not that serious, in the US he could probably run for president! :D

8. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

There is a family here in this town that adopted a Russian boy and they have the exact same problems as my daughter has except he's a male and is a lot more aggressive and extremely dangerous. But these parents are stupid, they think the boy can do no wrong and won't press charges when he beats mom up or attacks the dad or kills the neighbor dog, but the police say otherwise and insist they press charges to get him help, but they won't.

9. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

You know, now that I remember it, I met a Russian girl online once From a date web, and at some point she told me that "they" were telling her that she should take medication for schizophrenia (which means "separation in the brakes - nerves" in Greek btw. Yeah, nerves and brakes are the same word in Greek :D ).

She told me that she would maybe take them to take some money from the state, so I thought that she was just being a brat to take some money from the government. Or maybe she was freaked from living in Moscow which kinda seems like a bad place to live.:p

And then I woke up and Found about 50 missed calls on Skype and some crazy messages.

You think that its a common problem over there? Like obessity is in the US or something?

What is Schizophrenia anyway? Whats the symptoms?

10. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

You can read about schizophrenia here: http://www.invegasustenna.com/about-schizophrenia/schizophrenia-symptoms?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2015%20Schizophrenia%20Experience%20-%20Broad&utm_term=diagnosis%20%2Bschizophrenia&utm_content=Schizophrenia%20Diagnosis%7Cmkwid%7CsWeRWIHS3_dc%7Cpcrid%7C91255898198

And: http://www.schizophrenia.com/szfacts.htm#

There is also a movie about it, though it was done by a man who conquered it without drugs which is very rare called "The Beautiful Mind".

A lot of street bums that are homeless have this issue, this is why you see a lot of them talking to someone who isn't there, unlike us who appear that we are talking to ourselves when in fact we're using a bluetooth! It can be a very debilitating disease and our government doesn't do a lot for them anymore, they use to be housed in dormitory style mental institutions but due to lack of funding they were all closed, and without family help to get them treated they simply roam the streets talking to ghosts, but some I suspect are far worse off with that disease than my daughter or even the man in the film I mentioned.

Not sure of actual statistics but it does seem from other people that I know that adopted out of Russia that a far more than normal number of them seem to have schizophrenia, but I think this sort of thing is hard to track especially if a lot of them are living on the streets. When I was in Moscow there were a lot of people living on the streets and in the subway system and in the tunnels that went under roads, and a lot of them were talking to ghosts. There were also a lot of young girls living like that too, but that's a whole different and very sad story about Russia.

11. mayasupernova

Haha I like your way of writing.
    Although you made some good points here about the girl and the doctors part, where you can certainly opt for more than one opinion, your style of writing tend to be toward optimistic, almost humorous part. I especially liked the part where you mentioned the boy could run for the president in the USA. That is just hilarous, but mostly true.

Kids can be very difficult to raise, no matter whether they are adopted or not. Kids will always be kids also no matter which background they come from. I am guessing your friend's kids are growing up, thus creating personalities of their own. Girls are always a bit more timid, unlike boys who can be very wild and destructive, in the mildest meaning of the word, mainly with toys. While girls tend to be more of analitical and gentle, emotional, boys are rather practical; while girls tend to fix, boys tend to break (talking here on the mere bases of playing with toys, which later reflect on some other things).

Plus as @Froze well explained here, the hormonal changes also play a paramount factor in one's body, especially during puberty, and even later in life. One can never be sure when they will kick in, and who would be affected, no matter if the kid was from adopted family or your own.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

Actually I don't remember most of my dreams and when I do they are some twisted version of reality, nothing too fancy. I just wish I could dream with being on the beach all day. :)

13. Djordje87

Djordje87 Member

Since i have been messing with my 'third eye' i have lucid dreams. Sometimes it is very good and beautiful but on the other hand i have those crazy dreams like you described. The thing is sometimes i cannot distinguish reality from dream and i had those before activating the pineal gland. I thought what i had before was scary but i was wrong. When i realize and if i realize it is a dream i can even control some part of it. Last night i dreamed about riding a roller coaster. I love those. When my dream was done i was screaming like an insane person. I was jumping in the bed and i didn't want to wake up, it was not in my plans because i didn't know it was a dream. The whole thing started collapsing and it was then when i somehow managed to wake up. I hit my head into a wall by accident and woke up the whole house. That was very extreme even for me so when i saw your thread i had to check it out. I realized it was a dream when it was falling apart and i was the only one screaming. Some kids in front of me turned around to look at me with their smiles and white eyes. I was petrified.

14. jrschultz

jrschultz Member

Here's my recurring dream I've had since I was a child. In my dream I am a tightrope walker at the circus. I'm doing my act, and as I look out over the cowd I blink. When I open my eyes I am walking power lines that somehow span the grand canyon. I get nervous, slip, and fall. I'm falling belly down into the grand canyon. Right before I hit I wake up belly down in my bed in the same position I was falling in my dream. As a kid this dream would freak me out. Now i just find it interesting.

15. Dahlia

Dahlia New Member

" the whole planet was beginning to split in two." Its funny that, that was the first poster';s dream. I was once walking with a girlfriend (we were both only about sixteen or so) quite pretty, the both of us, and a man about early 20's or so starting walking with us and trying to talk to us as boys and men in our age range were prone to doing in those days. Me and ,my girlfriend weren't too impressed with this particular one and tried to make it apparent by showing dis interest and generally talking to each other and not him. He was persistent though and kept walking with us and trying to join in whatever we would be doing for the day. In desperation I said something like "Don't you think that this would make a good plot for a horror science fiction movie? The three of us walking along across this parking lot when all of a sudden the world splits in two?" I let that sink in and then say, "Yup, horrible, the planet just opens up and splits in two right here on the Woodward's Parking lot." The three of us walk in silence for a few feet. Then I say," the horrible part is that we were all left on the same side." The guy still didn't get it. That was a weird dream, or a nightmare rather.

16. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

Hehe thanks! :)

If only you were my English teacher. :p :D

17. mayasupernova

Haha that could be one of the weirdest dreams you could have. Maybe tonight you can as well dream about me as your English teacher. Yet I turn out to be someone from the sky, like some extraterrestrial and you find out about that, but only too late, after I had taken you aboard my space ship and done various experiments on you. hahah :p

18. Volnix

Volnix Well-Known Member

That sounds a lot like my - actual- English teacher :D

19. mayasupernova

Your current English teacher is an alien, or your actual, meaning, your actual dream teacher is? :) Please be specific. Otherwise, I might be quite envious of you because you have met an alien.
    I wish anyone around me were an alien.

Talking about aliens, last night I had a weird dream about an extraterrestrial. My colleague from the Uni was coming for a visit in my city and
    wanted to meet me. We were never actually friends while studying, and it was very weird he wanted to see me. Nevertheless, I accepted the invitation.
    It was just some beer and talking. All of a sudden, his left hand turned into some weird tentacle when he reached for his glass of beer. He saw I noticed that an quickly turned his hand to being a hand of a human. I was shocked! And that was when I woke up.

20. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

I think you are very lucky to recall your dreams even more when they involve extra terrestrials and colleagues. If just they were on bikes it would be the perfect dream! :D

mayasupernova likes this.