Welcome to Spammer's Forums

kdelong

Dec 14, 2006
Welcome to Spammer's Forums! This is the forum where you can post your spam with no threat that it will ever be removed. Of course it probably will not be read either but that is of no consequence. It used to be a forum dedicated to bicycling but since the administrator has decided to neglect it, you can spam all you want. There are only a few die-hard cyclists who still post here anymore to get in your way, but I am certain that they will give it up soon and you spammers will have it all to yourselves. Enjoy:rolleyes:!

I'm in complete agreement, and what is worse is that some of the members have volunteered to help in getting rid of it and have been ignored.

p38lightning said:
I'm in complete agreement, and what is worse is that some of the members have volunteered to help in getting rid of it and have been ignored.
Is that really surprising? If the owner cares, he would have done something about the spam with or without members' help. The reason the spam is ignored is the same reason why members' suggestions/volunteering has been ignored.

In the feedback section tehre is a thread on setting up a replacement. We should seriously consider this because I don't think the site will survive another spamfest like December.

Bro Deal said:
In the feedback section tehre is a thread on setting up a replacement. We should seriously consider this because I don't think the site will survive another spamfest like December.
I agree...but what other site/forum could be used??

This used to be one of the first sites I checked out in the morning, now I only do it when I get extremely bored because all it is is spam. I find it depressing. I know I didn't exactly contribute a lot, but I think this forum has died, and I doubt I will be back. So long, and may all your rides be great!

The sad part is that this is not a new phenomenon in here, and that STILL nothing is being done. maybe the admins/owners want it to die so they can find something else to do with their lives...obviously running an internet forum is not their forte'.

bikeforums.net is down for a while due to database problems, maybe if enough people post threads here, we can at least bump the spammers from the top of the page for a while...

At least until the bots discover that they need to repost.

:)

Bro Deal said:
Those are not part of the forum. They are Usenet groups and cyclingforums is acting as a gateway. .
but aren't 'rec.bicycles.misc' and 'rec.bicycles.tech' also part of USENET? Both of those are loaded with spam

Maybe the 'bots' figure the regional sub-forums of USENET aren't big enough

Bro Deal said:
Those are not part of the forum. They are Usenet groups and cyclingforums is acting as a gateway. You can access the same groups with Google.
Do those usenet groups count as statistics for this site? I notice that this forum counts them in the threads and posts stats (take the unicycle forum for instance). I remember one of our members here posting a graph of Cycling Forums versus Daily Peloton Forums traffic, and CF kicked its ass. I wonder though whether the usenet data was included as part of CF's stats?

Crankyfeet said:
Do those usenet groups count as statistics for this site? I notice that this forum counts them in the threads and posts stats (take the unicycle forum for instance). I remember one of our members here posting a graph of Cycling Forums versus Daily Peloton Forums traffic, and CF kicked its ass. I wonder though whether the usenet data was included as part of CF's stats?
I'm sure the people who use CF to access Usenet's cycling forums count.

Crankyfeet said:
I don't see anywhere with an overall number of posts, so it is probably up to a person to use whatever they felt was appropriate. If the number of non-spam posts in only forums and not gatways to Usenet were counted, then I can't imagine this forum beating out any other cycling forum.

I run a private forum with 15 users that has as much activity on a busy week as the two subforums here that I read... if you don't count the spam.

Ugh! The spamming is getting worse and worse. It is as if spammers are breeding exponentially like bacteria. The cycling training and power training sections are really getting slammed.

I don't know if it is the spammers that are worse, or the one person in a million that actually buys something from them that keeps them doing it...

If I ever need a cheap pair of shoes or cell phone from an unethical company, I'll sure know where to find them.

:)