Weird Noise coming from wheels

sebastian21

Mar 27, 2005
HI, guys,,I own a trek 4500 (05) with disc brakes (mechanicals) and everytime im going fast i feel in the from wheel a noise coming either from the disc or the wheels i think is because of the wind,,, Have anbody ever have that problem..
thanks

sebastian21 said:
HI, guys,,I own a trek 4500 (05) with disc brakes (mechanicals) and everytime im going fast i feel in the from wheel a noise coming either from the disc or the wheels i think is because of the wind,,, Have anbody ever have that problem..
thanks

well what sortof noise is it, i think if you explained it a little more me or someone else here might be able to tell you what is causing it from a little bit of a description

sebastian21 said:
thanks

Check the spokes!!

If not: hubs (bearings).

The noise comes from the front or rear wheel? have you check in a stand (just spining the wheels)?

Other option: the rim is bent. In high speed you notice the offbalance, in this case making a noise. My two cents.

Certain rotors have resonances at mountain bike speeds. The tread of the tire has a lot of influence on the speed in which this happens, due to the vibration. You can be sure it is resonance by pushing above the speed and it goes away. My formula rotors(junk but light) resonated at about 13-17 mph. Hayes rotors are much higher if they resonate at all.